Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Krista Burns Candidate for State Representative Given NRA Rating of 'B'

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    4

    Krista Burns Candidate for State Representative Given NRA Rating of 'B'

    I'm Krista Burns, running for State Representative in one of Milwaukee's traditionally liberal Districts (UWM area south to Bay View). I'm proud to say that I am a supporter of open carry, and have been given an NRA rating of 'B'. To some that may seem insufficient, but when you consider that my opponent has consistently received a grade of D- to F. I am the second amendment candidate.

    If you are a hunter, enjoy gun sports, or are concerned with protecting yourself, family and property and live in the Milwaukee area, please let your friends know that they will have an advocate in Madison if I am elected.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Welcome, Ms Burns, to the Wisconsin forum of OPEN Carry.org

    Please be clear on your political commitment to these concepts; permitted (by the state) carry and non-permitted Constitutional Carry as applied to openly carried weapons and concealed weapons carry.

  3. #3
    Regular Member skorittnig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Please be clear on your political commitment to these concepts; permitted (by the state) carry and non-permitted Constitutional Carry as applied to openly carried weapons and concealed weapons carry.
    +1
    skorittnig

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    Exactly, Please be clear! We do not need a new CCW Bill that comes complete with fees, permits and mandated training which in turn will create a new bureaucracy in Wisconsin, meaning bigger government. Let us enjoy our Rights and leave us alone. Repeal 941.23 that is all we ask.

  5. #5
    Regular Member skorittnig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I'm Krista Burns, running for State Representative in one of Milwaukee's traditionally liberal Districts (UWM area south to Bay View). I'm proud to say that I am a supporter of open carry, and have been given an NRA rating of 'B'. To some that may seem insufficient, but when you consider that my opponent has consistently received a grade of D- to F. I am the second amendment candidate.

    If you are a hunter, enjoy gun sports, or are concerned with protecting yourself, family and property and live in the Milwaukee area, please let your friends know that they will have an advocate in Madison if I am elected.

    Thanks.
    I think I understand what you mean in this sentence- but I will caution you to NOT present yourself as the "least unconstitutional candidate". Americans (like myself) are fed up with RINO's and moderates who vote simply to secure their next election.
    skorittnig

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

  6. #6
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I'm Krista Burns, running for State Representative in one of Milwaukee's traditionally liberal Districts (UWM area south to Bay View). I'm proud to say that I am a supporter of open carry, and have been given an NRA rating of 'B'. To some that may seem insufficient, but when you consider that my opponent has consistently received a grade of D- to F. I am the second amendment candidate.

    If you are a hunter, enjoy gun sports, or are concerned with protecting yourself, family and property and live in the Milwaukee area, please let your friends know that they will have an advocate in Madison if I am elected.

    Thanks.
    Hi Krista and welcome to this forum,
    So, why has the NRA given you a B and not an A?
    Do you support some gun rights suppression?
    Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
    Is the constitution important to you?
    You claim to be the 2nd amendment canidate, why?
    What do you think of permits?
    What do you think of the GFSZ?
    What do you think of vehicle carry?
    We need more info.

  7. #7
    Regular Member tomm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mke, ,
    Posts
    174

    Members from the 19th

    Anyone else on this forum besides me that can actually vote in this district?

  8. #8
    Regular Member grinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pewaukee, WI
    Posts
    101
    Sorry to bump the thread, but remember we can volunteer time and give money to any candidate we wish, no matter where we live. I've given money to out-of-state candidates and, more recently, I gave some to Dan Sebring in Milwaukee.

    My candidates have things wrapped up out here in Waukesha County, so I've been focusing my efforts elsewhere.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    252
    According the NRA Website

    "A generally pro-gun candidate. However, a "B" candidate may have opposed some pro-gun reform or supported some restrictive legislation in the past."

    So Krista, You want to explain what you opposed or supported that is against guns?

  10. #10
    Regular Member tomm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mke, ,
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by grinner View Post
    Sorry to bump the thread, but remember we can volunteer time and give money to any candidate we wish, no matter where we live. I've given money to out-of-state candidates and, more recently, I gave some to Dan Sebring in Milwaukee.

