Thread: Um, does anyone know why my post was deleted??

Um, does anyone know why my post was deleted??

Did I miss something about the MSP open carry deal?

The site owners do not like unconfirmed sources... the item you posted seemed fishy in fact it is being investigated. Now this is not specifically a reflection on you but it is better to not have such a document posted here until it is confirmed where it comes from and who is the authority behind it.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Never hurts to reread the forum rules occasionally.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Wow

You'd think that they would let a brother know via pm or something. I labeled it as possibly inacurate...
    It was from a local PD. I have more info that I don't want to post but would convey one on one if asked. Can't be investigated too much without all of the info can it? Just asking.

i forwarded it to the state police to verify the document. which police department did you get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    i forwarded it to the state police to verify the document. which police department did you get it from?
    That is what I did as well.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I think it's best for all involved if it's discussed as little as possible publicly. It was a fake, we're all good with that. Let's move on and let the police investigate if and as they see fit.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

if you are referring to that MSP legal update, here is the place to verify those.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...s_185809_7.pdf

Note in the list there is no update on October 12, 2010 in that list. Now could it be fake? yes! Could it be they have not added it to that list yet? Very possible as they are slow at updating their web sites in Michigan. But until it is on the list we might as well assume it as suspicious in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by EDA50 View Post
    Did I miss something about the MSP open carry deal?
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 10-18-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

I purposely reported this as a bad post to be deleted until we can absolutely 100% verify that is in fact a MSP update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but if there's any question whatsoever that the document could have been falsified then it is only going to hurt the cause and nothing good can come from it, regardless if all of the information is true or not. If the document turns out to be true, this document will be the holy grail; and I'll definitely add it to the OCGP post. Until we can have verifiable proof of that though, we need to play it on the safe side. A falsified document will only hurt the open carry community.
    Last edited by malignity; 10-16-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Smile Good or Bad?

Let's say it's true,how bad is it for us? I know any new laws almost always chip away our rights.I agree it should be confirm before posting....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmun43 View Post
    Let's say it's true,how bad is it for us? I know any new laws almost always chip away our rights.I agree it should be confirm before posting....
    The document in question is not a new law, rather it puts many of the relevant oc laws together on a single official document that is then distributed or at least made available to every police dept in the state

Assuming it was a real legal update and not a fake.

We know the document is not official. Either it is fake or it is a draft version of the real thing. My gut says fake.
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 10-18-2010 at 08:07 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Well it is NOT in the link I provided which is the official site where the legal updates are posted by the Michigan State Police and until we see it there we need to doubt it.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...s_185809_7.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    The document in question is not a new law, rather it puts many of the relevant oc laws together on a single official document that is then distributed or at least made available to every police dept in the state

Assuming it was a real legal update and not a fake.

We know the document is not official. Either it is fake or it is a draft version of the real thing. My gut says fake.
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 10-18-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

as far as it goes, everything in the questionable document was factual. i am no legal beagle, but as far as i could tell everything was spot on. presented correctly, with no bias one way or the other. the LAW plain as could be. "IF" this came from the state police then it would be as near to perfect as it could get.

the fact that it was so perfect, lent me to believe that it was false. if its to good to be true, it probably is.

once i noticed that, i pulled up other legal updates and saw very clearly that it didn't pas muster. i believe it was autosurgeon that did the computer wizard stuff and found out the "metas" were all wrong.

i didn't forward the document to the state police to get anyone in trouble, i just believed that the only way to actually prove or disprove the "document" was to ask the author.

and CYA is a skill we all need, we all know that anyone can get a screen name and post anything. we do, as a group, a VERY good job of policing ourselves. we need to hold ourselves and each other to a much higher standard because we as a group represent a very divisive issue. one poorly stated fact, one bad remark, and channel 99 has on the evening news OC"ER SPOUTING HATE or some such nonsense.

watch what you post, demand "cites" ask for "proof" demand verification, and demand a higher standard. we can do no less for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    as far as it goes, everything in the questionable document was factual. i am no legal beagle, but as far as i could tell everything was spot on. presented correctly, with no bias one way or the other. the LAW plain as could be. "IF" this came from the state police then it would be as near to perfect as it could get.

the fact that it was so perfect, lent me to believe that it was false. if its to good to be true, it probably is.

once i noticed that, i pulled up other legal updates and saw very clearly that it didn't pas muster. i believe it was autosurgeon that did the computer wizard stuff and found out the "metas" were all wrong.

i didn't forward the document to the state police to get anyone in trouble, i just believed that the only way to actually prove or disprove the "document" was to ask the author.

and CYA is a skill we all need, we all know that anyone can get a screen name and post anything. we do, as a group, a VERY good job of policing ourselves. we need to hold ourselves and each other to a much higher standard because we as a group represent a very divisive issue. one poorly stated fact, one bad remark, and channel 99 has on the evening news OC"ER SPOUTING HATE or some such nonsense.

watch what you post, demand "cites" ask for "proof" demand verification, and demand a higher standard. we can do no less for each other.
    Trust, but verify!

I have posted a new thread confirming the validity of the document in question. However it was a Draft as I suspected it might be. I don't think it was supposed to be released yet