Thread: Soldier Open Carry On Base

Soldier Open Carry On Base

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

I have to question that story. The guy in the video said his friend used a Ga. statute that state military can carry a weapon. Since when do the laws of a state carry over onto a military base? I am not convinced that this actually happened.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Don't know about now but a 100 years ago when I was on active duty military bases were considered federal enclaves. Bases followed state law except where they conflicted with federal law then federal laws and military rule superseded state law. State law may allow open carry but on a military base the authority for open carry lies with the base commander.

OC

You can cite what ever you want, but the MP's are going to take you down. I wish I could OC on base, but I want to retire with pay and benefits. (Army Ft. Lewis WA)
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    +1000!
    i take it your in the navy right?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Grump View Post
    Don't know about now but a 100 years ago when I was on active duty military bases were considered federal enclaves. Bases followed state law except where they conflicted with federal law then federal laws and military rule superseded state law. State law may allow open carry but on a military base the authority for open carry lies with the base commander.
    I'll take the category, "Forum comments that are correct" for $1000, Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    What was your first clue?

1984-1988 Enlisted Wyoming/Kansas Army National Guard - supply clerk/armorer - up to E-4
    1988-2001 Enlisted US Navy - submarines, nuclear machinist mate - up to E-6
    2001- Officer US Navy - aviation maintenance - up to O-4 next year. Probably retire in 2014 with 30 years.
    Aviation Maintenance and stationed up at Whidbey. My son is an AME3 up there, and is currently out on the Bush, which should tell you which squadron he is in. Thus my Avatar. I've spent a bit of time on the base up there over the last 3 years.

Interesting and unique career path you have followed.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Quote Originally Posted by n15wb View Post
    Interesting and unique career path you have followed.
    +1 ain't you a little tall to be on submarines LT? And how does one segue from machining plutonium to fixing airplanes?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

It was tough... especially when one of the very first things I saw as an aviation maintenance officer was airframers cutting up soda cans to use the aluminum as shims on the airplane!
    If that is the worst you saw then you got off to a good start. I won't even go into details of what I saw being done on commercial aircraft.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

soda cans actually have a very consistent thickness. good shim stock material

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Mentioned topic at 4 minutes in. Hearsay at this point. No proof at all.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

It was tough... especially when one of the very first things I saw as an aviation maintenance officer was airframers cutting up soda cans to use the aluminum as shims on the airplane!
    Aw c'mon, what's wrong with a lil redneck engineering?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.