Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Why carry a gun? I believe this video says it all.

  1. #1
    Regular Member COMMANDER1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Flintstone, GA
    Posts
    129

    Why carry a gun? I believe this video says it all.

    If only more LEO's and citizens had this mans view, we might actually be able to put a huge dent in violent crime.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5n7inTI1dc

  2. #2
    Regular Member Smith & Wesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Grayson Ky
    Posts
    28
    This is why I carry my .40 Smith & Wesson, this is why my wife carries a 9mm, both with hydrashok and I teach my kids how to hold, respect, and fire a gun. People don't care if you call the police, but they will care when hot lead enters a point of their body. It is our right to defend ourself and it will forever be my duty to protect myself, my family, my kids, and those around me.

  3. #3
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith & Wesson View Post
    This is why I carry my .40 Smith & Wesson, this is why my wife carries a 9mm, both with hydrashok and I teach my kids how to hold, respect, and fire a gun. People don't care if you call the police, but they will care when hot lead enters a point of their body. It is our right to defend ourself and it will forever be my duty to protect myself, my family, my kids, and those around me.
    Try to locate some Federal HST ammo. Seems to be having a better track record than the Hydra-Shok Federal loads.

    Just a suggestion.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mo.
    Posts
    279
    "It doesn't matter what kind of gun that you carry, as long as you carry." Gotta love a statement like that.

  5. #5
    Regular Member COMMANDER1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Flintstone, GA
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by heresyourdipstickjimmy View Post
    "It doesn't matter what kind of gun that you carry, as long as you carry." Gotta love a statement like that.
    Oh yes, I got chills when he said that.

  6. #6
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    The first person calling 911 in that video are so calm and nonchalant about what is happening. You just KNOW that they firmly believe that now that have called 911 it's all over and she will be taken care of by the police. There are way too many out there with that same naive mindset and they need to be woken up to the reality that is our world.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  7. #7
    Regular Member MamaLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    885
    It is a seriously stupid idea that only those over 21 need to be armed. What? Nobody under 21 is ever at risk? Everyone under 21 needs an armed escort?

    If a person can't be trusted with a gun, they need a keeper or a hardened jail cell. And we don't magically become competent and trustworthy at midnight of our 21st year.

    And the training needed to get a cc "permit" is a basic minimum and does not prepare one to effectively and safely carry. I'm NOT saying that any training should be mandatory by "law." Most people who decide to carry WANT more training, and it should never be discouraged or made to seem unnecessary.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

    Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith & Wesson View Post
    This is why I carry my .40 Smith & Wesson, this is why my wife carries a 9mm, both with hydrashok and I teach my kids how to hold, respect, and fire a gun. People don't care if you call the police, but they will care when hot lead enters a point of their body. It is our right to defend ourself and it will forever be my duty to protect myself, my family, my kids, and those around me.
    ahmen brother

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Play that video for your family, your friends, your loved ones.

    Send it to your elected representatives.

    There is truth there - stark, hard truth.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Outstanding video!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    nevada
    Posts
    11
    Good video. The leo even tells the people to be armed. and then you get the liberals who say everyone who owns a gun is bad. such tragedy that liberals are for the intruders. remember GOOD is BAD and BAD is GOOD. this is the way our country is going if we allow them to continue to spew ther dissinfo. Just show the facts let people decide to carry or not.

  12. #12
    Guntechie
    Guest
    Chilling....
    I'm buying a shotgun next week.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1
    I have a 9mm that I carry, my wife carries a 380 as well. My 15 year old daughter is a better shot then I am. My family and I will not be victoms.

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by kannoneer View Post
    I have a 9mm that I carry, my wife carries a 380 as well. My 15 year old daughter is a better shot then I am. My family and I will not be victoms.
    Welcome aboard Kannoneer. Seems are screen names were destined to be seen
    together

    Kudos on getting the whole family involved.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    It is a seriously stupid idea that only those over 21 need to be armed. What? Nobody under 21 is ever at risk? Everyone under 21 needs an armed escort?

    If a person can't be trusted with a gun, they need a keeper or a hardened jail cell. And we don't magically become competent and trustworthy at midnight of our 21st year.

    And the training needed to get a cc "permit" is a basic minimum and does not prepare one to effectively and safely carry. I'm NOT saying that any training should be mandatory by "law." Most people who decide to carry WANT more training, and it should never be discouraged or made to seem unnecessary.
    +1 ML, my child would be prepared to defend themselves as soon as possible, none of this magic number BS.

    I agree with the video's themes of self reliance and self defense, but as an OC advocate I must take issue with the video's emphasis on CC 'permits.' In public, an openly carried handgun will be more likely to inspire fear in the mind of a criminal than the abstract notion that a potential victim might be carrying a weapon.
    That gripe aside, the video certainly had impact.

  16. #16
    Regular Member KansasMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Herington, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,005
    OC,,I agree CC, it doesn't matter, if the bad guys get the thought through there thick skulls and it gets into there lil pea-sized brain that they ARE going to die or be seriously injured EVERY time they try and molest someone it just might have an impact on this . Awesome video.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sullivan, MO
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by COMMANDER1911 View Post
    If only more LEO's and citizens had this mans view, we might actually be able to put a huge dent in violent crime.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5n7inTI1dc
    Man, that's rough. This is why when I'm alone in my house I always have something within arms reach of me. I take my AR to the bathroom with me when I shower. Never be caught off guard! I pulled a weapon on my own son this morning by mistake! He's home from the Marine Corps for Christmas, well he stayed all night with a friend last night and I didn't know he was coming home at the time he did. Then when I heard someone trying to get in thru my locked door, (he didn't have a key) I naturally grabbed some protection. Darn kid, a Marine ought to know better than to sneak up on Momma! Good thing I identify my target first! But, my point being, it could have been some Meth head for all I know. It's scary how these thugs aren't afraid to kick your door in to rob and assault you. It's going to be a VERY bad day for them when they kick mine open!! I refuse to be a victom.

  18. #18
    coolfrmn
    Guest
    And that video along with the tragedies that I've seen during my 18 1/2 years as a firefighter/EMT is the reason I've been carrying concealed since 1997. SC became a "Shall Issue" in 1996.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by coolfrmn View Post
    And that video along with the tragedies that I've seen during my 18 1/2 years as a firefighter/EMT is the reason I've been carrying concealed since 1997. SC became a "Shall Issue" in 1996.
    Hang in there, coolfrmn. Just 1.5 years more...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •