Thread: Bang!

Bang!

Ok, so this morning (2AM), my friend and I were hungry, so we went to a 24 hour subway on 160th and pac highway in sea-tac. We sat down to feast on our sandwiches, and this high school dropout guy wanders across the parking lot and to the door and asks us if we saw someone leave the bus stop. We say no and he turns around and takes off. He re-unites with some guy at the street corner and they jog to the bus stop. Then after a bit they walked back northbound behind the subway along pac high way.

I hear a bang, and it was a very low bang so it almost sounded like someone smacking a piece of wood on something but I thought it sounded like a .22. My friend goes to the door, and we see the two guys booking it from the area where the sound came from and they turned and yelled "they shootin!!!!" and instantly I ran to my car which was parked right in front of the door and grabbed my pistol pouch and as I turned away from car I saw two guys running across highway and I ran back inside subway to hide. Subway workers were asking was it really a gunshot, because they couldn't hear because of machinery and then they got on phone with 911. Took the cops a WHILE before they got there, I was disappointed by their response. The events felt so strange it was almost UNREAL. As we sat waiting for police, the worker told of stories about blood and guns right in front of the subway,

and then he had the nerve to try to school me on open carry!!!!! I had asked him if he carried since he saw all that violence.

He says" You know in Seattle you can carry openly with a permit?"

I was like "Really/Yeah?".

But yeah, that's Saturday morning for me, and now I have to do something like create a messenger bag with my gun pouch that way it can stay on me at all times while staying being legal!

Stay safe folks, and remember, "Espresso shots, not gunshots!!!!

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Glad you didn't have to get involved. I actually had just left the mall in Tacoma and also the Tukwilla one just before the shootings that occurred at those locations. I guess I left just in time.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

See now there's no reason to go walking around carrying a gun, the cops were just a few minutes away. Now if you'd been packing heat like some cowboy you probably would have just shot the subway guy in the confusion
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I know right, since the subway guy was talking about violence and open carry and all, I asked him what he would do if someone robbed him, he said he would give money and let them know there are cameras watching. I said, bang you're dead. Cameras gon bring you back to life?

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Way to be on your feet! Crazy things happen that early in the morning.

Joe~

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    I know right, since the subway guy was talking about violence and open carry and all, I asked him what he would do if someone robbed him, he said he would give money and let them know there are cameras watching. I said, bang you're dead. Cameras gon bring you back to life?
    Indeed :\ Usually I ask what they'd do if someone broke in and attempted to sexually assault a member of their family. It's a little harder to say they'd just go along with it and call the cops afterward - at least, I would hope it is.

I can't imagine the horror and suffering that goes on every day in that kind of home-invasion scenario. I'm not even sure I'd be able to protect myself despite the weapons I keep at hand.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Glad you are OK. And why be disappointed by SPD that is to be expected and goes to show our safety is in our own hands and not to be trusted to others.

Greeny maybe you could trade in your Book Carry for this.

• Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by antispam540 View Post
    Indeed :\ Usually I ask what they'd do if someone broke in and attempted to sexually assault a member of their family. It's a little harder to say they'd just go along with it and call the cops afterward - at least, I would hope it is.

I can't imagine the horror and suffering that goes on every day in that kind of home-invasion scenario. I'm not even sure I'd be able to protect myself despite the weapons I keep at hand.
    This is a really, really good point that is often lost on john Q...I have several friends that don't have guns and such around the house, being willing to wait on police response to their home alarm systems....

I've asked a similiar question, to get them thinking, when they say,

"Well, we'd just hide in the upstairs bedroom, lock ourselves in and wait for the police"....

They are of course assuming the best....just some robber guy looking to steal something from downstairs like the TV....

I ask:

Well, where does your wife keep her jewlery?

What if he already has a TV

What if he's on foot and can't carry a big TV and would prefer cash....(ha,ha...what's in your wallet?)

What if he's just not a robber, he's just plain nuts, or drugged out...is that bedroom door a "bonefide" safe room?
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt