• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

felt weird cc'ing

nate0486

I have been mostly oc'ing since I have found this web site. The other day I was running into best buy to grab a few things and cc'ed.(not really sure why) I felt myself being more uncomfortable with cc than I do with oc. I was kinda strange for me so I thought i would share. I oc all the time but dont really post in experiences anymore because there is nothing really exciting that happens.

Bailenforcer

LOL

I do both depending on whether I want to be left alone and unnoticed. I am not one for lots of attention and I like my anonymity more than I like attention. So I OC/CC about 50/50. I can understand the feeling, as sometimes I debate with myself if it's going to be an OC or CC trip.

I have been mostly oc'ing since I have found this web site. The other day I was running into best buy to grab a few things and cc'ed.(not really sure why) I felt myself being more uncomfortable with cc than I do with oc. I was kinda strange for me so I thought i would share. I oc all the time but dont really post in experiences anymore because there is nothing really exciting that happens.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
LOL

I do both depending on whether I want to be left alone and unnoticed. I am not one for lots of attention and I like my anonymity more than I like attention. So I OC/CC about 50/50. I can understand the feeling, as sometimes I debate with myself if it's going to be an OC or CC trip.

As should be the case for ANY legal firearm owner; hope someday we can have "constitutional carry" in Michigan.

stainless1911

Banned
I know the feeling, I had to CC for about 5 minutes the other day in the trailer park office, and I did not like it one little bit. I had to tie a flannel by the sleeves around my waist because I carry in a leg drop.

Michigander

After a while, it can take a toll on you getting disapproving stares, same as it can take a toll on you cramming a handgun under your clothes. Just today I was in a restaurant OCing, and a family quietly decided to leave. I was in nice business casual type clothes, but my hair was a bit odd looking from having glasses in them, which may have contributed, and of course it's possible the family was just abnormally gun phobic. I had no good chance to engage them in conversation, they just left. I kept OCing for most of the visit, but put a jacket on while going to my car to grab something to show the person I was eating with. Not that it was the right or wrong thing to do, just that after over a thousand hours of urban open carry, I didn't feel like being an iconoclast at that moment.

Offending people is the sort of thing that can't always be helped, and you have to factor in every conceivable good vs bad when deciding how and even if to carry. But a lot of it boils down to mood. The totality of the circumstances and the totality of your experiences will decide how you feel about mode of carry. It's nothing more of less than a personal preference issue with artificial input from various laws and private property rules.

Bronson

and of course it's possible the family was just abnormally gun phobic.

It's also possible that one of them wasn't feeling well, or that they had received terrible service and food and decided to leave.

I've noticed on these forums that everybody seems to assume that other peoples actions are re-actions to the OCer. One thing I've learned over the years is that in the vast majority of instances (not just about OC) where I thought it was about me, it ended up not being remotely about me. This has become my default setting. Until I know for certain that somebody's action is a re-action to me I'll assume it has nothing to do with me.

Bronson

Bailenforcer

You mentioned a little of offending people.

Once many moons ago to offend meant to do something lewd nasty, or generally offensive to the sensibilities of a moral public at large. Today offending is having rights that others wish I didn't have? Where exactly did the train derail?

We have become a nation of cowards, offended at the sight of real men because we no longer as a nation wish to take that responsibility to be men. Today a man has morphed from one who takes the constitution seriously, has morals, and is unapologetic about such, into idiots who posture, run their mouths, and act like fools.

I don't give a Tinker's Dam about who I offend. I am dead tired of cry baby men who can't set their wives and children straight on what being a citizen and a man is.

If the are so offended then they need to move to Iran or a host of other countries where only the despots have guns. In a FREE country we do what we will, and those who pretend to be offended don't. But to control me because they have some inane view of freedom based on NOTHING but their imaginations and fantasies, is not freedom it is in fact tyranny.

Even on this site I see a number of people always trying to find a way to be politically correct or UBER sensitive to the FEELINGS of those who would have us jailed or killed if they got their way. I used to travel in those circles and if anyone thinks the hard core left is not beyond having us imprisoned for expressing our rights (if they could or had power to do so) then they need to get a clue.

We are at war in this country, it is a war on freedom, and we are loosing it despite all the grandiose predictions that some day it will get better. Those who hate freedom and our rights will never go away, or quit, yet many of us do. They have a religious fervor for oppression.

I am reminded back in the late 1970's I was reading about some Russian women who escaped the U.S.S.R. and were saddened by being here in the U.S.A., they complained that in Russia they only needed to make one choice in the store for butter, and in the USA it was too complicated trying to decide which brand to use. They said they liked it better when they were told what to buy, think and do.

We are becoming as a nation not unlike those Russian women.

If my carry of a gun or any other freedoms I have offends someone then too damn bad, as they offend me being so ignorant and spoiling my day with their stupidity.

I am unapologetic.

After a while, it can take a toll on you getting disapproving stares, same as it can take a toll on you cramming a handgun under your clothes. Just today I was in a restaurant OCing, and a family quietly decided to leave. I was in nice business casual type clothes, but my hair was a bit odd looking from having glasses in them, which may have contributed, and of course it's possible the family was just abnormally gun phobic. I had no good chance to engage them in conversation, they just left. I kept OCing for most of the visit, but put a jacket on while going to my car to grab something to show the person I was eating with. Not that it was the right or wrong thing to do, just that after over a thousand hours of urban open carry, I didn't feel like being an iconoclast at that moment.

Offending people is the sort of thing that can't always be helped, and you have to factor in every conceivable good vs bad when deciding how and even if to carry. But a lot of it boils down to mood. The totality of the circumstances and the totality of your experiences will decide how you feel about mode of carry. It's nothing more of less than a personal preference issue with artificial input from various laws and private property rules.

