Thread: So I'm driving back to work around noon today, when a cruiser slowly passes me by....

So I'm driving back to work around noon today, when a cruiser slowly passes me by....

I pulled out of a parking lot with no traffic. Suddenly a Montgomery County Sheriff's crusier came out of nowhere and is slowly passing me by like he's checking me out. There was glare on his window as I looked over towards him but it appeared that he was shaking a big "Thumbs Up" to me. And then he took off. I'm left wondering "What was that all about?" Then I realized...

I've got a GUNS SAVE LIVES sticker on the rear window of my pickup :^). So there's at least one Deputy who supports the right to carry in this county !

Thanks ED!

Centurion

Cool Oh, there are lots of them

We have many LEO VCDL members and I have met plenty of other LEOs who get it. Hat's off to that officer nonetheless.

You rerally want to be checked out by the LEOs? My license plate used to be "RUN NCIC." Several did. Run it, that is. I love scanners. Others rode by slowly, with their heads on a swivel in my direction.

* NCIC is the National Crime Information Center, a laarge repository of electronic warrants and such. The VA equivalent is VCIN, the VA Criminal Info Network, which is a spoke in the NCIC wheel.
    Last edited by paramedic70002; 10-14-2010 at 02:22 AM.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

My plate reads, "I M 911".

I always get followed and LEO's run my plates. Could just be the fact that I'm driving a modified M3 or because of my pro gun license plate and VCDL sticker0? Who knows. The ones that do run it just keep driving after they do. Maybe that has something to do with me having my CHP??? Who knows.

Founder's Club Member
    I don't know why this thread was moved to the Maryland forum. There is a Montgomery County, Virginia. The OP lists his location as Christiansburg, the county seat of Montgomery County, VA, so I'd assume he was talking about Montgomery County, VA. Other noteworthy places in Montgomery County, VA are Blacksburg and Virginia Tech.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by rlh2005 View Post
    I don't know why this thread was moved to the Maryland forum. There is a Montgomery County, Virginia. The OP lists his location as Christiansburg, the county seat of Montgomery County, VA, so I'd assume he was talking about Montgomery County, VA. Other noteworthy places in Montgomery County, VA are Blacksburg and Virginia Tech.
    I agree, I "reported" the post to the mods and asked them to move it back... we may have to razz them a little about their seeming NoVA/DC/Maryland-focused sense of geography!

TFred

Wheeew, took a trip up North and didn't even know I'd left the farm :^).

1 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Neplusultra View Post
    1 characters.
    Welcome home!

TFred

LOL at thread movement. I did not know there was a Montgomery Co. VA.. so you learn something new every day
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Back when I had a really large collection of stickers (GSL, NRA, VCDL, GOA, and a couple of "witty" ones), I was coming in to DC on I-66. Around Falls Church or so, got passed by an SS-Wagen (Black SUV with cop lights behind the grill). As they pulled up beside me, the guy riding shotgun gave me a grin and thumbs-up.

Best one, though, was on I-66 when I had my 2-pounder Coehorn on a medieval bombard mount. Think, "Snub-nosed cannon on the roof rack". VA trooper passed me. I could see him in the mirror, head swiveling to look at my roof. As he came abreast, HE gave me a grin and thumbs-up.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    That was funny the time I was following behind and saw the crown vic just slow back and just start pacing you, then speed off after a bit
    Yea that was ridiculous. I didn't even do anything wrong!

I've had a lot of pro gun experiences with LEO's in Va and I'm friends with a few very Pro gun officers. Since I was raised in the horrible place we call Maryland Virginia is like a breath of fresh air for me. I love being stationed here. My Unit sucks but the area rocks!
    HOOAH?

about a week ago, i was having a hard time lining up help for some work and driving through a down town area. kind of not paying attention who was around me, as i was calling around trying to find workers. just started off from a light, when someone beside me tooted the horn. i looked and it was a state police suv. i thought oh, no what did i do, but he just motioned for me to roll down my window and told me my brake light was out and i needed to get it fixed. i said yes, sir, right away and he just went on. i got it fixed, but wondered why he didn't pull me, and i thought i just put a couple of "guns save lives" stickers that i got from VCDL on the back. i wondered if that was it

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I get the same reaction from police. I guess it's because I have several sets of personalized plates that say the same thing. One for each truck.

"Farm Use"