• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kwikrnu lawsuit against State of Tennessee Unconstitutionality of TCA 39-17-1307

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocks

LOL - right. Well, maybe someday you'll be getting the crap kicked out of you by some folks and people strolling by will take the same attitude.

There's standing up for your rights and there's being a self-centered, grandstanding idiot who is determined to justify their actions despite the impact on others.

Brimstone Baritone

I don't have a duty to protect your rights. When I take the government to court over their infringement of my rights and lose don't blame me for losing. I tried and lost, and everyone else loses too.

You don't have a legal duty, but I would argue that you have a moral duty. I would not argue it very hard, though, because you would not be swayed and I have no duty to waste my time trying to get you to 'do the right thing'.

kwikrnu

Banned
You don't have a legal duty, but I would argue that you have a moral duty. I would not argue it very hard, though, because you would not be swayed and I have no duty to waste my time trying to get you to 'do the right thing'.

You're arguing I have a moral duty to do nothing when my rights are violated?

HvyMtl

No, he was arguing you should do something about it in a manner which benefits both yourself and others, instead of you losing, and hurting the rights of others.

If my rights were violated, I would make sure they couldn't violate the rights of others as well...
But, as you have stated, you do not care about the rights of others...

kwikrnu

Banned
No, he was arguing you should do something about it in a manner which benefits both yourself and others, instead of you losing, and hurting the rights of others.

If my rights were violated, I would make sure they couldn't violate the rights of others as well...
But, as you have stated, you do not care about the rights of others...

I bring a lawsuit for me and my rights, not you and your rights. You talk a good game. Your Second Amendment rights have been violated, what have you don to make sure "they" don't violate my rights?

ecocks

LOL - Now I understand why some of these guys phone ahead when you announce your plans. I wouldn't do it, but it is clear you are playing a game that has only yourself as a player in it with no room for anyone else.

jayspapa

Post #17 pretty well says it all. If you win it's all good for you but if you lose , oh well. That will teach those who said you shouldn't do certain things like carry an AK pistol .

As one who posted a couple times in support of you and what you were doing as being perfectly legal , I ask , is that how you truly feel about things or did it just come across wrong in the post?

Seems to me that, no matter what anyone else said against your actions , you would want to advance the cause and not hurt it.

kwikrnu

Banned
Post #17 pretty well says it all. If you win it's all good for you but if you lose , oh well. That will teach those who said you shouldn't do certain things like carry an AK pistol .

As one who posted a couple times in support of you and what you were doing as being perfectly legal , I ask , is that how you truly feel about things or did it just come across wrong in the post?

Seems to me that, no matter what anyone else said against your actions , you would want to advance the cause and not hurt it.

All I can do is what I do. If I carry an ak pistol and people complain and the state passes a law banning ak pistols is that my fault or the fault of people who complain? If I sue to force the sheriff to execute a document he is supposed to execute and lose in court is that my fault or the fault of the sheriff, judge, and non supporters? If I exercise my rights and obey the law and government comes back and restricts freedom because they do not like how I exercised the right is that my fault? I don't think it is. The exercise of a right doesn't hurt that right, those who protest against a right hurt the right.

Thundar

All I can do is what I do. If I carry an ak pistol and people complain and the state passes a law banning ak pistols is that my fault or the fault of people who complain? If I sue to force the sheriff to execute a document he is supposed to execute and lose in court is that my fault or the fault of the sheriff, judge, and non supporters? If I exercise my rights and obey the law and government comes back and restricts freedom because they do not like how I exercised the right is that my fault? I don't think it is. The exercise of a right doesn't hurt that right, those who protest against a right hurt the right.

Keep fighting Kwik. A right unexercized is a right lost. You may not always win, but at least you stand up and object to tyranny.

neuroblades

Combat Handguns - Feb 2011 Article: Gun-Flash Reprecussions (page 90)

Well, it seems that "kwikrnu" has got himself some published exposure now! You were mentioned by Massad Ayoob nonetheless!

For those who have not read Mas' write-up on kwikrnu's "story", I strongly suggest that you do so! This guy is NO HERO to anyone! His actions are foolishish and providing bad rep for ALL gun owners, both open and concealed carry! As Mas has written, this guy's nothing but a provocateur, if not an outright anti-gun plant to discredit gun ownership, gun rights and weapons carry! All I'll say here is to echo the closing line, "I don't see Case Three having a good ending" nor do I.

Source: Combat Handguns - Feb. 2011. Article: Gun-Flash Reprecussions (Case Three - page 90).

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
Well, it seems that "kwikrnu" has got himself some published exposure now! You were mentioned by Massad Ayoob nonetheless!

For those who have not read Mas' write-up on kwikrnu's "story", I strongly suggest that you do so! This guy is NO HERO to anyone! His actions are foolishish and providing bad rep for ALL gun owners, both open and concealed carry! As Mas has written, this guy's nothing but a provocateur, if not an outright anti-gun plant to discredit gun ownership, gun rights and weapons carry! All I'll say here is to echo the closing line, "I don't see Case Three having a good ending" nor do I.

Source: Combat Handguns - Feb. 2011. Article: Gun-Flash Reprecussions (Case Three - page 90).

I haven't read the story, but isn't ayoob against open carry? I've not claimed to be a hero, I only wish to exercise my legal right to bear arms openly. For exercising that right I have been harrassed by cops and government officials.

HvyMtl

neuroblades,

you have a web link to this article? Just curious.

Kwik, as you are not putting your money where your mouth is, I do expect you to lose this lawsuit as well. I do not disagree with you wanting to keep your rights. I do disagree with the method you are using. Go get a loan on your hot and fast Mustang, so you can get an attorney, and have a much better chance of winning...

kwikrnu

Banned
Kwik, as you are not putting your money where your mouth is, I do expect you to lose this lawsuit as well. I do not disagree with you wanting to keep your rights. I do disagree with the method you are using. Go get a loan on your hot and fast Mustang, so you can get an attorney, and have a much better chance of winning...

I put plenty of time and money into my suit. I may win, I may lose. The worst that can happen is I lose and move to GA, get a handgun permit and carry legally in Tennessee w/o a TN carry permit. :lol: Or I may get a 01 FFL and pay the class III stamp here in TN. :lol:

kwikrnu

Banned
Ayoob is no friend to open carry. This is all I have to say to Ayoob.

ayoobbooksakpistol.jpg

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I contend that those who file suit , without proper representation , and end up getting bad case law stacked against us , are the ones to blame.

I don't think civil suits make case law, unless they go to the court of appeals or the State or US supreme court(s). Then they are opinions, some published some not, some followed some not.

Status
Not open for further replies.