Thread: Cracked is way too addictive...

Cracked is way too addictive...

Quote Originally Posted by ooghost1oo View Post
    Sure is. Freakin cool.

And I only read like 6 of those articles just now... :/
    The article I posted links to "TV Tropes". It's a site full of things where (re)cocking a gun is just the tip of the iceberg. Not only those annoying things that make TV and Film ridiculously unbelievable, but that have gotten so bad that it's not "realitic" unless someone sees it that horribly unrealistic. A whole subsection titled "TV is trying to kill us". I spent about two and a half hours once I clicked over.

Waaaaay back in the day, Saturday Night Live used to make fun of the "cocking" myth. I remember one skit where John Belushi racked the slid with every sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I remember one skit where John Belushi racked the slid with every sentence.
    Simpsons did one. Everyone in a room, repeatedly nodded and cocked their guns. I think it even had a guy cocking his double-barreled break action (with an obvious note that it couldn't actually slide).

One of my other pet peeves is discussed here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoisyGuns

Where in a move everytime someone points a gun, even if they don't cock it, it makes all the noise of a steam locamotive firing up.

Have fun, get lost, don't say I didn't warn you.
    Last edited by mahkagari; 10-18-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    ...everytime someone points a gun, even if they don't cock it, it makes all the noise of a steam locamotive firing up.
    LoL!

There's bound to be a few news articles out there where people are looking for a second shooter because no one heard a slide rack before someone fired.

My favorite is where you hear a slide rack when James Bond simply aims in a different direction.

Wow. He's good...

Yeah...
    Last edited by since9; 10-18-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.