    My candidates have things wrapped up out here in Waukesha County, so I've been focusing my efforts elsewhere.
    Oh I agree its is important to support candidates outside of your voting district. As I have stated on other treads about this candidate. Most loony gun laws originate in Milwaukee. So bumping off a nut bag like Richards is a plus for everyone in the state.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    4

    Krista Burns Positions

    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I'm Krista Burns, running for State Representative in one of Milwaukee's traditionally liberal Districts (UWM area south to Bay View). I'm proud to say that I am a supporter of open carry, and have been given an NRA rating of 'B'. To some that may seem insufficient, but when you consider that my opponent has consistently received a grade of D- to F. I am the second amendment candidate.

    If you are a hunter, enjoy gun sports, or are concerned with protecting yourself, family and property and live in the Milwaukee area, please let your friends know that they will have an advocate in Madison if I am elected.

    Thanks.
    I was given a rating of 'B' because I entered undecided on support of Vermont Gun law on the NRA survey. Here is my quandary, I know how the Liberals have been stealing our rights, by requiring one bureaucratic hoop after another when purchasing and owning a gun. I recognize these 'reasonable public safety' measures for exactly what they are-- another inch of our rights taken away.

    After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that no matter what caveats are enacted concerning gun ownership, the anti-gun groups will use the cracks to take away our right. The only solution to this is to take a firm stand and close those gaps. If answering that survey today, I would support Vermont Style Gun Law.

    To answer specific questions:
    Q. Do you support some gun rights suppression?
    A. I originally was considering gun safety classes for concealed carry. However this will be exploited by the anti-gun lobbyists, and therefore is unacceptable to me. So I have moved off this position.

    Q. Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
    A. Yes

    Q. Is the constitution important to you?
    A. Yes extremely important to me.

    Q. You claim to be the 2nd amendment candidate, why?
    A. I support the right to bear arms, permitting, licensing, casing requirements and waiting periods have been put into place in order to discourage ownership, make make gun ownership cost prohibitive, or render the gun useless. I originally was undecided about Vermont Style Gun Law, but have come to the conclusion that if we allow any crack in our gun laws; it will result in the loss of rights, and that is unacceptable.

    Q. What do you think of permits?
    A.I think this is abused by Government

    Q. What do you think of the GFSZ?
    A. I'm an Alumni of Northern Illinois University, where in 2008 a former student murdered 5 and wounded more than a dozen before taking his own life. A smaller version of the Virginia Tech shootings. If students, faculty or security were allowed to carry this may have been prevented or stopped. To me gun free also means safety free. Additionally, the zero tolerance of weapons in schools is also being abused; where children bringing a knife to cut a birthday cake, a pocket knife kept in a car truck, a plastic gun etc. are being suspended and or expelled. This is wrong.

    Q. What do you think of vehicle carry?
    A. Recently in Milw. a veteran driving a sooped up car in a high crime neighborhood was arrested and held in jail for three days, because his gun was not cased in his car. I oppose this. Casing a gun in your car renders it useless. Citizens should have the right to protect themselves, their family and their property; including their cars. Therefore, the casing requirement is unreasonable. Open and concealed carry should be allowed in cars.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I was given a rating of 'B' because I entered undecided on support of Vermont Gun law on the NRA survey. Here is my quandary, I know how the Liberals have been stealing our rights, by requiring one bureaucratic hoop after another when purchasing and owning a gun. I recognize these 'reasonable public safety' measures for exactly what they are-- another inch of our rights taken away.

    After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that no matter what caveats are enacted concerning gun ownership, the anti-gun groups will use the cracks to take away our right. The only solution to this is to take a firm stand and close those gaps. If answering that survey today, I would support Vermont Style Gun Law.

    To answer specific questions:
    Q. Do you support some gun rights suppression?
    A. I originally was considering gun safety classes for concealed carry. However this will be exploited by the anti-gun lobbyists, and therefore is unacceptable to me. So I have moved off this position.

