• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Um, does anyone know why my post was deleted??

autosurgeon

The site owners do not like unconfirmed sources... the item you posted seemed fishy in fact it is being investigated. Now this is not specifically a reflection on you but it is better to not have such a document posted here until it is confirmed where it comes from and who is the authority behind it.

EDA50

Wow

You'd think that they would let a brother know via pm or something. I labeled it as possibly inacurate...
It was from a local PD. I have more info that I don't want to post but would convey one on one if asked. Can't be investigated too much without all of the info can it? Just asking.

TheQ

I think it's best for all involved if it's discussed as little as possible publicly. It was a fake, we're all good with that. Let's move on and let the police investigate if and as they see fit.

Bailenforcer

if you are referring to that MSP legal update, here is the place to verify those.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Legal_Updates_185809_7.pdf

Note in the list there is no update on October 12, 2010 in that list. Now could it be fake? yes! Could it be they have not added it to that list yet? Very possible as they are slow at updating their web sites in Michigan. But until it is on the list we might as well assume it as suspicious in the least.

Did I miss something about the MSP open carry deal?

Last edited:

malignity

I purposely reported this as a bad post to be deleted until we can absolutely 100% verify that is in fact a MSP update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but if there's any question whatsoever that the document could have been falsified then it is only going to hurt the cause and nothing good can come from it, regardless if all of the information is true or not. If the document turns out to be true, this document will be the holy grail; and I'll definitely add it to the OCGP post. Until we can have verifiable proof of that though, we need to play it on the safe side. A falsified document will only hurt the open carry community.

Last edited:

shadowmun43

Good or Bad?

Let's say it's true,how bad is it for us? I know any new laws almost always chip away our rights.I agree it should be confirm before posting....

lapeer20m

Let's say it's true,how bad is it for us? I know any new laws almost always chip away our rights.I agree it should be confirm before posting....

The document in question is not a new law, rather it puts many of the relevant oc laws together on a single official document that is then distributed or at least made available to every police dept in the state

Assuming it was a real legal update and not a fake.

We know the document is not official. Either it is fake or it is a draft version of the real thing. My gut says fake.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Well it is NOT in the link I provided which is the official site where the legal updates are posted by the Michigan State Police and until we see it there we need to doubt it.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Legal_Updates_185809_7.pdf

The document in question is not a new law, rather it puts many of the relevant oc laws together on a single official document that is then distributed or at least made available to every police dept in the state

Assuming it was a real legal update and not a fake.

We know the document is not official. Either it is fake or it is a draft version of the real thing. My gut says fake.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

as far as it goes, everything in the questionable document was factual. i am no legal beagle, but as far as i could tell everything was spot on. presented correctly, with no bias one way or the other. the LAW plain as could be. "IF" this came from the state police then it would be as near to perfect as it could get.

the fact that it was so perfect, lent me to believe that it was false. if its to good to be true, it probably is.

once i noticed that, i pulled up other legal updates and saw very clearly that it didn't pas muster. i believe it was autosurgeon that did the computer wizard stuff and found out the "metas" were all wrong.

i didn't forward the document to the state police to get anyone in trouble, i just believed that the only way to actually prove or disprove the "document" was to ask the author.

and CYA is a skill we all need, we all know that anyone can get a screen name and post anything. we do, as a group, a VERY good job of policing ourselves. we need to hold ourselves and each other to a much higher standard because we as a group represent a very divisive issue. one poorly stated fact, one bad remark, and channel 99 has on the evening news OC"ER SPOUTING HATE or some such nonsense.

watch what you post, demand "cites" ask for "proof" demand verification, and demand a higher standard. we can do no less for each other.

PDinDetroit

as far as it goes, everything in the questionable document was factual. i am no legal beagle, but as far as i could tell everything was spot on. presented correctly, with no bias one way or the other. the LAW plain as could be. "IF" this came from the state police then it would be as near to perfect as it could get.

the fact that it was so perfect, lent me to believe that it was false. if its to good to be true, it probably is.

once i noticed that, i pulled up other legal updates and saw very clearly that it didn't pas muster. i believe it was autosurgeon that did the computer wizard stuff and found out the "metas" were all wrong.

i didn't forward the document to the state police to get anyone in trouble, i just believed that the only way to actually prove or disprove the "document" was to ask the author.

and CYA is a skill we all need, we all know that anyone can get a screen name and post anything. we do, as a group, a VERY good job of policing ourselves. we need to hold ourselves and each other to a much higher standard because we as a group represent a very divisive issue. one poorly stated fact, one bad remark, and channel 99 has on the evening news OC"ER SPOUTING HATE or some such nonsense.

watch what you post, demand "cites" ask for "proof" demand verification, and demand a higher standard. we can do no less for each other.

Trust, but verify!