• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Uneventful weekend of OCing Around The Valley

Remmy

Well I thought I'd go ahead and post up about my weekend shenanigans. I work nights so I dont really venture out all too often until the weekend Friday and Saturday for myself.

Friday I spent the day running around the south west, I first needed to get that good ole smog job done on the truck so I paid my 20 bucks and got a clean bill of Pass no issues while OCing, I was in the mood for some food so we first visited to Caprioties off southern highlands pkwy and valley view no issue OCing inside there, decided to go enjoy some Panera Bread instead (the lil woman wanted it instead of) Well I start down southern highlands parkway towards the freeway where it turns to St Rose and I missed the blinking yellow lights and I was so graciously greeted by one of Metros finest Motor-cops. He never did see my OC firearm nor did I offer up that insight (got the ticket btw) what a prick this guy was from the get go, I dont care about the ticket its just money and traffic school but one would think when interacting with the public he would be professional and not a douchebag.

What really hit home and made me sad is my girl asks me while he is writing my ticket "hes not going to ask you to get out of the truck or anything right" I answer her and ask why she just asked that, she tells me and i quote "well I dont want you to get hurt because of whats on your hip". Crazy times we live in without a doubt. Well I had decided to go a little up scale so we visited the District in Henderson off Green Valley Ranch Rd. they were having a Art walk there so lots of people and vendors. I found out some really cool stuff about The District.

I had zero issues OC while in Panera Bread and zero issues not even a comment or talk with a sheep while strolling around the entire shopping plaza. We walked all the way to the end of Main street and finally came up on a code of conduct sign, I checked their rules and no where did they mention weapons were prohibited however groups of 5 or more kids will be asked to disperse :), and making threatening stares are a big no no. The other one is that you can actually take your four legged family members there and most of the stores minus the restaurant allow you to bring them into the store with you as well. Went into several stores: Aeropostale, William Sonoma, Halmark to name a few so it would appear the District has not taken our ability to defend ourselves away as of yet.

Saturday we ended up running around again this time going over to Target, then over to the Galleria Mall, I was almost certain id be getting kicked out of there since they are anti but to my surprise I was not and we walked both floors every inch of the mall and made our purchases. Visited several stores and had lots of interaction with store employees but not about my gun. Then headed over to Barnes and Nobel again no issues on the way home that evening we stopped off at smiths again no issue.

So to say the least its a boring and uneventful report but wanted to post up for the new comers to the OC movement and to the site in hopes to give them more confidence to always be ready and have protection. A side note I was dressed in some cargo shorts and a tshirt untucked with a base ball cap, you know just your average joe being comfortable on a warm day.

Nevada carrier

I think most people are used to it at this point. which is good and by no means should we allow anyone believe it will go away. The problem we really have is the hotels on the strip. I don't think we're ever going to be able to hoe that row. Wait that sounded bad.

28kfps

I too have carried in most of the stores in the Galleria Mall, walked by one of the Mall cops, and carried in many of stores in the area near the Mall. I was wondering about the District shopping Mall. Good to hear it appears to be cool with the OC. Nevada carrier, just need a very large hoe-er.

Remmy

I sent an email off to the The District for some more info in regards to their stance on 2a rights and carrying hopefully Ill get a reply soon and it will be good news.

Lostlittlerobot

Remmy - does your girl read this thread? Her comment so far hasn't been flamed....unless what I'm saying is considered flaming. It's a good topic though, how significant others handle their open carry partners.

My brother thinks i'm going to be shot walking down the street by metro because "not only do i look like a freak, but i'm a freak with a gun"

It's pretty interesting =). He's 40. I'm 27. We're both as stubborn as anyone I've ever met.

Nevada carrier

Remmy - does your girl read this thread? Her comment so far hasn't been flamed....unless what I'm saying is considered flaming. It's a good topic though, how significant others handle their open carry partners.

My brother thinks i'm going to be shot walking down the street by metro because "not only do i look like a freak, but i'm a freak with a gun"

It's pretty interesting =). He's 40. I'm 27. We're both as stubborn as anyone I've ever met.

My girlfriend was a bit skeptical about me going out with a firearm in plain sight until we did it enough that she realized that for the most part, no one really minds. He biggest concern at first was that it would make me a target until she thought about it logically for more than just a moment. She then realized that if someone were intent on targeting me as their victim of some crime, they would have to consider me to much of a risk, and move on to an easier target.

Now I even have her OCing with one of my other pistols from time to time.

Remmy

she does read the forums and often carries right along with me and has been to several of the meets by my side, Her comment was more so that she didnt want the cops to hurt me considering we both followed the Erik Scott case and she knows all to well the cops are trigger happy.

28kfps

I sent an email off to the The District for some more info in regards to their stance on 2a rights and carrying hopefully Ill get a reply soon and it will be good news.

I am open to others opinion however, I am of the opinion if no one at an establishment says anything about an open carried firearm no need to ask. Sending an e-mail may end up on the one desk of the one person with the authority to say no. A loosely associated analogy, as a rule it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.