    Q. Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
    A. Yes

    Q. Is the constitution important to you?
    A. Yes extremely important to me.

    Q. You claim to be the 2nd amendment candidate, why?
    A. I support the right to bear arms, permitting, licensing, casing requirements and waiting periods have been put into place in order to discourage ownership, make make gun ownership cost prohibitive, or render the gun useless. I originally was undecided about Vermont Style Gun Law, but have come to the conclusion that if we allow any crack in our gun laws; it will result in the loss of rights, and that is unacceptable.

    Q. What do you think of permits?
    A.I think this is abused by Government

    Q. What do you think of the GFSZ?
    A. I'm an Alumni of Northern Illinois University, where in 2008 a former student murdered 5 and wounded more than a dozen before taking his own life. A smaller version of the Virginia Tech shootings. If students, faculty or security were allowed to carry this may have been prevented or stopped. To me gun free also means safety free. Additionally, the zero tolerance of weapons in schools is also being abused; where children bringing a knife to cut a birthday cake, a pocket knife kept in a car truck, a plastic gun etc. are being suspended and or expelled. This is wrong.

    Q. What do you think of vehicle carry?
    A. Recently in Milw. a veteran driving a sooped up car in a high crime neighborhood was arrested and held in jail for three days, because his gun was not cased in his car. I oppose this. Casing a gun in your car renders it useless. Citizens should have the right to protect themselves, their family and their property; including their cars. Therefore, the casing requirement is unreasonable. Open and concealed carry should be allowed in cars.
    "B" rating? Hell I would give her an "A" rating! She would definitely get my vote.

  13. #13
    Regular Member grinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pewaukee, WI
    Posts
    101
    Ms. Burns, first thank you for joining here and posting your positions. And, more importantly, for HAVING those positions!!

    I think the NRA deserves the "B" rating, and YOU deserve the "A"! Best of luck in the election and in all of your endeavors.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Krista,
    It seems that you get it!
    Now, if you could talk some sense into the rest of the politicians; on both sides of the aisle, that would be wonderful!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  15. #15
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Ms Burns,

    If you don't get elected in Wisconsin, you come on down to Alabama. We could use a few like you.

  16. #16
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I was given a rating of 'B' because I entered undecided on support of Vermont Gun law on the NRA survey. Here is my quandary, I know how the Liberals have been stealing our rights, by requiring one bureaucratic hoop after another when purchasing and owning a gun. I recognize these 'reasonable public safety' measures for exactly what they are-- another inch of our rights taken away.

    After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that no matter what caveats are enacted concerning gun ownership, the anti-gun groups will use the cracks to take away our right. The only solution to this is to take a firm stand and close those gaps. If answering that survey today, I would support Vermont Style Gun Law.

    To answer specific questions:
    Q. Do you support some gun rights suppression?
    A. I originally was considering gun safety classes for concealed carry. However this will be exploited by the anti-gun lobbyists, and therefore is unacceptable to me. So I have moved off this position.

    Q. Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
    A. Yes

    Q. Is the constitution important to you?
    A. Yes extremely important to me.

    Q. You claim to be the 2nd amendment candidate, why?
    A. I support the right to bear arms, permitting, licensing, casing requirements and waiting periods have been put into place in order to discourage ownership, make make gun ownership cost prohibitive, or render the gun useless. I originally was undecided about Vermont Style Gun Law, but have come to the conclusion that if we allow any crack in our gun laws; it will result in the loss of rights, and that is unacceptable.

    Q. What do you think of permits?
    A.I think this is abused by Government

    Q. What do you think of the GFSZ?
    A. I'm an Alumni of Northern Illinois University, where in 2008 a former student murdered 5 and wounded more than a dozen before taking his own life. A smaller version of the Virginia Tech shootings. If students, faculty or security were allowed to carry this may have been prevented or stopped. To me gun free also means safety free. Additionally, the zero tolerance of weapons in schools is also being abused; where children bringing a knife to cut a birthday cake, a pocket knife kept in a car truck, a plastic gun etc. are being suspended and or expelled. This is wrong.

    Q. What do you think of vehicle carry?
    A. Recently in Milw. a veteran driving a sooped up car in a high crime neighborhood was arrested and held in jail for three days, because his gun was not cased in his car. I oppose this. Casing a gun in your car renders it useless. Citizens should have the right to protect themselves, their family and their property; including their cars. Therefore, the casing requirement is unreasonable. Open and concealed carry should be allowed in cars.
    Thank you for answering our questions. I wish I could vote for you as you have earned it. Many here on this forum will however have the opportunity to support you.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    These answers are to your questions and not ours or mine. They would do Leslie Stahl proud.

  18. #18
    Regular Member fjpro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    300

    The NRA isn't God

    I am a lifetime member of the NRA, and I am extremely disappointed with some of their endorsements this year. Just because they gave Krista a "B" rating doesn't mean she doesn't deserve your vote. We MUST achieve both big and small victories. At the worst, Krista is a small victory. I say vote for her. Then, if she wins, remind her of her positions. We will be able to determine if she is serious or not. REMEMBER THE ALTERNATIVE!!!

  19. #19
    Regular Member tomm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mke, ,
    Posts
    174

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I was given a rating of 'B' because I entered undecided on support of Vermont Gun law on the NRA survey. Here is my quandary, I know how the Liberals have been stealing our rights, by requiring one bureaucratic hoop after another when purchasing and owning a gun. I recognize these 'reasonable public safety' measures for exactly what they are-- another inch of our rights taken away.

    After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that no matter what caveats are enacted concerning gun ownership, the anti-gun groups will use the cracks to take away our right. The only solution to this is to take a firm stand and close those gaps. If answering that survey today, I would support Vermont Style Gun Law.

    To answer specific questions:
    Q. Do you support some gun rights suppression?
    A. I originally was considering gun safety classes for concealed carry. However this will be exploited by the anti-gun lobbyists, and therefore is unacceptable to me. So I have moved off this position.

    Q. Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
    A. Yes

    Q. Is the constitution important to you?
    A. Yes extremely important to me.

    Q. You claim to be the 2nd amendment candidate, why?
    A. I support the right to bear arms, permitting, licensing, casing requirements and waiting periods have been put into place in order to discourage ownership, make make gun ownership cost prohibitive, or render the gun useless. I originally was undecided about Vermont Style Gun Law, but have come to the conclusion that if we allow any crack in our gun laws; it will result in the loss of rights, and that is unacceptable.

    Q. What do you think of permits?
    A.I think this is abused by Government

    Q. What do you think of the GFSZ?
    A. I'm an Alumni of Northern Illinois University, where in 2008 a former student murdered 5 and wounded more than a dozen before taking his own life. A smaller version of the Virginia Tech shootings. If students, faculty or security were allowed to carry this may have been prevented or stopped. To me gun free also means safety free. Additionally, the zero tolerance of weapons in schools is also being abused; where children bringing a knife to cut a birthday cake, a pocket knife kept in a car truck, a plastic gun etc. are being suspended and or expelled. This is wrong.

    Q. What do you think of vehicle carry?
    A. Recently in Milw. a veteran driving a sooped up car in a high crime neighborhood was arrested and held in jail for three days, because his gun was not cased in his car. I oppose this. Casing a gun in your car renders it useless. Citizens should have the right to protect themselves, their family and their property; including their cars. Therefore, the casing requirement is unreasonable. Open and concealed carry should be allowed in cars.
    Yeah! Thanks for responding Krista. You will get my vote this November 2nd. Since you were classy enough not to directly ask for contributions to your campaign allow me to point members of this forum to the right place.

    http://kristaburns.com/

    As my Uncle Kenny always said "Money talks, B.S. walks"

  20. #20
    Regular Member skorittnig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    I was given a rating of 'B' because I entered undecided on support of Vermont Gun law on the NRA survey. Here is my quandary, I know how the Liberals have been stealing our rights, by requiring one bureaucratic hoop after another when purchasing and owning a gun. I recognize these 'reasonable public safety' measures for exactly what they are-- another inch of our rights taken away.

