• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater KC area pro-activism.

ChiangShih

Repost from the Missouri side:

Just a thought for people within the Kansas City area (Kansas side too). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a monthy or bi-monthly get together. Do you guys think we would have enough people to attend to make it a regular thing? If we met at a starbucks at the plaza or some other high traffic area for community activism reasons. I've seen a couple other groups on here and other carry forums that do similar things to integrate the community and to be seen on a regular basis. I'm just unsure if we would have the commitment or participation to do so. This is still just a thought in process for me, so what do you guys think? Location ideas, monthly date ideas, etc.

ChiangShih

Saturday, Nov. 6, 4:00pm @ the Starbucks at the Country Club Plaza if anyone is interested.

marine0300

ChiangShih,

Thank you for your activism!! I admire your passion.

I live in Topeka and we regularly meet & open carry at Starbucks. Maybe one of these days I can get over to Lee's Summit to OC!

God Bless!

K

KansasScout

I caught the TV coverage and it was fairly neutral. Not particularly hostile at all and they presented the event fairly even handedly.
I hoped to see a report of how it went from those who were there. The Plaza is a horse of a different color and I thought maybe the Plaza Patrol might cause a problem. What was the LE response if any?