• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Krista Burns Candidate for State Representative Given NRA Rating of 'B'

kburns

I'm Krista Burns, running for State Representative in one of Milwaukee's traditionally liberal Districts (UWM area south to Bay View). I'm proud to say that I am a supporter of open carry, and have been given an NRA rating of 'B'. To some that may seem insufficient, but when you consider that my opponent has consistently received a grade of D- to F. I am the second amendment candidate.

If you are a hunter, enjoy gun sports, or are concerned with protecting yourself, family and property and live in the Milwaukee area, please let your friends know that they will have an advocate in Madison if I am elected.

Thanks.

J.Gleason

Banned
Exactly, Please be clear! We do not need a new CCW Bill that comes complete with fees, permits and mandated training which in turn will create a new bureaucracy in Wisconsin, meaning bigger government. Let us enjoy our Rights and leave us alone. Repeal 941.23 that is all we ask.

skorittnig

I'm Krista Burns, running for State Representative in one of Milwaukee's traditionally liberal Districts (UWM area south to Bay View). I'm proud to say that I am a supporter of open carry, and have been given an NRA rating of 'B'. To some that may seem insufficient, but when you consider that my opponent has consistently received a grade of D- to F. I am the second amendment candidate.

If you are a hunter, enjoy gun sports, or are concerned with protecting yourself, family and property and live in the Milwaukee area, please let your friends know that they will have an advocate in Madison if I am elected.

Thanks.

I think I understand what you mean in this sentence- but I will caution you to NOT present yourself as the "least unconstitutional candidate". Americans (like myself) are fed up with RINO's and moderates who vote simply to secure their next election.

johnny amish

Thanks.

Hi Krista and welcome to this forum,
So, why has the NRA given you a B and not an A?
Do you support some gun rights suppression?
Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
Is the constitution important to you?
You claim to be the 2nd amendment canidate, why?
What do you think of permits?
What do you think of the GFSZ?
What do you think of vehicle carry?
We need more info.

tomm1963

Members from the 19th

Anyone else on this forum besides me that can actually vote in this district?

grinner

Sorry to bump the thread, but remember we can volunteer time and give money to any candidate we wish, no matter where we live. I've given money to out-of-state candidates and, more recently, I gave some to Dan Sebring in Milwaukee.

My candidates have things wrapped up out here in Waukesha County, so I've been focusing my efforts elsewhere.

rcav8r

According the NRA Website

"A generally pro-gun candidate. However, a "B" candidate may have opposed some pro-gun reform or supported some restrictive legislation in the past."

So Krista, You want to explain what you opposed or supported that is against guns?

tomm1963

Sorry to bump the thread, but remember we can volunteer time and give money to any candidate we wish, no matter where we live. I've given money to out-of-state candidates and, more recently, I gave some to Dan Sebring in Milwaukee.

My candidates have things wrapped up out here in Waukesha County, so I've been focusing my efforts elsewhere.

Oh I agree its is important to support candidates outside of your voting district. As I have stated on other treads about this candidate. Most loony gun laws originate in Milwaukee. So bumping off a nut bag like Richards is a plus for everyone in the state.

kburns

Krista Burns Positions

Thanks.

I was given a rating of 'B' because I entered undecided on support of Vermont Gun law on the NRA survey. Here is my quandary, I know how the Liberals have been stealing our rights, by requiring one bureaucratic hoop after another when purchasing and owning a gun. I recognize these 'reasonable public safety' measures for exactly what they are-- another inch of our rights taken away.

After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that no matter what caveats are enacted concerning gun ownership, the anti-gun groups will use the cracks to take away our right. The only solution to this is to take a firm stand and close those gaps. If answering that survey today, I would support Vermont Style Gun Law.

To answer specific questions:
Q. Do you support some gun rights suppression?
A. I originally was considering gun safety classes for concealed carry. However this will be exploited by the anti-gun lobbyists, and therefore is unacceptable to me. So I have moved off this position.

Q. Do you understand what "shall not be infringed means"?
A. Yes

Q. Is the constitution important to you?
A. Yes extremely important to me.

Q. You claim to be the 2nd amendment candidate, why?
A. I support the right to bear arms, permitting, licensing, casing requirements and waiting periods have been put into place in order to discourage ownership, make make gun ownership cost prohibitive, or render the gun useless. I originally was undecided about Vermont Style Gun Law, but have come to the conclusion that if we allow any crack in our gun laws; it will result in the loss of rights, and that is unacceptable.

