• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

kwikrnu files writ of mandate against republican anti-gun sheriff

Kingfish

Well, that is not nice of the sheriff, I would like for him to give you a reason why he altered the document. Specifically, why he believes you would violate the law with a silencer?
The Sheriff did not say he thought Kwik would break the law. The sheriff wrote that he had no information Kwik would use the weapon for only lawful purposes.

HvyMtl

Well, an explanation would still be nice, considering the situation. This way Kwik would know if the Sheriff was acting in good faith on bad info, as an example as to why the alteration occurred.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
May I suggest a course of action? How about resending the form to another CLEO, and see if you can get your form 4. Bypass the sheriff, then politely let him know you have the item in question. Show his little power trip was to no avail...

The CLEO is the sheriff. There are others who can execute the form, but they are not my CLEO. I will form a trust. I am also considering a 01FFL and a class III stamp so I can sell machine guns.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
I followed up today and sent the documents to the Tennessee police chiefs association and the Tennessee sheriffs association. I plan on following up with every CLEO in the State.