Thread: Tennessee jailer shoots friend

Banned

Tennessee jailer shoots friend

Story

Lowry, jailer in Knox County and one of the few "professional enough" to carry a handgun in jail shot his friend. It was probably a glock .40 too. Lowry has a Tennessee handgun carry permit. I wonder if the Department of Safety is going to suspend the permit? If they suspended mine for nothing, they should suspend his for shooting someone...

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Yep, it was a .40

I don't know if the pulled his permit, but he will never have a job where he gets to carry. Doesn't help us when he's off-duty, but maybe he'll get his day in court before he hurts someone else.

Banned
    I hate to bash guns, but the glock .40 is just a hateful piece of crap gun. It makes cops all over look bad. What did those cops do to the gun for it to treat them like this?

The DEA guy

Deputy in Idaho
    Last edited by kwikrnu; 10-17-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Off topic area of Glock - simple reason departments carry the Glock - Glock was smart in how they sell their firearms. They deep deep discount sales to police departments of any kind, and then they turn around and use this fact to sell their firearms to the general public at steeper prices. Brilliant sales strategy.

And yes, I am not a Glock Fan, as I believe any pistol you have to pull the trigger to brake down to clean is unsafe. But I digress.

Hopefully, the facts will be fully shown. And yes, if he broke the law, they will pull his permit...

(edit) it does seem a possible mental lapse or gun design may have contributed to the incident.
    Last edited by HvyMtl; 10-17-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: doesnt seem they will go to court
    Μολὼν λάβε

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HvyMtl View Post
    Hopefully, the facts will be fully shown in Court. And yes, if he broke the law, they will pull his permit...
    In Tennessee laws do not have to be broken for permits to be suspended or revoked.

yes, there is the danger clause, which does need clarification.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Banned
    yes, there is the danger clause, which does need clarification.
    It really needs no clarification. TCA 39-17-1352(a)(3) refers to 39-17-1352(e)(2) and (3). The Department of Safety has started to use it as a political tool.

Been thinking about this. I think the fellow forgot there was a round in the chamber, and had his booger finger too close to the trigger...

As I am not a Glock owner, can the Glock be fired when the magazine is not in?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Been thinking about this. I think the fellow forgot there was a round in the chamber, and had his booger finger too close to the trigger...

As I am not a Glock owner, can the Glock be fired when the magazine is not in?
    yep

Ah, user error, then. Not good. IMHO, they need to access his skill set, before allowing him to carry at work...
    Μολὼν λάβε