Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 10/16 @ 9 AM - Westbury Deli Cafe (new time!!)

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 10/16 @ 9 AM - Westbury Deli Cafe (new time!!)

Westbury Deli Cafe
    8903 Three Chopt Road
    Richmond, VA 23229
    Phone: 282-7141

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Ri...eocode=ADDRESS

We're going to have breakfast at a new, earlier time. Be sure to check your alarm clocks.

No after-party has been scheduled, but there is still time to come up with something for those that want to fill their day.

stay safe.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

In the Westbury Pharmacy

For those that don't know, the Deli Cafe is inside (on the left) of the Westbury Pharmacy in the small strip shopping center at the intersection of Three Chop Rd & Eastridge Rd. Note that Eastridge Rd is only one block long - when it crosses Parham Rd. it is Quioccasin Rd.

Good on Skid for thinking of this, all by himself too. The food is very good there and they are quite "friendly."

Westbury Pharmacy

8903 Three Chopt Rd
    ..............Get directions
    Richmond, VA 23229-4614
    (804) 285-3428

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    For those that don't know, the Deli Cafe is inside (on the left) of the Westbury Pharmacy in the small strip shopping center at the intersection of Three Chop Rd & Eastridge Rd. Note that Eastridge Rd is only one block long - when it crosses Parham Rd. it is Quioccasin Rd.

Good on Skid for thinking of this, all by himself too. The food is very good there and they are quite "friendly."

Westbury Pharmacy

8903 Three Chopt Rd
    ..............Get directions
    Richmond, VA 23229-4614
    (804) 285-3428

Sorry I missed it again. I decided as long as I was in town I'd better go to the flea market at Bellwood and get a framing gun . Mine is on it's last legs. I picked up two for $60.00 from the Mexican tool vendor there. Heaven only knows where he gets all the tools but I was happy to get lightly used, fully functioning name brands...cheap.

Still buying your guns from private vendor I see.

Your absence has been duly noted, though you didn't miss a thing this morning unless you like brown, plastic edged fried eggs and don't mind getting your own cream for your coffee.

Conversation both inside and out was excellent - nobody cringed or ducked and the weather was pleasant, if a bit windy.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Your absence has been duly noted,
    I hope it wasn't about being more antisocial than normal. I really am swamped. I am selling part rights to the new film that's still in the production phase for a good fee,(I'm uploading part A to one of the composers for him to sign off on the Copyright License now), still farming and building phase three on the barn and spending more time with the VDOF wording than I'd like plus a few other pet legislative projects. AND, I got a new toy that keeps calling to be ridden
    Not to mention it's the beginning of hunting season.
    Last edited by peter nap; 10-16-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I hope it wasn't about being more antisocial than normal. I really am swamped. I am selling part rights to the new film that's still in the production phase for a good fee,(I'm uploading part A to one of the composers for him to sign off on the Copyright License now), still farming and building phase three on the barn and spending more time with the VDOF wording than I'd like plus a few other pet legislative projects. AND, I got a new toy that keeps calling to be ridden
    Not to mention it's the beginning of hunting season.
    Busy is good and no, no more than I would expect.

State agencies are the bane of us all.

We have a bit if catching up to do one day soon.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Love the location choice! Maybe I can actually make it to one of these things.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Love the location choice! Maybe I can actually make it to one of these things.
    If there's a place you would like to meet us at, or have us meet you at, let us know. There are at least 4 Saturdays to every month, and except for holidays and special occassions we meet up to have breakfast and conversation on each of them.

Our informal goal is to find a place where at least a few folks can sit together and chit-chat while both the hoi and poloi admire our hardware. The only rule seems to be that you should not get any body part between us and that first cup of coffee - dire consequences involving the need for bandaids, tourniquets and replacement waitstaff have been reported previously.

And for you folks that for whatever reason find the time or location inconvenient - we are not the only game in town and have not copyrighted the concept. If you want to form another Breakfast Club feel free to go for it. Just be prepared for the possibility that we might show up.

stay safe.