Thread: VCDL Banquet - Saturday 11/20/2010 7PM. PJ Skidoos, Fairfax, VA.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

VCDL Banquet - Saturday 11/20/2010 7PM. PJ Skidoos, Fairfax, VA.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League had its beginning in late 1994, sixteen years ago. On Saturday, November 20, we will have a banquet to celebrate our many accomplishments as an organization of relentless activists who have successfully restored rights throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia over these many years. We will talk about the future, too and there will be photos from VCDL's many events over the years.

There will be a special presentation at the banquet.

Please come share the stories of the victories we achieved together and of the plans for victories yet to come!

When: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 7:00 p.m.

Where:
    P.J. Skiddo's
    9908 Fairfax Boulevard
    Fairfax, VA 22030

How:
    1. Mail a check or money order made out to VCDL for $26 for each person attending.

Send the check to:

VCDL Banquet,
    P.O. Box 513
    Newington VA 22122

The check needs to arrive not later than November 13. Include a note with the name(s) of attendees and contact phone number. Payment covers meal, taxes, and gratuity.

2. Email entree selections to banquet@vcdl.org Choose one of the following for each attendee you are submitting payment for:
    a) Chicken Cordon Bleu w/rice
    b) London Broil w/mushroom wine sauce (will include choice of vegetable at the restaurant)
    c) Stuffed Chicken Breast in Dill sauce w/rice

Dinners include house salad, bread & butter, dessert and tea or coffee.

Last edited by ed; 10-17-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added tour of the Banquet Hall
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Ed;

Do you know if this is going to be an OC, CC, or no carry event?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I would say as long as you follow the laws of Virginia and the VCDL meetings safety rules (http://www.vcdl.org/static/safety.html) you should be good to go. I plan on OCing.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Centurion

You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Ed;

Do you know if this is going to be an OC, CC, or no carry event?
    As a VCDL event, we would not hold it if carry was not permitted. We try to always pick venues where BOTH OC and CC are allowed.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Thank you Ed and Phil.

I figured as much but just wanted to be certain since this is a more "formal" event (not in dress I trust). I shall be there.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I am thinking of goin to dinner soon just to re-scope things out.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    I realize the organization had its beginning up there in North Virginia, and I'm thankful for that, but now in 2010, seeing as this is the VIRGINIA Citizens Defense League, could we not pick a more central location than Fairfax to have this gathering? Maybe in the years to come? Please consider the rest of us. Thanks.

Hey.. I come to Norfolk for the VCDL picnic and to Lobby day in Richmond.. I am glad they are holding a social event up on Northern Virginia
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    I realize the organization had its beginning up there in North Virginia, and I'm thankful for that, but now in 2010, seeing as this is the VIRGINIA Citizens Defense League, could we not pick a more central location than Fairfax to have this gathering? Maybe in the years to come? Please consider the rest of us. Thanks.
    VCDL does try to accommodate various locales. We have had picnics and other social gatherings in Tidewater, Richmond, NoVa and in the mountains of western Virginia.

Acknowledging that wherever this was held it would constitute a healthy drive for some. Car pooling is a frequent method of minimizing the added expense.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-29-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

While this is not the "official" means of R.S.V.P., feel free to hit up the Banquet Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169448156403852 and let others know she is coming.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    VCDL does try to accommodate various locales. We have had picnics and other social gatherings in Tidewater, Richmond, NoVa and in the mountains of western Virginia.

Acknowledging that wherever this was held it would constitute a healthy drive for some. Car pooling is a frequent method of minimizing the added expense.
    Our previous (and first) banquet (about 4 years ago) was held in Richmond.