• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mississippi OC Roll Call

fiskrb

Daylen,
Sorry, can't make the meet up. I'm ADAF and will be on duty tomorrow and in uniform. I wasn't issued the weapon so cannot OC while in USAF uniform. I'm CCW licensed but cannot CC while in uniform either due to LOAC rules on weapons being in plain sight by uniformed forces.

Some other time, though, I look forward to meeting y'all.

rf

libertyrules

Greenville

I OC whenever I want, mainly in the summer. I OC'd in Colorado before that, and Arizona, NM, OK, Kansas. I have a CCW from CO, still valid for a couple more years. I carry concealed as the need arises.

Chap

Hey libertyrules

Greenville

I OC whenever I want, mainly in the summer. I OC'd in Colorado before that, and Arizona, NM, OK, Kansas. I have a CCW from CO, still valid for a couple more years. I carry concealed as the need arises.

You in Greenville also? .............

Chap

Second time here in Greenville

Yeah, Chap - been here since Jan 2009. Haven't been on OC in a good while. Just getting back into it. How about you?

I was stationed here 1991 - 1995 on the River Tender CGC Patoka here in Greenville. Married here to a local girl, my son was born here in 94.

Divorced, son lives with ex in Eupora MS. (east of here on 82)

This time around I've been here for 5 yrs, I retire in Nov with 30 yrs in Coast Guard. I have a house here in Greenville and plan on staying after retirement.

Glad to hear another forum reader is from here. I always read about lunch get together in other towns. Figured that would be something when I retire, I plan on getting a Honda Goldwing and traveling some. I might have to drop into a luncheon which I see posted in the future.

Chap

PS, where do you shoot? I use the range on 82 east leftside when leaving town.

DocDaddy

Officially in Gulfport after some delay. I need to brush up on some things since rules are different here than they are in Virginia. I see there are a couple others here in the GPT area as well, so looking forward to meeting you guys.

Gangster

Hattiesburg, Ms

Highway patrol sargent and Hattiesburg police dept told me they would draw down on me an fingerprint me if i open carry. Love to join the role call, Gangster, Hattiesburg, Ms

DCKilla

Highway patrol sargent and Hattiesburg police dept told me they would draw down on me an fingerprint me if i open carry. Love to join the role call, Gangster, Hattiesburg, Ms
Ha, welcome to the club, I'm sure there is a lot of info on this forum that can be useful. The members on here are very knowledgeable.

Last edited:

Gangster

Wish me luck, beacuse a I am.

Ha, welcome to the club, I'm sure there is a lot of info on this forum that can be useful. The members on here are very knowledgeable.

Thanks DCKILLA I read all the forums and there are so many different ideas from LEO, and yes they need to understand the law themselves. Thanks for feed back

Gangster

Thanks DCKILLA I read all the forums and there are so many different ideas from LEO, and yes they need to understand the law themselves. Thanks for feed back

DCKIILa have two more questions, If you wore a conceled weapons badge around your neck or on your belt would this help to keep some of the heat off from the LEO, or just make them mad. And are you responsible in some ways, I know in some ways you have to help some people but, to help someone in trouble ( take a life chance, of your own, being sued, ect. ) if you wear this badge?

4angrybadgers

DCKIILa have two more questions, If you wore a conceled weapons badge around your neck or on your belt would this help to keep some of the heat off from the LEO, or just make them mad. And are you responsible in some ways, I know in some ways you have to help some people but, to help someone in trouble ( take a life chance, of your own, being sued, ect. ) if you wear this badge?
Why would wearing a $10 piece of plastic made in China - with no legal definition or weight at the federal, state, county, or local level - make you legally any more responsible than you already are (aren't)?

Please don't get a "concealed weapons badge". It's a retarded idea. If your gun is visible (aka OC), then the badge is a lie because you aren't carrying a concealed weapon. If your weapon IS concealed, why negate the reason for concealment by flashing a badge?

If a cop wants to string you up for carrying a weapon, a badge won't change a thing in his mind. (I'd argue it might piss him off more because of a perceived attempt at impersonating a cop, but that's pure conjecture on my part.)

picard-headesk.jpg

Gangster

+ 1

No badge for me, no way no how.

Chap's iPhone

Thanks just a stupid question, just tring to throw them off I guess. I would not do badge either beacuse I figured it would just make them mad. A little nervous about Open carry after my phone call to Highway patrol and Hattiesburg police. Something about drawing down on me and fingerprinting me makes me nervous.

DCKilla

Thanks just a stupid question, just tring to throw them off I guess. I would not do badge either beacuse I figured it would just make them mad. A little nervous about Open carry after my phone call to Highway patrol and Hattiesburg police. Something about drawing down on me and fingerprinting me makes me nervous.
I personally don't call the local LEOs for their legal opinion or blessing. There is a good chance that they'll discourage you from OCing like in your case. If you want to OC, just do it. If they intend to to arrest and finger print you, let them. Please, don't fight it on the street either, do it in the courtroom.

Oh, and the badge thing, that thought process needs to exit your brain. WE ARE NOT LEOs.

libertyrules

I was stationed here 1991 - 1995 on the River Tender CGC Patoka here in Greenville. Married here to a local girl, my son was born here in 94.

Divorced, son lives with ex in Eupora MS. (east of here on 82)

This time around I've been here for 5 yrs, I retire in Nov with 30 yrs in Coast Guard. I have a house here in Greenville and plan on staying after retirement.

Glad to hear another forum reader is from here. I always read about lunch get together in other towns. Figured that would be something when I retire, I plan on getting a Honda Goldwing and traveling some. I might have to drop into a luncheon which I see posted in the future.

Chap

PS, where do you shoot? I use the range on 82 east leftside when leaving town.

I shoot there too. I just started reloading, and a guy I met out there is helping me get started.

Chap

I have all the equip for reloading

I shoot there too. I just started reloading, and a guy I met out there is helping me get started.

I have all the equip for .45 & 223, just haven't opened a box yet. I'm lazy and a procrastinator which might explain it. One of the guys on the Coast Guard boat reloads, he said he'd help me set things up one of these days.

Something for me to do when I retire, I do plan on working part time consulting after I retire.

Chap