Q. What do you think of permits?
A.I think this is abused by Government

Q. What do you think of the GFSZ?
A. I'm an Alumni of Northern Illinois University, where in 2008 a former student murdered 5 and wounded more than a dozen before taking his own life. A smaller version of the Virginia Tech shootings. If students, faculty or security were allowed to carry this may have been prevented or stopped. To me gun free also means safety free. Additionally, the zero tolerance of weapons in schools is also being abused; where children bringing a knife to cut a birthday cake, a pocket knife kept in a car truck, a plastic gun etc. are being suspended and or expelled. This is wrong.

Q. What do you think of vehicle carry?
A. Recently in Milw. a veteran driving a sooped up car in a high crime neighborhood was arrested and held in jail for three days, because his gun was not cased in his car. I oppose this. Casing a gun in your car renders it useless. Citizens should have the right to protect themselves, their family and their property; including their cars. Therefore, the casing requirement is unreasonable. Open and concealed carry should be allowed in cars.

J.Gleason

Banned
I was given a rating of 'B' because I entered undecided on support of Vermont Gun law on the NRA survey. Here is my quandary, I know how the Liberals have been stealing our rights, by requiring one bureaucratic hoop after another when purchasing and owning a gun. I recognize these 'reasonable public safety' measures for exactly what they are-- another inch of our rights taken away.

After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that no matter what caveats are enacted concerning gun ownership, the anti-gun groups will use the cracks to take away our right. The only solution to this is to take a firm stand and close those gaps. If answering that survey today, I would support Vermont Style Gun Law.

A. I originally was considering gun safety classes for concealed carry. However this will be exploited by the anti-gun lobbyists, and therefore is unacceptable to me. So I have moved off this position.

A. Yes

A. I support the right to bear arms, permitting, licensing, casing requirements and waiting periods have been put into place in order to discourage ownership, make make gun ownership cost prohibitive, or render the gun useless. I originally was undecided about Vermont Style Gun Law, but have come to the conclusion that if we allow any crack in our gun laws; it will result in the loss of rights, and that is unacceptable.

A. I'm an Alumni of Northern Illinois University, where in 2008 a former student murdered 5 and wounded more than a dozen before taking his own life. A smaller version of the Virginia Tech shootings. If students, faculty or security were allowed to carry this may have been prevented or stopped. To me gun free also means safety free. Additionally, the zero tolerance of weapons in schools is also being abused; where children bringing a knife to cut a birthday cake, a pocket knife kept in a car truck, a plastic gun etc. are being suspended and or expelled. This is wrong.

A. Recently in Milw. a veteran driving a sooped up car in a high crime neighborhood was arrested and held in jail for three days, because his gun was not cased in his car. I oppose this. Casing a gun in your car renders it useless. Citizens should have the right to protect themselves, their family and their property; including their cars. Therefore, the casing requirement is unreasonable. Open and concealed carry should be allowed in cars.

"B" rating? Hell I would give her an "A" rating! She would definitely get my vote.

grinner

Ms. Burns, first thank you for joining here and posting your positions. And, more importantly, for HAVING those positions!!

I think the NRA deserves the "B" rating, and YOU deserve the "A"! Best of luck in the election and in all of your endeavors.

johnny amish

A. Yes

Thank you for answering our questions. I wish I could vote for you as you have earned it. Many here on this forum will however have the opportunity to support you.

fjpro2a

The NRA isn't God

I am a lifetime member of the NRA, and I am extremely disappointed with some of their endorsements this year. Just because they gave Krista a "B" rating doesn't mean she doesn't deserve your vote. We MUST achieve both big and small victories. At the worst, Krista is a small victory. I say vote for her. Then, if she wins, remind her of her positions. We will be able to determine if she is serious or not. REMEMBER THE ALTERNATIVE!!!

tomm1963

A. Yes

Yeah! Thanks for responding Krista. You will get my vote this November 2nd. Since you were classy enough not to directly ask for contributions to your campaign allow me to point members of this forum to the right place.

http://kristaburns.com/

As my Uncle Kenny always said "Money talks, B.S. walks"

skorittnig

A. Yes

Krista,

Thanks for clarifying, and best of luck.