• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wtb xdsc .40

TOF

You list your location as Nevada and are trying to find a gun to buy in Arizona?

Would you by chance work for the US Government , perhaps ATFE?

Have a good day.

paintsnow

I have an AZ Id as well.

Dual residency, and ive been around here for quite a bit, if you look at my previous threads, i dont think it looks like im from BATF

GWbiker

I believe there's a Las Vegas gun show this week end at the Rivera. Why don't you look for your gun there?

paintsnow

Im in Arizona for school, also im looking for a private sale since im under 21 and cant purchase from a FFL.

GWbiker

Im in Arizona for school, also im looking for a private sale since im under 21 and cant purchase from a FFL.

So, you're looking for a low priced handgun without the need for paperwork to trace the transaction, eh?

I think we got it.....

Attachments

• wilee1794664eb8.jpg
    wilee1794664eb8.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 82

paintsnow

I dont understand....Private sales of handguns to people 18+ are legal in Arizona, and Nevada. Thats how i purchased my first pistol.

Arizona doesnt have any sort of registration or paperwork required for private sales, and neither does Nevada.

I have no problems signing any bills of sale or other paperwork the seller might want for themselves, and i have an AZ ID i would gladly show them as well.

And the XD SC is hardly a cheap gun.

Why are you guys giving me such a hard time? Is carrying while under 21 some sort of taboo for you guys in AZ?

I know at the meetups in Vegas, there are usually a few people under 21 carrying. Havent gotten any flack from the guys over there, or the local Vegas forums.

So whats the deal over here?

TOF

I for one have no problem with 18+ owning guns. I would however be very cautious about selling to someone that I believed to be a citizen of a state other than the one in which they are trying to purchase. The fact is I would not sell to anyone I thought was a non resident.

I have managed to maneuver through life for 70 years without spending one minute incarcerated and hope to finish what years I have left without doing so.

You may begin to understand our reticense as you gain a few more years under your belt. Until then it is just the way it is so get used to it.

paintsnow

As i said, i have an Arizona ID since i live here for 8 of the 12 month a year.

I understand if somebody doesn't want to sell to somebody under 21, or whatever, but it just seems like everybody on here is giving me a hard time about it. If you dont have the gun im looking for for sale, or wont sell it to me, why bother posting and giving me crap because im looking for a private sale?

Its the only way i can legally obtain a handgun, and ive already gone through the process once, never got any flack before this.

GWbiker

Over 90% of my guns have an individual ATF 4473 form attached to them, which means a gun I sold to you and later stolen and used in a crime and seized by Police can be traced back to me. And let's be fair young man, burglary or break ins on/off campus are quite common.

IF you would obtain an Arizona CCW permit, along with a valid AZDL you have a greater chance of finding a private gun sale among us.

I personally will not do a private gun sale to anyone who does not have an AZCCW permit or FFL.

Last edited:

*1911_man*

Over 90% of my guns have an individual ATF 4473 form attached to them, which means a gun I sold to you and later stolen and used in a crime and seized by Police can be traced back to me. And let's be fair young man, burglary or break ins on/off campus are quite common.

IF you would obtain an Arizona CCW permit, along with a valid AZDL you have a greater chance of finding a private gun sale among us.

I personally will not do a private gun sale to anyone who does not have an AZCCW permit or FFL.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose though? He's under 21, so he would not be able to obtain a CCWP or an FFL.
I don't see why a simple bill of sale wouldn't be just as good. Say the gun is stolen and used in a robbery or homicide, they hunt you down, you give them said bill of sale with buyers DL #, then they go after him. What i don't get about some people, is that they think that people with a CCWP will never commit a crime. I was watching cops or one of those cop shows, and a guy who had a valid CCWP had shot and killed 3 people, all of which were innocent of any wrong doing. Another instance was on Forensic Files, where a POLICE OFFICER killed 2 or 3 prostitutes with a gun he stole from a store owner while investigating a robbery at the store.

Nothing against you personally, I'm sure you are both more intelligent, and experienced than i am, but just something to consider. I for one, know it is sometimes hard to acquire a handgun being under 21. Seems like no one knows the law, or that they for some reason thing that an additional 1 or 2 years is going to make someone less capable of committing a violent crime. Just my 2 cents worth.

Sonora Rebel

As i said, i have an Arizona ID since i live here for 8 of the 12 month a year.

I understand if somebody doesn't want to sell to somebody under 21, or whatever, but it just seems like everybody on here is giving me a hard time about it. If you dont have the gun im looking for for sale, or wont sell it to me, why bother posting and giving me crap because im looking for a private sale?

Its the only way i can legally obtain a handgun, and ive already gone through the process once, never got any flack before this.

Y'know... I think you're on a fishing expedition. You 'live here'? So what? Are you a resident? AZ Drivers license? I wouldn't sell you a box of ammo much less a pistol.

Michigander

I may be mistaken, and I'm counting on you guys to tell me if I am, but as far as I know, federal and most states laws prohibit having legal residence in 2 states. I do know that when you move to a new state they punch a hole through your old ID to void it, and this most definitely includes Arizona, unless you illegally obtain 2 from the first state, which is the only way I can think of to have resident state ID's from 2 states.

Also I can't quote the code, but I am quite positive that outdated but still active federal law prohibits buying handguns in states other than your one home state, unless shipped to a FFL, in which case it's still buying from your home state, and illegal for under 21 purchase.

Whether this WTB post is as it appears or not, I humbly suggest that it would be stupid to sell a gun to anyone with a request as illegal seeming as this one.

And paintsnow, I hope I do not come off as judgemental towards you, assuming you are being completely honest. If you honestly didn't understand these things when you posted, I hope you have now learned something useful, even if it's just a new found understanding of oppressive laws. I suggest that you decide for sure which state you want to be a resident in, then take the other ID and burn it. I then suggest you seek a handgun in the state which you have chosen to claim residency in. Being as you're under 21, I will also wish you luck in your difficult quest to find your desired handgun without going to a FFL.

Last edited:

Michigander

Not disputing your personal choices, but it is worth noting that some private sellers choose to call the NICS number to check a buyer. This is a decent option, although certainly not as thorough of a means to cover your ass as having a FFL do a 4473'd transaction.

GWbiker

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose though? He's under 21, so he would not be able to obtain a CCWP or an FFL.
I don't see why a simple bill of sale wouldn't be just as good. Say the gun is stolen and used in a robbery or homicide, they hunt you down, you give them said bill of sale with buyers DL #, then they go after him. What i don't get about some people, is that they think that people with a CCWP will never commit a crime. I was watching cops or one of those cop shows, and a guy who had a valid CCWP had shot and killed 3 people, all of which were innocent of any wrong doing. Another instance was on Forensic Files, where a POLICE OFFICER killed 2 or 3 prostitutes with a gun he stole from a store owner while investigating a robbery at the store.

That's TELEVISION, plain BS from the same media proclaiming all guns used by Mexican Drug Cartels come from straw buyers in Arizona and clueless public sucks it up. We now have BATF agents roaming Arizona gun shows posing as buyers with bogus or out of state ID searching for an illegal gun sale and itching to burn someone's a$$.

In past 6 years in Arizona I have sold just two handguns thru a private sale, both to persons I have known for several years who both have an AZCCW permit.

Last edited:

*1911_man*

well i know foreinsics files is based on actual events, since i have looked the actually cases up online. Cops, well that is just entertaining. My point being ANYONE is capable of committing a crime, doesn't matter what permits or licenses they may have. There was a case at the border where one agent had been buying guns here in az, and transporting them across the border. He was a government agent, sworn to uphold the law, and it still didn't stop him.

I guess all im trying to say is try not to judge someone based on age. Ive seen some EXTREMELY immature 40 year olds, and older. I think gun sales should be based on the law, and with the good judgment of a seller. I personally was selling a handgun a couple months ago, went to go meet up with him, and he rolled up in a bagged cutlass and covered in gang tattoos. He had a CCWP and an AZDL. Needless to say i didn't sell it to him.

Your point makes sense too, to an extent. I guess criminals are slightly less likely to get a CCWP if they have bad intentions.

paintsnow

I went to the MVD and used my NEVADA drivers license to get an Arizona ID card, along with my school ID since they require 2 forms of identification. They did not want my NEVADA drivers license.

What do you mean "Fishing expedition"?

Arizona law requires them to be a resident of arizona for a private transfer, I have an AZ ID with my arizona address on it.

Im pretty sure the MVD would not let me get an AZ ID without giving up my NV DL if it was illegal.

Would it make you feel better if i promise that if i ever commit a crime i use the handgun i already own instead of the new one?

I can go to an FFL and buy a rifle using the AZ ID, so how is it illegal?

Sonora Rebel

I went to the MVD and used my NEVADA drivers license to get an Arizona ID card, along with my school ID since they require 2 forms of identification. They did not want my NEVADA drivers license.

What do you mean "Fishing expedition"?

Arizona law requires them to be a resident of arizona for a private transfer, I have an AZ ID with my arizona address on it.

Im pretty sure the MVD would not let me get an AZ ID without giving up my NV DL if it was illegal.

Would it make you feel better if i promise that if i ever commit a crime i use the handgun i already own instead of the new one?

I can go to an FFL and buy a rifle using the AZ ID, so how is it illegal?

Then go buy a rifle from a licensed FFL dealer. In which state are you registered to vote and pay taxes? I care less what MVD does. Nobody here is gonna sell you anything.

paintsnow

Then go buy a rifle from a licensed FFL dealer. In which state are you registered to vote and pay taxes? I care less what MVD does. Nobody here is gonna sell you anything.

Well I have a job in Arizona and am paying taxes to Arizona, not registered to vote.

Im not on any paperwork for the house in Nevada, its my parents house, but the address is on my NV Drivers license.

So since im paying taxes in Arizona, does that make me a resident?

Can somebody cite a law for this? As far as i know private party has to have a AZ identification with an AZ address on it. How does having a NV Drivers license make it illegal?

And im not looking for a rifle, otherwise i would have gone to an FFL