• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Dad got a sweet deal, me too maybe

crunch14

So my folks' neighbor lady had to put her husband in a home due to advanced parkinsons and demensia (spl?) he was a real gun guy too. Well she asked my Dad if he was interested in any of them so I went with him this evening and she opened up the safe to him. Now mind you the whole family has gone through his safes and whats left she will be selling here and there. Well Dad picked out a 6" stainless COLT PYTHON .357!! Looks dang near new!!
He's bringing it hunting and will work out the price with her son after the season.

While there I looked at a few pieces too and told her that I'd be interested in a Thompson .45acp 1911 that doesn't look like it's been fired. And/or a stainless Smith&Wesson 9mm in excellent condition. Not sure of the model, but it did resemble the Army's beretta.

What do you guys think would be a fair price for each one?

She had 2-3 each blackhawks and super blackhawks that we both passed on. Didn't have time to go through the 15 or so long guns... yet (I hope there's an AR10 in there). But she said that when we're ready just let her know.

amlevin

So my folks' neighbor lady had to put her husband in a home due to advanced parkinsons and demensia (spl?) he was a real gun guy too. Well she asked my Dad if he was interested in any of them so I went with him this evening and she opened up the safe to him. Now mind you the whole family has gone through his safes and whats left she will be selling here and there. Well Dad picked out a 6" stainless COLT PYTHON .357!! Looks dang near new!!
He's bringing it hunting and will work out the price with her son after the season.

While there I looked at a few pieces too and told her that I'd be interested in a Thompson .45acp 1911 that doesn't look like it's been fired. And/or a stainless Smith&Wesson 9mm in excellent condition. Not sure of the model, but it did resemble the Army's beretta.

What do you guys think would be a fair price for each one?

She had 2-3 each blackhawks and super blackhawks that we both passed on. Didn't have time to go through the 15 or so long guns... yet (I hope there's an AR10 in there). But she said that when we're ready just let her know.

Check out the gun auction sites as well as online gun stores. Will give you an idea of what they are selling for.