Thread: Michigan Supreme Court Elections

Michigan Supreme Court Elections

I have not read anything here yet about the election for the Michigan Supreme Court. These positions are 8 year terms and can have a huge impact on our efforts. Here is one link with a few simple questions the candidates were presented. I would hope for a good discussion to help educate everyone on these individuals.

http://www.lwvmi.org/documents/LWV2010final30.pdf

From what I gather, Bob Roddis appears to be very good, he leans libertarian. He has the constitution on his website and explains how the Federal Reserve is unconsitutitional. With a mindset like this, it's almost a guarantee that he is pro RKBA.

Bob Young appears to be pretty good, I'm not as convinced as I am on Bob Roddis but Bob Young is endorsed by many people in MI who are friendly to our cause.

Roddis seems like a good choice, but I would really like to hear his opinion on medical marijuana. The issue will come before the court soon, and I want someone that will actually fight to uphold the law people vote for.

The questions were good, but I would like to know a lot more about each one. Their feelings in abortion, affimative action, gun rights, gay marriage, medical marijuana, are important to me because judges often rule according to their personal feelings now days.

Two good choices appear to be Mary Kelley and Robert Young. I spoke to them both on 10/10. They couldn't tell me how'd they'd rule on cases like the one Steve Dulan and MCRGO are fighting, but they both said they judge the letter of the law, not so made up interpretation about "legislative intent".
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

what case is steve dulan and mcrgo fighting??

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    what case is steve dulan and mcrgo fighting??
    Do a topic Search "Stephen Dulan" in this Forum.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.