• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Emergency Gun Rights Survey

eye95

No. It is not a survey. It is a solicitation for donations disguised as a survey.

I despise organizations who think that I am so stupid as to fall for such an obvious ploy. It is tempting to answer every question the exact opposite of how these manipulators want me to.

On the question asking whether the NRA should take the lead, I'd answer no in any event.

OPS MARINE

All I did was answer the questions and then say "no" to the donation portion. I didn't really think about it before posting it here...just thought it would help with the situation regarding the laws. Will read it more carefully next time.

eye95

Do you really think the results of this survey mean anything? Those results will not be widely published. If they were, they'd be laughed at. Clearly, the poll is targeting the folks who would give the "right" answers (and is really designed just to raise money).

Shame on the NRA and shame on anyone who is suckered into believing this poll has any substance.

DCKilla

From question number 5, "...provide mandatory jail time for convicted violent felons and drug dealers who carry guns?"

This is one of two questions that I actually had to think about (the other was 4). Why release convicted criminals if you can't trust them with firearms?

Last edited:

AZkopper

Eyes is right, this is just a boiler-plate generic quiz used for the purpose of saying "we're working for YOU!! Now give us money".

The quiz is so generic, and non-nuanced, as to be worthless. Anyone logging on to the nrahq site is more than likely going to be pro-gun/anti-crime.

eye95

From question number 5, "...provide mandatory jail time for convicted violent felons and drug dealers who carry guns?"

This is one of two questions that I actually had to think about (the other was 4). Why release convicted criminals if you can't trust them with firearms?

Because their sentences to confinement are up, and the State is no longer allowed to hold them. The amount of time a felon spends is jail is not related at all to when he is or is not trusted.

HeroHog

Done and done. AGAIN. The 1st time through it wanted me to join or decline to join as the final question. I am already a member I declined to join (again). That phrasing/question perturbed me a bit I must say. I am glad to see it changed.