• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Buster Stickers

JSlack7851

Did anyone catch the video of Cleveland vs. Ohio in the Supreme Court of the State of Ohio?

http://www.OhioChannel.org/MediaLibrary/Media.aspx?fileId=127365

The Cleveland Law director doesn't want people Openly Carrying weapons b/c the gun buster stickers don't apply to OC. OC isn't regulated.... Listen to him say it.

How about a OC deposit? Some Saturday in Columbus, say maybe 10 or 15 guys all enter banks at the same time to make deposits. Would this be a good way to educate the public or get OC regulated? ....Shall not be infringed!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Cleveland is correct that gun buster signs don't effect open carry. There is only five places that you, the citizen, can't open carry. A jail/holding cell, state mental hospital, school, court house (federal or state), police station (only because it has a holding cell). HMO

MKEgal

Don't neglect places with a Class D license, which serve alcohol for on-site consumption.

We have the same law in WI, but there's an exception (little known among the LE community) for people who get permission from the owner or manager, "for an event of limited duration". To me, that could be dinner at a restaurant or could be an evening shooting pool in a bar.
Does OH have anything like that? Is it overruled by a CCW license?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I don't have the statute in front of me, but I think the only exception Ohio law allows for is for employees to carry where allowed in places serving alcohol.