    After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that no matter what caveats are enacted concerning gun ownership, the anti-gun groups will use the cracks to take away our right. The only solution to this is to take a firm stand and close those gaps. If answering that survey today, I would support Vermont Style Gun Law.

    To answer specific questions:
    Q. Do you support some gun rights suppression?
    A. I originally was considering gun safety classes for concealed carry. However this will be exploited by the anti-gun lobbyists, and therefore is unacceptable to me. So I have moved off this position.

    Q. Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
    A. Yes

    Q. Is the constitution important to you?
    A. Yes extremely important to me.

    Q. You claim to be the 2nd amendment candidate, why?
    A. I support the right to bear arms, permitting, licensing, casing requirements and waiting periods have been put into place in order to discourage ownership, make make gun ownership cost prohibitive, or render the gun useless. I originally was undecided about Vermont Style Gun Law, but have come to the conclusion that if we allow any crack in our gun laws; it will result in the loss of rights, and that is unacceptable.

    Q. What do you think of permits?
    A.I think this is abused by Government

    Q. What do you think of the GFSZ?
    A. I'm an Alumni of Northern Illinois University, where in 2008 a former student murdered 5 and wounded more than a dozen before taking his own life. A smaller version of the Virginia Tech shootings. If students, faculty or security were allowed to carry this may have been prevented or stopped. To me gun free also means safety free. Additionally, the zero tolerance of weapons in schools is also being abused; where children bringing a knife to cut a birthday cake, a pocket knife kept in a car truck, a plastic gun etc. are being suspended and or expelled. This is wrong.

    Q. What do you think of vehicle carry?
    A. Recently in Milw. a veteran driving a sooped up car in a high crime neighborhood was arrested and held in jail for three days, because his gun was not cased in his car. I oppose this. Casing a gun in your car renders it useless. Citizens should have the right to protect themselves, their family and their property; including their cars. Therefore, the casing requirement is unreasonable. Open and concealed carry should be allowed in cars.

    Krista,

    Thanks for clarifying, and best of luck.
    skorittnig

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    4

    Thank you

    To Tomm1963,
    Thank you for your support. The recent incidents of confusing enforcement of gun laws in Wisconsin, I'm being generous here, are an indication that 2nd Amendment rights will be an issue in the next legislative session. If gun rights advocates are elected, we can at the very least move toward Vermont Style Gun Law, if not get there.

    This election, at the Local, State and National level is all about our rights. For too long many people believed that our Government would never spit on the constitution, would never rule against the American people, would never do great harm to the Country. Many were asleep, content in their prosperity with a false sense of security as to how precious our rights and Country are. We need to be vigilant, informed, active, loud, and firm in taking our country back.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    252
    Great response, Ms. Burns. You'd have my vote if I was in your district.

  23. #23
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    The recent incidents of confusing enforcement of gun laws in Wisconsin, I'm being generous here, are an indication that 2nd Amendment rights will be an issue in the next legislative session.
    LOL!!!!



    I like the way you put it!!!! 'confusing enforcement'.

    Unfortunately I cannot vote for you as well. I am in the 31st district, Representative Nass and he's going to get an earful to make sure he knows what I want.

  24. #24
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by kburns View Post
    This election, at the Local, State and National level is all about our rights. For too long many people believed that our Government would never spit on the constitution, would never rule against the American people, would never do great harm to the Country. Many were asleep, content in their prosperity with a false sense of security as to how precious our rights and Country are. We need to be vigilant, informed, active, loud, and firm in taking our country back.
    I think I am falling in love again (don't tell my wife).
    I am just west of your area, but you would get my vote for sure.

  25. #25
    Regular Member tomm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mke, ,
    Posts
    174

    Krista on other Issues

    A recent Q&A in the local Bay View Compass. Burns and Richards face off on issues other than 2A.

    http://bayviewcompass.com/archives/5595

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •