• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin ruling affirms SAF's McDonald victory

Dave Workman

Wisconsin ruling affirms importance of SAF’s McDonald case

"This brings us around to Washington State, and a subject that creates considerable debate in the firearms community. “Constitutional Carry” (which this column discussed here) may one day come to the Evergreen State, quite possibly because of cases in which overzealous police and prosecutors down in Clark County go after open carriers under RCW 9.41.270(1)..."

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...ing-affirms-importance-of-saf-s-mcdonald-case

Or try:

http://tinyurl.com/2brhnaf

Bill Starks

State Researcher
While there is an active open carry movement here, many other armed citizens aren’t too keen on the practice. Once the activists figure out they are all in the same boat, they can then concentrate on changing the statute.

+1

Concealed carriers say that Open Carriers are not helping gun carry rights, however I seem to remember the same comments being said in Arizona during an Obama visit and we see how bad that turned out for them..... Arizona now has constitutional carry.

amlevin

+1

Concealed carriers say that Open Carriers are not helping gun carry rights, however I seem to remember the same comments being said in Arizona during an Obama visit and we see how bad that turned out for them..... Arizona now has constitutional carry.

People need to learn that if you aren't willing to defend other's rights, who will be there when they come for your rights?

If people who carry concealed don't care for Open Carry, then don't Open Carry. Until the entire community of gun owners puts aside their petty differences, and unites in opposition to those who would take away the right to carry, we will be "nibbled to death" by regulation.

Some examples beyond those who feel Open Carry casts a bad light on carrying guns are those who are avid hunters yet are very vocal in their opposition to "those damn black rifles". Ditto for those that think any practice on a range should be limited to 25 yard pistol targets, bullseye only, and no rapid fire. Anyone here ever been attacked or assaulted by a 3" black dot???

This Judge's ruling was another 'brick' removed from the anti-gun movements tower. Enough of these rulings and the whole mess they have assembled over the years will come tumbling down.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Concealed carry advocates may be being unfairly broad-brushed here.

Concealed carry advocates may be being unfairly broad-brushed here.

Advocates for 'Constitutional Carry', carry without the state's indulgence, are on the right track. Advocates of permitted carry of any sort are wrong and victims of the wholesale of state indulgences industry.

heresolong

Interestingly enough the Shultz case, on which the decision and the article are based, revolved around the concealed carry of a knife! This extends the Second Amendment argument, which has for years been a discussion of firearms ownership, back to "weapons", where it should have always been.

HK_dave

anyone who's carried long enough will know the license used to say "concealed weapons", allowing the carry of knives longer than 6". i think they changed it around 15 years ago?

amlevin

anyone who's carried long enough will know the license used to say "concealed weapons", allowing the carry of knives longer than 6". i think they changed it around 15 years ago?

I can remember when the "Permits" were typed by the Clerk at the agency were you applied and it consisted of an 8-1/2" X 11" piece of paper. Was a bitch to get in your wallet, but I digress.

As far as I know, the knife laws are all over the place in Washington.

sudden valley gunner

Interestingly enough the Shultz case, on which the decision and the article are based, revolved around the concealed carry of a knife! This extends the Second Amendment argument, which has for years been a discussion of firearms ownership, back to "weapons", where it should have always been.

+1