• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MEET THE CANDIDATES FREEDOMFEST: Virginia Beach 10/14

DontTreadOnMeVa

I heard about this I think last night, cant find much info about the event.
I am thinking about dropping by and checking it out, anyone else?

Time: Thursday, October 14 · 6:00pm - 10:00pm
1900 Pavilion Drive, Virginia Beach - (757) 425-1198
More Info:
JOIN NRP AND FELLOW PATRIOTS IN ONE OF THE LAST CHANCE'S TO SPEAK DIRECTLY WITH CONGRESSIONAL,CITY COUNCIL AND OTHER LOCAL CANDIDATES BEFORE THE BIG ELECTION ON NOV.2 !! CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO OFFER A BRIEF TWO MINUTE STUMP SPEECH AND THEN MINGLE WITH VOTERS AND ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS AND OR CONCERNS FACE TO FACE. *** THERE WILL NOT BE AN OPEN FORUM DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CANDIDATES.*** SO GET OUT AND MEET THE CANDIDATES!! ***PLUS A FREE HOT APPETIZER BUFFET AND DOOR PRIZES WILL BE OFFERED*** COMPLIMENTS OF NRP ***

http://www.newrepublicpatriots.com/events.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=114603278598446

DontTreadOnMeVa

I heard about this I think last night, cant find much info about the event.
I am thinking about dropping by and checking it out, anyone else?

Well, I dropped by. I did not see others carrying, but it was a small event, 20-30 total.
Positive encounter with Bill Desteph Jr. He came up and said he envied me. I was wearing a black, but kinda hawaiian type shirt. He said he could not wait till after the election and he could stop wearing a suit and tie all the time. He said, There was not much chance of him sporting a beard however. We laughed at my expense and I told him the beard was a new thing and I was not sold on it myself. He make two comments showing he was observant and paying attention, so he couldn't miss the HK on me. He elected to not comment on me carrying, I see that as a good encounter. I am researching the man, unless I find something I really dont like I will have to go with my first impression.
Nothing else much to report.

Oh, they are having an election day party same location....might have to go.