Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Pa

McX

Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Pa

Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Paul Knoff in Neillsvile just sent as a story on a Clark Co. judge ruling that the state ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. Could be huge. " STAY TUNED.

just yanked this off of the book!

McX

More!

Vicki McKenna wrote:
    "OH MY GOODNESS. I HAVE THE DECISION. KEY QUOTE: "Thus, while the State has an interest in public safety, sec. 941.23 (PROHIBITION OF CCW) is unconstitutional because it is not narrowly tailored to achieve the State’s interest nor is it the least restrictive means for achieving that interest.""

McX
    Doug, need you to scan the PDF and weigh in on this; we going to get anything out of this? How do you read it?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Good catch. Thanks. I'll read it closely and with great interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Paul Knoff in Neillsvile just sent as a story on a Clark Co. judge ruling that the state ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. Could be huge. " STAY TUNED.

just yanked this off of the book!
    I love that girl - her rants by far are some of my favorite on radio.

McX
    been poking around in the comments section, here's what i got so far: applies to that county only, will undoubtedly be appealed, headed to state supreme court. Might we be witnessing the birth of Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin?!

Might we be witnessing the birth of Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin?!
    we can only hope!

McX
    commented on the book, and will put the same here: it will kinda poo-poo cary events, if we all show up concealed, no one will know, no one will know about their rights!

commented on the book, and will put the same here: it will kinda poo-poo cary events, if we all show up concealed, no one will know, no one will know about their rights!
    Not really. Just because we CAN carry concealed doesn't mean we MUST carry concealed.

McX
    True Don, hopefully if this goes forward it will defang the police picking on open carriers, and maybe denut madison. Historic days my brothers (and sisters).

yanked this off the book too:
    Vicki McKenna ‎@john, the AG will say that he'll wait for the appeal to filed in 20 days. He's the lawyer for the state, after all. This judge just declared the state in error.
    Last edited by McX; 10-14-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added info.

Banned
    http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails...0&mode=details
    Quote Originally Posted by WCCA
    Charge(s) Count No. 1 Statute 941.23 Description Carrying a Concealed Weapon Severity Misd. A Disposition Dismissed on Defendant's Motion

I liked the way he cited the Madison 5 guys in his decision, any bets as to the way he would rule if that case went before him?
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

McX
    i will be available for autographs all day today.

Banned
    WOW! Read footnote [2]; "2 This court notes that it agrees with Justice Clarence Thomas of the United States Supreme Court as to his interpretation and application of the Fourteenth Amendment to the States. See McDonald, Justice Thomas, concurrence." IIRC, this is support for PorI versus (that means against) 'due process'!

McX
    everybody, quick put on your sun glasses, the flash will be visible soon!

Banned
    been poking around in the comments section, here's what i got so far: applies to that county only, will undoubtedly be appealed, headed to state supreme court. Might we be witnessing the birth of Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin?!
    YES, Indeed! on the Constitutional carry question.

However, this does not necessarily only apply to that county. It is a court decision and does have some precedence.
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 10-14-2010 at 11:24 AM.

McX
    Mr. Gleason, move over or sit down, i want to see the flash too! where the hell is sparticus when i need him?! (har-har)

McX
    talking about the CC thing on Vicki's show right now!

vickis show doesn't come on until 3 pm.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    WOW! Read footnote [2]; "2 This court notes that it agrees with Justice Clarence Thomas of the United States Supreme Court as to his interpretation and application of the Fourteenth Amendment to the States. See McDonald, Justice Thomas, concurrence." IIRC, this is support for PorI versus (that means against) 'due process'!
    I read that and didn't know what to make of it. Yes Justice Thomas wanted incorporation via P or I but I think maybe the court was more concerned with the quote I have below.

As Justice Thomas demonstrates, the right to keep and bear arms is
    a fundamental right, not created by the Second Amendment, but secured or
    recognized by it. The right to keep and bear arms is therefore not to be abridged by any State law. Sec. 941.23 must also fail under the application of the Fourteenth
    Amendment.
    In sum, sec. 941.23 is unconstitutional on its face as overly broad in violation of the
    Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution.
    Would incorporation via P or I vs. Due Process make a difference in the context of the above quote?

One of my favorites is a little note in between.
    I use “ordinary” in quotes (as that is how Hamdan referred to citizens) as it troubles this court to refer to some citizens as “ordinary” because of the inference that other citizens are then somehow of greater or lesser stature.
    See the Declaration of Independence—“All men are created equal.”
    I thought to myself, "holy crap", a judge that gets it.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Banned
    Some people think, some that are much smarter than I and that I agree with I-ANAL, that PorI was not used to shut the door on further expansion of civil rights. PorI was called a Pandora's Box full or political horrors that we can't even imagine. The privacy right to infanticide/abortion being a contemporary example.

Due process leaves the judicial system very much in charge of the direction and magnitude of the 2A as a civil right.

Yep. This judge gets it.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-14-2010 at 12:05 PM.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    vickis show doesn't come on until 3 pm.

I don't know guy; i used the listen live thing on her site. they also mentioned it on the regular station news too, mentioned it would be probably appealed too though.

Have to wonder

If there are not more judges sitting and waiting for a case such as this one to do the same thing. This judge can not be the only one in Wisconsin who actually gets it.
    Last edited by JerryD; 10-14-2010 at 12:21 PM.

I don't know guy; i used the listen live thing on her site. they also mentioned it on the regular station news too, mentioned it would be probably appealed too though.
    here is line up for WIBA

Mitch Henk 8-11
    Rush 11-2
    Sean Hannity 2-3
    Vicki 3-6

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast