• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Supreme Court Elections

sprinklerguy28

I have not read anything here yet about the election for the Michigan Supreme Court. These positions are 8 year terms and can have a huge impact on our efforts. Here is one link with a few simple questions the candidates were presented. I would hope for a good discussion to help educate everyone on these individuals.

http://www.lwvmi.org/documents/LWV2010final30.pdf

Jared

From what I gather, Bob Roddis appears to be very good, he leans libertarian. He has the constitution on his website and explains how the Federal Reserve is unconsitutitional. With a mindset like this, it's almost a guarantee that he is pro RKBA.

Bob Young appears to be pretty good, I'm not as convinced as I am on Bob Roddis but Bob Young is endorsed by many people in MI who are friendly to our cause.

detroit_fan

Roddis seems like a good choice, but I would really like to hear his opinion on medical marijuana. The issue will come before the court soon, and I want someone that will actually fight to uphold the law people vote for.

The questions were good, but I would like to know a lot more about each one. Their feelings in abortion, affimative action, gun rights, gay marriage, medical marijuana, are important to me because judges often rule according to their personal feelings now days.

TheQ

Two good choices appear to be Mary Kelley and Robert Young. I spoke to them both on 10/10. They couldn't tell me how'd they'd rule on cases like the one Steve Dulan and MCRGO are fighting, but they both said they judge the letter of the law, not so made up interpretation about "legislative intent".