• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater KC area. Pro-active activism.

ChiangShih

Just a thought for people within the Kansas City area (Kansas side too). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a monthy or bi-monthly get together. Do you guys think we would have enough people to attend to make it a regular thing? If we met at a starbucks at the plaza or some other high traffic area for community activism reasons. I've seen a couple other groups on here and other carry forums that do similar things to integrate the community and to be seen on a regular basis. I'm just unsure if we would have the commitment or participation to do so. This is still just a thought in process for me, so what do you guys think? Location ideas, monthly date ideas, etc.

Jim40Cal

I would be up for it most times. I have a couple children envolved in Special Olympics so sometimes it's hard for me to get away. Maybe start out with once a month and if all goes well we can discuss maybe bi-weekly? Just my 2cents.

ChiangShih

I agree, monthly just to see if people would actually turn out, but bi-weekly people may be able to come that couldn't on the other day. However, seeing as we have 33 views and only 1 other response I'm not sure how popular the idea is.

sohighlyunlikely

Just a thought for people within the Kansas City area (Kansas side too). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a monthy or bi-monthly get together. Do you guys think we would have enough people to attend to make it a regular thing? If we met at a Starbucks at the plaza or some other high traffic area for community activism reasons. I've seen a couple other groups on here and other carry forums that do similar things to integrate the community and to be seen on a regular basis. I'm just unsure if we would have the commitment or participation to do so. This is still just a thought in process for me, so what do you guys think? Location ideas, monthly date ideas, etc.

Just pick a time and a place that is receptive to your OC. Post it here and let all that want to come do so. Even if no one shows. Enjoy your coffee hang out and reed the paper for an hour and go about your day. It's really a no loose situation. That is what I did and here is how it went.

[video=youtube;SBiOXdKENX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBiOXdKENX4[/video]

ChiangShih

Alright, so how about the first saturday of the month for everyone? If that's good we need a time of day.

Last edited:

ChiangShih

Later evening would be best for me. Between 5-7 pm would be idea. What would work best for everyone else?

randyj

just a bit earlier

I work nights on Saturday...so just a touch earlier for me would be perfect...say around 3pm to 5pm..BUT, I can make it around 5pm....I just wouldn't be able to stay as long.

goalseter88

i be up for coming for weekend meet, since i from springfield, that 2 to 3 hour drive up and back is not an option due to work on weekdays:p. Heck, put it at 3pm at the first saterday of each month, i go do my IDPA match, then drive up to that afterwards

ChiangShih

Cool, so how about 4:00/4:30, first saturdays?(3 would be a bit too early for me) If that is good with everyone then,

Starbucks Coffee on the plaza in KC on the 6th at 4:00, we'll see how it turns out and if we can't make a regular thing out of it.