• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st solo OC today...it was good!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
...that doesnt count as a 'motor vehicle' does it?
Not knowing what "that" might be and wanting a "first solo OC" done legally,
Wisc. Stats. Ann. said:
§ 340.01 VEHICLES—DEFINITIONS
[ ... ]
(74) “Vehicle” means every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, except railroad trains. A snowmobile or electric personal assistive mobility device shall not be considered a vehicle except for purposes made specifically applicable by statute.
Note that this definition explicitly excludes stalking-horses, jackasses and mules.

J.Gleason

Banned
Spartacus, I love how you tell people it is OK to disregard the law in one thread and then in another thread you tell them to ask permission to carry in a church.

How long will you purposely go on trying to sabotage the efforts that are made here?

How long will the Mods allow you to continue?

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Spartacus, I love how you tell people it is OK to disregard the law in one thread and then in another thread you tell them to ask permission to carry in a church.

How long will you purposely go on trying to sabotage the efforts that are made here?

How long will the Mods allow you to continue?

Oh knock it off Gleason.

I spaced out and went for a tractor ride while OCing. I didn't say it was right. You never hopped in your car and took off down the driveway locked and loaded? If not then you don't carry much.

Last edited:
B

bhancock

Way to go Glock. Glad to have another Freedom Fighter among us! Carry On.

hardballer

Nice going Glock, my heart was beating purty good the first time. Glad you with us. Stay safe and carry on.

Congrats to you too, Oak1971.

Last edited:

oak1971

Congrats! My first in a crowded public setting was Friday. I have OC'd while walking the dog before, but never in a restaurant setting before Friday.

M

McX

i wonder if he sat in the legendary booth. I find this very angering to me, that my brethren can frequent that place, and no notice taken of them, while i sit with a disorderly conduct ticket, as a souvinere of my visit.

oak1971

i wonder if he sat in the legendary booth. I find this very angering to me, that my brethren can frequent that place, and no notice taken of them, while i sit with a disorderly conduct ticket, as a souvinere of my visit.

You must have a target on your back.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
congrats to GlockRDH and oak1971 on their virgin carrying experiences... =) It only gets easier with time!

Carry on!

M

McX

X has those shifty, beady eyes and the hardened look of a career felon.

No wait... I'm getting X confused with Paul. My bad...

ok sparticus, as long as it wasn't the X in me.

added on edit; i am a bit nervous though, i spotted this red spot glowing on my palm, and i have an incredible urge to run.

Last edited:

UWCyclist

I think I was one of the people looking. My buddy and I had just gotten back from Deerfield and shot a couple hundred rounds. There was a verbal argument outside Culver's and I jokingly said "Boy, good thing you don't need a gun inside Culver's." Walking in, I noticed the Glock on your hip and couldn't help but laugh. The timing was perfect. Thank you for open carrying, I wanted to say something but decided not to.