Thread: Gun Buster Stickers

Gun Buster Stickers

Did anyone catch the video of Cleveland vs. Ohio in the Supreme Court of the State of Ohio?

http://www.OhioChannel.org/MediaLibr...?fileId=127365

The Cleveland Law director doesn't want people Openly Carrying weapons b/c the gun buster stickers don't apply to OC. OC isn't regulated.... Listen to him say it.

How about a OC deposit? Some Saturday in Columbus, say maybe 10 or 15 guys all enter banks at the same time to make deposits. Would this be a good way to educate the public or get OC regulated? ....Shall not be infringed!

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Cleveland is correct that gun buster signs don't effect open carry. There is only five places that you, the citizen, can't open carry. A jail/holding cell, state mental hospital, school, court house (federal or state), police station (only because it has a holding cell). HMO

Founder's Club Member
    Don't neglect places with a Class D license, which serve alcohol for on-site consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Don't neglect places with a Class D license, which serve alcohol for on-site consumption.
    We have the same law in WI, but there's an exception (little known among the LE community) for people who get permission from the owner or manager, "for an event of limited duration". To me, that could be dinner at a restaurant or could be an evening shooting pool in a bar.
    Does OH have anything like that? Is it overruled by a CCW license?

Founder's Club Member
    I don't have the statute in front of me, but I think the only exception Ohio law allows for is for employees to carry where allowed in places serving alcohol.