• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League!

aadvark

I need your help!

I was watching the Television Series LawMan, with Steven Seagal, last night.

Everything was going good until Stevan Seagal, and several other Jefferson Sheriff Parish Deputies, confiscated a Handgun owned by a 20 Year Old Man with NO Criminal History whatsoever, from His Motor Vehicle.

I have wrote The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office about this, and I am waiting on a reply.

In the meantime..., I am asking that someone affiliated with Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League contact the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office to reinforce my letter in regards to Louisiana Revised Codes RS 14:95.8 AND RS 40:1796.

In Jefferson Parish Louisiana, apparently, the Deputies of that Sheriff's Office THINK, although Incorrectly, that one needs to be 21 to Own a Handgun. This is Incorrect, under both Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 922(x) AND The Revised Statutes named and enumerated above.

Again..., please contact The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office to help me with my request so that they will follow The Law in Louisiana in regards to the minimum age nessecary to Own a Handgun.

sraacke

You might get more response from members of LOCAL by posting this at the forum at laopencarry.org . While some LOCAL members read this board it is a separate organization and handles it's business at that forum and it's monthly business meetings.

By the way, as pointed out already, this was addressed a year ago.

Last edited: