• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

felt weird cc'ing

Michigander

I still find it amazing that we can OC in that bastion of neo-hippiedom, Starbuck's, but not in some gun stores.

Bronson

Political and social slants of customers at Starbucks I've found is strictly varied by location. If you want to encounter stuck up conservative business people, you can go to Birmingham or Troy Starbucks. If you want hippies, you can go to the Royal Oak Starbucks. If you want college students who are getting buzzed on coffee to study, who have all forms of political beliefs, you can go to a Starbucks in or around almost any college in the US.

I think all are united in a capitolistic effort to earn ever more money, which is probably why they chose to bring in a portion of the public which lawfully carries guns. I think they run a really good business. They have to since they sell coffee at the industries highest prices.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I was in Top Gun last week and had a conversation with them! They will let you CC but not OC. When I asked why said it was a SAFETY ISSUE. I said to the guy, you are OCing, his only response was "I work here". Bet they will take my $$$ for a new gun without blinking a eye!

It is a "safety issue"... they are negatively effecting my safety so they appear to be saying they don't give a d*m* about customer safety. That's MY issue.