• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So I'm driving back to work around noon today, when a cruiser slowly passes me by....

Neplusultra

I pulled out of a parking lot with no traffic. Suddenly a Montgomery County Sheriff's crusier came out of nowhere and is slowly passing me by like he's checking me out. There was glare on his window as I looked over towards him but it appeared that he was shaking a big "Thumbs Up" to me. And then he took off. I'm left wondering "What was that all about?" Then I realized...

I've got a GUNS SAVE LIVES sticker on the rear window of my pickup :^). So there's at least one Deputy who supports the right to carry in this county !

Thanks ED!

paramedic70002

You rerally want to be checked out by the LEOs? My license plate used to be "RUN NCIC." Several did. Run it, that is. I love scanners. Others rode by slowly, with their heads on a swivel in my direction.

* NCIC is the National Crime Information Center, a laarge repository of electronic warrants and such. The VA equivalent is VCIN, the VA Criminal Info Network, which is a spoke in the NCIC wheel.

Last edited:

CRF250rider1000

I always get followed and LEO's run my plates. Could just be the fact that I'm driving a modified M3 or because of my pro gun license plate and VCDL sticker0? Who knows. The ones that do run it just keep driving after they do. Maybe that has something to do with me having my CHP??? Who knows.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
I don't know why this thread was moved to the Maryland forum. There is a Montgomery County, Virginia. The OP lists his location as Christiansburg, the county seat of Montgomery County, VA, so I'd assume he was talking about Montgomery County, VA. Other noteworthy places in Montgomery County, VA are Blacksburg and Virginia Tech.

TFred

I don't know why this thread was moved to the Maryland forum. There is a Montgomery County, Virginia. The OP lists his location as Christiansburg, the county seat of Montgomery County, VA, so I'd assume he was talking about Montgomery County, VA. Other noteworthy places in Montgomery County, VA are Blacksburg and Virginia Tech.
I agree, I "reported" the post to the mods and asked them to move it back... we may have to razz them a little about their seeming NoVA/DC/Maryland-focused sense of geography! ;)

TFred

3fgburner

Back when I had a really large collection of stickers (GSL, NRA, VCDL, GOA, and a couple of "witty" ones), I was coming in to DC on I-66. Around Falls Church or so, got passed by an SS-Wagen (Black SUV with cop lights behind the grill). As they pulled up beside me, the guy riding shotgun gave me a grin and thumbs-up.

Best one, though, was on I-66 when I had my 2-pounder Coehorn on a medieval bombard mount. Think, "Snub-nosed cannon on the roof rack". VA trooper passed me. I could see him in the mirror, head swiveling to look at my roof. As he came abreast, HE gave me a grin and thumbs-up.

25sierraman

I've had a lot of pro gun experiences with LEO's in Va and I'm friends with a few very Pro gun officers. Since I was raised in the horrible place we call Maryland Virginia is like a breath of fresh air for me. I love being stationed here. My Unit sucks but the area rocks!

papa bear

about a week ago, i was having a hard time lining up help for some work and driving through a down town area. kind of not paying attention who was around me, as i was calling around trying to find workers. just started off from a light, when someone beside me tooted the horn. i looked and it was a state police suv. i thought oh, no what did i do, but he just motioned for me to roll down my window and told me my brake light was out and i needed to get it fixed. i said yes, sir, right away and he just went on. i got it fixed, but wondered why he didn't pull me, and i thought i just put a couple of "guns save lives" stickers that i got from VCDL on the back. i wondered if that was it

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I get the same reaction from police. I guess it's because I have several sets of personalized plates that say the same thing. One for each truck.

"Farm Use"