Last edited:

Michigander

If my carry of a gun or any other freedoms I have offends someone then too damn bad, as they offend me being so ignorant and spoiling my day with their stupidity.

I am unapologetic.

I generally agree, and carry accordingly. But sometimes I'm not in the mood.

The point is that it's an individual decision, and being as it's a free country, at least in name, there should be no right or wrong strategies.

Wglide90

I CC'd yesterday as well and felt the very same way. It was weird and I was incomfortable not OC'g. I had to go to Top Gun since i was that way, to chck out some holsters and I know they are not OC friendly. So I had put on a shirt that covered the M&P. I did this in gibralter as well and people there are used to seing me OC and wondered why i was CC now.

A year ago the situation the opposite, I was worried about OCg, now it is so normal, that I feel weird by CCg.

So I know how you feel.

Bailenforcer

And I concur!

No one should tell anyone how to express their rights, short of those rights impinging on another.

Your post hit a nerve all be it unintentional. I grow weary of the excuses people demand of me to exercise my GOD granted rights.

I carry as I decide and that's my personal business. There are even some on this site who try to brow beat people into open only carry. They fall into the same category as those who demand I not carry. Neither can guarantee my safety thus neither can make that decision for me. I make my decisions to carry when and how I wish based on my knowledge of my situation and my past history as an Investigator. Sometimes CC is proper and needed. Everyone has a different situation and maybe others can go without, or carry only open, for me it is a case by case basis.

I generally agree, and carry accordingly. But sometimes I'm not in the mood.

The point is that it's an individual decision, and being as it's a free country, at least in name, there should be no right or wrong strategies.

stainless1911

Banned
You mentioned a little of offending people.

Once many moons ago to offend meant to do something lewd nasty, or generally offensive to the sensibilities of a moral public at large. Today offending is having rights that others wish I didn't have? Where exactly did the train derail?

We have become a nation of cowards, offended at the sight of real men because we no longer as a nation wish to take that responsibility to be men. Today a man has morphed from one who takes the constitution seriously, has morals, and is unapologetic about such, into idiots who posture, run their mouths, and act like fools.

I don't give a Tinker's Dam about who I offend. I am dead tired of cry baby men who can't set their wives and children straight on what being a citizen and a man is.

If the are so offended then they need to move to Iran or a host of other countries where only the despots have guns. In a FREE country we do what we will, and those who pretend to be offended don't. But to control me because they have some inane view of freedom based on NOTHING but their imaginations and fantasies, is not freedom it is in fact tyranny.

Even on this site I see a number of people always trying to find a way to be politically correct or UBER sensitive to the FEELINGS of those who would have us jailed or killed if they got their way. I used to travel in those circles and if anyone thinks the hard core left is not beyond having us imprisoned for expressing our rights (if they could or had power to do so) then they need to get a clue.

We are at war in this country, it is a war on freedom, and we are loosing it despite all the grandiose predictions that some day it will get better. Those who hate freedom and our rights will never go away, or quit, yet many of us do. They have a religious fervor for oppression.

I am reminded back in the late 1970's I was reading about some Russian women who escaped the U.S.S.R. and were saddened by being here in the U.S.A., they complained that in Russia they only needed to make one choice in the store for butter, and in the USA it was too complicated trying to decide which brand to use. They said they liked it better when they were told what to buy, think and do.

We are becoming as a nation not unlike those Russian women.

I am unapologetic.

Tell it sir, tell it. +1,000

Onnie

I CC'd yesterday as well and felt the very same way. It was weird and I was incomfortable not OC'g. I had to go to Top Gun since i was that way, to chck out some holsters and I know they are not OC friendly. So I had put on a shirt that covered the M&P. I did this in gibralter as well and people there are used to seing me OC and wondered why i was CC now.

A year ago the situation the opposite, I was worried about OCg, now it is so normal, that I feel weird by CCg.

So I know how you feel.

I was in Top Gun last week and had a conversation with them! They will let you CC but not OC. When I asked why said it was a SAFETY ISSUE. I said to the guy, you are OCing, his only response was "I work here". Bet they will take my $$$ for a new gun without blinking a eye!

Bailenforcer

I am not familiar with Top Gun. But people need to write old fashioned letters of dissatisfaction with their rules. Explain nicely that you came there to buy something and when you realized they did not honor your rights, you decided to take those rights with wallet attached and go to their nearest competitor.

It's a matter of simple Psychology really.

1. they just lost a sale and this is lost income.

2. They just lost a customer which means lost future income, for many years.

3. They just saw their competitor gain a foothold on removing them from the competition.

This sends a message to the owner of that business that he is literally guaranteeing his own destruction with what he may now see as a foolish decision. And if he is such a fool that he can't see this fact then he deserves to be ran out of business. I am willing to bet the day his rights are violated he won't be as silent as the many in here are. Yes it takes effort but my rights are worth that effort, and better I write a letter or make a telephone call or many than fight a civil war to get those rights back.

I was in Top Gun last week and had a conversation with them! They will let you CC but not OC. When I asked why said it was a SAFETY ISSUE. I said to the guy, you are OCing, his only response was "I work here". Bet they will take my $$$ for a new gun without blinking a eye!

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

There are other gun stores that are the same way (Double Action is one). OC is OK for me and my employees, but not OK for you.

My response: My money is OK with me and businesses that support my rights, but not OK with you.

I absolutely agree with the actions bailenforcer suggests, although it appears that most of these people are unreachable. It is still worth the effort, you may be the one person that changes their mind!

Now, Target Sports gets my business since the support my rights!

Last edited: