• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tennessee jailer shoots friend

kwikrnu

Banned
Story

Lowry, jailer in Knox County and one of the few "professional enough" to carry a handgun in jail shot his friend. It was probably a glock .40 too. Lowry has a Tennessee handgun carry permit. I wonder if the Department of Safety is going to suspend the permit? If they suspended mine for nothing, they should suspend his for shooting someone...

Brimstone Baritone

Yep, it was a .40

I don't know if the pulled his permit, but he will never have a job where he gets to carry. Doesn't help us when he's off-duty, but maybe he'll get his day in court before he hurts someone else.

HvyMtl

Off topic area of Glock - simple reason departments carry the Glock - Glock was smart in how they sell their firearms. They deep deep discount sales to police departments of any kind, and then they turn around and use this fact to sell their firearms to the general public at steeper prices. Brilliant sales strategy.

And yes, I am not a Glock Fan, as I believe any pistol you have to pull the trigger to brake down to clean is unsafe. But I digress.

Hopefully, the facts will be fully shown. And yes, if he broke the law, they will pull his permit...

(edit) it does seem a possible mental lapse or gun design may have contributed to the incident.

Last edited:

HvyMtl

Been thinking about this. I think the fellow forgot there was a round in the chamber, and had his booger finger too close to the trigger...

As I am not a Glock owner, can the Glock be fired when the magazine is not in?

tcmech

Been thinking about this. I think the fellow forgot there was a round in the chamber, and had his booger finger too close to the trigger...

As I am not a Glock owner, can the Glock be fired when the magazine is not in?

yep

HvyMtl

Ah, user error, then. Not good. IMHO, they need to access his skill set, before allowing him to carry at work...