• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy'z Green Cafe Fish Fry Friday OCT 15th Reminder! PLEASE READ!

oak1971

I would let Adam know that so far there are 12 people who RSVP's on the facebook invite page. They are probably not all coming alone, so thats 24 people.

I had 3 or 4 rsvp's from my email blast.

I had another person respond that he was coming with 8 to 10 friends (I asked him about what time)

So 25 - 30 ppl so far from this end.

Add one more.

polekat

The wife and I liked the fish fry and the granddaughter liked her chicken tenders. It was nice and I'll go there again. I'd like to try their breakfast.

Last edited:

oak1971

They had quite a few names on the list, more folks showed up as the evening progressed. I left around 7:30pm.

Rob

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
We had somewhere around 50 people show up tonight!

We arrived at 6:20 or so and it was busy! When we arrived I believe there were already 5 or 6 people seated and carrying. I didn't recognize any of the people who arrived before we did and it turns out one or two were NOT Wisconsin Carry folks but happened to be locals who saw us open carrying and went and retrieved their guns and put them on and came back into the restaurant. That was great! John has a list of those that were there around 6:30 or so and I believe we had 40 people on that list. A few more people came after wards and I know for certain that around 4 to 6 people came early, ate and left before we got there. So I am guessing we had at least 50 people attend from Wisconsin Carry.

Adam, his mother Lizzy and the staff were great and worked hard all evening. We owe them a big applause and our thanks!

There were a few thoughts this evening about frequenting the restaurant more often (for us that live fairly close) and several of us are planning on eating there Sunday mornings and most likely every Friday for the fish fry.

Please keep in mind that we are welcome to open carry and it is encouraged. How many restaurants have ever welcomed us and encouraged us to open carry? None that I know of but now we have this one!

Thank you Adam, Lizzy, Justine and he rest of the staff (sorry I don't know all of your names)!

Jason in WI

I think we got there around 7:30ish the place was pretty filled up. What was really interesting was that most of the people carrying, I have never seen before!

Nice to see everyone with the wives, kids and babies. Felt more familyish then a lot of the other meet-ups. Looking forward to eating there again.

protias

I think we got there around 7:30ish the place was pretty filled up. What was really interesting was that most of the people carrying, I have never seen before!

Nice to see everyone with the wives, kids and babies. Felt more familyish then a lot of the other meet-ups. Looking forward to eating there again.
You got there shortly after I did. I arrived around 7:15. I agree, there were quite a few people I did not recognize.

paul@paul-fisher.com

You got there shortly after I did. I arrived around 7:15. I agree, there were quite a few people I did not recognize.

Same here. When I talked to people with WCI shirts and/or handguns, they mentioned they were from Facebook vs from OCDO. Then the usual suspects showed up around 6:20 pm and it all went downhill from there. :D

This was my wife's 1st OC event and I could tell all afternoon she was edgy. he actually had a good time and finally realized that while some of us are weird (McX), we are generally normal human beings who just happen to be armed.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
they mentioned they were from Facebook vs from OCDO.

I keep telling you guys.. OCDO is just the core intense segment of our membership. Thats why you shouldn't get too worked up about the crap that flies on OCDO. The movement has exploded far outside the online world.

I'd estimate only 5 percent or so of WCI members come on OCDO.

Collectively with all our network connections, (OCDO, Facebook, email list subscriptions, twitter, and youtube channel we have an enormous base of participants.

M

McX

Same here. When I talked to people with WCI shirts and/or handguns, they mentioned they were from Facebook vs from OCDO. Then the usual suspects showed up around 6:20 pm and it all went downhill from there. :D

This was my wife's 1st OC event and I could tell all afternoon she was edgy. he actually had a good time and finally realized that while some of us are weird (McX), we are generally normal human beings who just happen to be armed.

i resemble that remark.

oak1971

The one thing I regret is I didn't get to connect names and faces with screen names here. Pretty sure I talked to a few of you last night.

Rob

oldschool

She actually had a good time and finally realized that while some of us are weird (McX), we are generally normal human beings who just happen to be armed.[/QUOTE]

Hey that's my buddy and hair style twin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!