• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bang!

OrangeIsTrouble

Ok, so this morning (2AM), my friend and I were hungry, so we went to a 24 hour subway on 160th and pac highway in sea-tac. We sat down to feast on our sandwiches, and this high school dropout guy wanders across the parking lot and to the door and asks us if we saw someone leave the bus stop. We say no and he turns around and takes off. He re-unites with some guy at the street corner and they jog to the bus stop. Then after a bit they walked back northbound behind the subway along pac high way.

I hear a bang, and it was a very low bang so it almost sounded like someone smacking a piece of wood on something but I thought it sounded like a .22. My friend goes to the door, and we see the two guys booking it from the area where the sound came from and they turned and yelled "they shootin!!!!" and instantly I ran to my car which was parked right in front of the door and grabbed my pistol pouch and as I turned away from car I saw two guys running across highway and I ran back inside subway to hide. Subway workers were asking was it really a gunshot, because they couldn't hear because of machinery and then they got on phone with 911. Took the cops a WHILE before they got there, I was disappointed by their response. The events felt so strange it was almost UNREAL. As we sat waiting for police, the worker told of stories about blood and guns right in front of the subway,

and then he had the nerve to try to school me on open carry!!!!! I had asked him if he carried since he saw all that violence.

He says" You know in Seattle you can carry openly with a permit?"

I was like "Really/Yeah?".

But yeah, that's Saturday morning for me, and now I have to do something like create a messenger bag with my gun pouch that way it can stay on me at all times while staying being legal!

Stay safe folks, and remember, "Espresso shots, not gunshots!!!! :rolleyes:

tombrewster421

Glad you didn't have to get involved. I actually had just left the mall in Tacoma and also the Tukwilla one just before the shootings that occurred at those locations. I guess I left just in time.

Metalhead47

See now there's no reason to go walking around carrying a gun, the cops were just a few minutes away. Now if you'd been packing heat like some cowboy you probably would have just shot the subway guy in the confusion:p

OrangeIsTrouble

I know right, since the subway guy was talking about violence and open carry and all, I asked him what he would do if someone robbed him, he said he would give money and let them know there are cameras watching. I said, bang you're dead. Cameras gon bring you back to life? :rolleyes:

antispam540

I know right, since the subway guy was talking about violence and open carry and all, I asked him what he would do if someone robbed him, he said he would give money and let them know there are cameras watching. I said, bang you're dead. Cameras gon bring you back to life? :rolleyes:

Indeed :\ Usually I ask what they'd do if someone broke in and attempted to sexually assault a member of their family. It's a little harder to say they'd just go along with it and call the cops afterward - at least, I would hope it is.

I can't imagine the horror and suffering that goes on every day in that kind of home-invasion scenario. I'm not even sure I'd be able to protect myself despite the weapons I keep at hand.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Greeny maybe you could trade in your Book Carry for this.

a-team-lunch-box.jpg

jt59

Indeed :\ Usually I ask what they'd do if someone broke in and attempted to sexually assault a member of their family. It's a little harder to say they'd just go along with it and call the cops afterward - at least, I would hope it is.

I can't imagine the horror and suffering that goes on every day in that kind of home-invasion scenario. I'm not even sure I'd be able to protect myself despite the weapons I keep at hand.

This is a really, really good point that is often lost on john Q...I have several friends that don't have guns and such around the house, being willing to wait on police response to their home alarm systems....

I've asked a similiar question, to get them thinking, when they say,

"Well, we'd just hide in the upstairs bedroom, lock ourselves in and wait for the police"....

They are of course assuming the best....just some robber guy looking to steal something from downstairs like the TV....

I ask:

Well, where does your wife keep her jewlery?

What if he already has a TV

What if he's on foot and can't carry a big TV and would prefer cash....(ha,ha...what's in your wallet?)

What if he's just not a robber, he's just plain nuts, or drugged out...is that bedroom door a "bonefide" safe room?