• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CJ Barrymore's gun ban

DanM

After OC'ing at C.J. Barrymore's without a problem, a manager followed up on a complimentary email I sent to them and told me that C.J. Barrymore's will prohibit lawful carry of firearms on their premises. C.J. Barrymore's is a restaurant with an arcade and outdoor games, located in Clinton Township. I emailed the company and spoke by phone with their manager in charge, John. I spoke with him about the advantages of at least allowing managers to use discretion instead of an outright ban, but this was to no avail. I'm just one voice, but perhaps if they hear many more voices of gun owners who don't agree with unfounded discrimination, they may consider changing their policy.

I encourage you to write an email or call and speak or leave a voicemail:

Email cjbarrymores@sbcglobal.net

Phone 586-463-4768

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I SENT THIS.

It has come to my attention that you no longer allow firearms in your stores. In lieu of the two recent Supreme Court Decisions and the increasing practice of citizens carrying firearms for defense I wonder if this is a sound business decision. Many corporations including restaurant chains follow state law in regards to firearm possession. Below are a few examples.

In this tough economic time I would think your company would embrace all potential customers. In Michigan alone there are over 280,000 concealed carry permit holders and thousands more that open carry with and without permits you can see that the potential customer lose is significant.

Starbucks recently announced that they will honor all state laws in regards to firearm carry and their business sales increased 7%. Why, because those that believe in firearm rights shop at businesses that support civil rights.

Please reconsider your decision to ban firearms, until then this recent policy change will be announced on hundreds of pro-gun websites, which will leave the decision to patronize your business up to the citizens.

Cabelas:
Policy is to follow the law of the state the store located.
Thank you for the recent email. I am very sorry for the confusion that took place at our retail location. Our corporate office has taken action in regards to the below mentioned issue and here is what has been decided. We have made the decision to comply with state laws in regards to open carry. We do not ask customers to check concealed or open carry weapons where the state has laws governing this situation. Our signs refer to firearms that are being returned or sold to Cabela's.
If you are still having problems please feel free to let us know
Thanks again
Becky, Lead Associate
Cabela's Retail Information
1-800-905-2731 retail.contactgroup<AT>cabelas.com

Bass Pro. Inc. Open Carry Welcome!

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) is pleased to announce that Bass Pro Inc. advised OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk by telephone today that open carry of holstered handguns is as welcome as concealed carry provided all federal and state laws are followed. Bass Pro’s Manager of Communications Larry L. Whiteley asked OCDO OpenCarry.org is pleased that Bass Pro. joins both Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas in clarifying to OpenCarry.org that open carry is welcome in their stores as a matter of corporate policy.

Walmart

Customer Service1-800-Wal-Mart
(1-800-925-6278) Questions regarding a Wal-Mart Store issue
702 SW 8th Street
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

Email contact link: http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

LOWE'S
Dear X:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores. Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores. Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,
Julie Holloway, Lowe's Executive Customer Service

Home Depot.

http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law_regs/postedletters/homedepo.pdf
Customer care number. 1-800-430-3376
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: "HD Consumer Affairs" <hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>

BEST BUY'S:

from Customer Contact <CustomerContact@bestbuy.com>
to X
date Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM
subject Best Buy Gun policy - X
mailed-by bestbuy.com

Best Buy strives to comply with all applicable law and statues. Best Buy also strives to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment for all our customers. Best Buy does not ban guns at our retail locations. As a general rule, Best Buy does not post “no guns allowed” signs in our stores and we are not aware of any individual stores that might have posted such a sign.

BOB EVANS:
Bob Evans - Reference # 536155

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to e-mail regarding our Bob Evans Restaurants. Bob Evans follows all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to firearms. Please contact your local Bob Evans restaurants for the specific regulations. Again, Mr. Spice, we appreciate your comments. We value your patronage and appreciate your interest in Bob Evans Farms Inc.

Barnes & Noble

To: X
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:42 PM
Subject: Barnes & Noble

Thank you for your email.
...Barnes & Noble complies with the law and, except where prohibited by law, does not prohibit its customers from carrying handguns or other firearms in a Barnes & Noble store in accordance with the laws of the state in which a store is located.
Sincerely, Mary Ausman MJAusman@bn.com

Supervisor, Customer Retention
Barnes & Noble, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10011
tel: (800) 422-7717 fax: (212)352.3660 http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com

Alliance Foods, Inc. (Save-A-Lot):

Policy is to follow state law.

Loren Doty
Director of Retail Operations
Alliance Foods Inc.
517-278-2396 ext 1267

Golden Coral

White Castle
Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxx:
Thank you for your complimentary response concerning your recent
visit to our Lansing White Castle.
Please be advised that our policy regarding firearms is that we follow
all State and Federal guidelines/laws and we would expect our customers
to do the same.
We hope that you will continue to be a loyal White Castle Craver.
Thank you,

White Castle Management

Sears/K-mart

Subject: RE: Request for fire arm/weapon policy

Our corporate policy regarding customers who openly carry firearms on our store premises is that as long as the law of the state in which our store is located legally permits the open carrying of firearms (i.e. carrying a firearm on one's person in plain sight), customers will be permitted to openly carry firearms within our stores.

Emerald Sloan
Blue Ribbon Service Case Manager
Sears Holdings Corporation
Toll Free: 1-888-266-4043 extension 75
Email: BlueRibbonService2@searshc.com

Dicks Sporting Goods
Mr. XXXX,
Thank you for contacting Dick's Sporting Goods.
Our stores comply with state laws and, in some cases, where we are a tenant as an anchor store, those mall restrictions if any exists.
Jean Taggart,Manager of Customer Engagement

DanM

Below is the best I can find on CJ Banningmore's owners. I'm trying to find emails/phones for these guys, so they can also be made aware that their management is discriminating against gun owners. I don't know if they are aware or not. If you find emails/phones for them, post it please.

Corporate name: Barrymore's C J of Mount Clemens Inc
President: Rick E. Iceberg
Vice President: Robert J. Breitmeyer

Onnie

No response back

As of this am I have not received anything back from they saying they even received my e mail and to buzz off!