• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at church?

Woodchuck

Doug, If your going to quote scripture, get it right please.

2 Timothy 4

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

And just curious, what does this have to do with OC and self defense?

oak1971

'chuck,

"For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound teaching, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires." Describes OCDO.

Talk about quoting scripture out of context. You may want to review Romans Chapter 13.

Rom 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

Rom 13:2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,

Rom 13:4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Rom 13:5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Rom 13:6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.

Rom 13:7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

MKEgal

I am, understandably, biased about this issue.
If I ever go back into a church, I won't be OCing unless I know for certain that the people there are of sound mind.

I'm hoping that we will soon have Constitutional Carry, like Alaska, Arizona, & Vermont.
Otherwise I'll have to gravely weigh my concerns for my safety & rights against the possibility of coming into conflict with a LEO.

Spartacus

Banned
From what Ive seen, no one on here has had more mercy shown to them than you. Proven by your ability to still post here.

Well thats funny because I have a PM from John saying Doug was to be banned unless he publicly apologized for his antics.

He must have groveled and whined his way out of that one.

Last edited:

hardballer

I have to agree with J.Gleason here, 100%. Don't ask to exercise your right. If you do exercise your right and someone objects who is in a position to say no, you can decide to put it away and be defenseless or find another place of worship. Most often, you will get a negative response by asking. Most people are cowards. Sheep. Sorry, my opinon.

I have been asked not to carry in a few places. I have never been back. Never carried in a church but if I did attend church, I would be carrying for sure and for certain and if I were asked to leave it in my car, I would head to the car and go home, never to cross their threshold again. Ever.

People need to man up and find a bigger set of cajones. It is your life that you are trading off to make someone comfortable. It may not happen today, it may never happen but the day you decide to go to a church and psycho boy walks in with his Mac9, you can say; "Hey, wait a minute while I go out to my car and get my gun. Or take one for the pastor...

By the way, right here, I would like to say that Thank You to MKEgal! You are a shining example of a courageous citizen, exercising her Constitutional Right to carry. I have the highest respect possible for what you did and I understand your disappointment. Things may change soon for all of us but you took action on your convictions and beliefs and for that I am proud of you. Proud to be part of an organization with people like you in it's membership. Thank you.

lance galloway

I have to agree with J.Gleason here, 100%. Don't ask to exercise your right. If you do exercise your right and someone objects who is in a position to say no, you can decide to put it away and be defenseless or find another place of worship. Most often, you will get a negative response by asking. Most people are cowards. Sheep. Sorry, my opinon.

I have been asked not to carry in a few places. I have never been back. Never carried in a church but if I did attend church, I would be carrying for sure and for certain and if I were asked to leave it in my car, I would head to the car and go home, never to cross their threshold again. Ever.

People need to man up and find a bigger set of cajones. It is your life that you are trading off to make someone comfortable. It may not happen today, it may never happen but the day you decide to go to a church and psycho boy walks in with his Mac9, you can say; "Hey, wait a minute while I go out to my car and get my gun. Or take one for the pastor...

+ 1 I too will never go to a church that would not let me be armed just like I wont go to a store that wont let me carry.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
It's private property and should be respected as such. If the Pastor says no, too bad for you. That is no place to start a urination contest.

Might be private property, but it is not the pastors private property is it?

Never ask permission to exercise your rights the answer will more than likely be "No."

If you feel uncomfortable open carrying inside the church then either don't do it or CCW simple as that.
if you know what you are doing, no one will even know you are carrying. Enough said.

oak1971

Might be private property, but it is not the pastors private property is it?

Never ask permission to exercise your rights the answer will more than likely be "No."

If you feel uncomfortable open carrying inside the church then either don't do it or CCW simple as that.
if you know what you are doing, no one will even know you are carrying. Enough said.

The church is no place for infighting. Want to rage against the machine? Take it elsewhere.

J.Gleason

Banned
The church is no place for infighting. Want to rage against the machine? Take it elsewhere.

Don't like the answers you get to your questions then maybe you should choose the question more wisely.

Either you support the exercise of rights or you don't.

The church is not owned by any one person and therefore one person can not make the decision.

For those of you who are new to OC, I would suggest you just do it and not ask for permission. Be professional and courteous. Answer questions to the best of your ability ( except those from LEO) and Carry On!

If the church asks you to leave them tell them you will be taking your money with you. Since money is the most important thing to churches these days I am sure you will get their attention. If not, well there are many other churches out there.

Cut the strings, stop being sheeple, quit asking for permission to do something that is perfectly legal for you too do.
If your that scared, just to carry in a church, then what would you do if the time ever comes that you may need to actually use the firearm to save your life or the life of someone else? Are you going to ask the attacker for permission to use your firearm first?

As I posted once in another thread,

Why is this so hard for many of you to understand.
YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!
Just do it!

Don't Call
Don't send a letter
Don't ask
Don't be afraid to exercise your rights
Don't be irresponsible

Do act in a mature normal manner.
Do look for signs posted "No Firearms"
Do be polite when some one asks why you are open carrying
Do follow and know the current laws regarding firearms
Do enjoy your god given rights

Never unholster except to load/unload and clear or to defend your life or the life of another. No exceptions!

Doesn't get any easier than that

If you call they could say NO!

If you send a letter they will write you back and then you have it in writing that they said, NO!

If you ask before you go in they will say NO!

You should not be afraid to do something that is legal and your right to do, that is just ridiculous.

Stop and think before you do anything and ask yourself if you are a mature and responsible individual. If you can answer yes then by all means open carry. If not then leave it at home so you do not make the rest of us look bad and interfere with this freedom of rights movement.

If you open Carry be mature and act normal. The only person that knows this is your first time is you, so do not make it obvious.

Look for signs that maybe posted before entering any business to save yourself the hassle. If you are asked to leave then do so immediately, with out question.

If someone asks you why you open carry be honest and tell them. Be polite and help them too understand. They may be interested in open carrying themselves and what you say may be the deciding factor.

Try to at least be familiar with the state laws concerning firearms and the safe handling of firearms for your safety and the safety of others.

This is your God given right. Given too you by our fore fathers and fought for by thousand of veterans, many who lost their lives in the fight. So when you OC do it with honor and do it to honor those who gave you the right to do so.

There does not have to be any special plans, picnics or rally just do it!

BE PROUD YOU ARE AN AMERICAN!

M

McX

Mr. Gleason, you forgot to add to the list: God carries concealed, Jesus Open Carries!

Spartacus

Banned
This is your God given right.

I must have missed that part of what God said. You got a source for God saying I can go strapped to any event Gleason?

I can appreciate your zeal whether its real or concocted but there are a few instances where even I would have second thoughts only out of sensitivity to the participants. When we get concealed carry of course its a moot point.

One of the goofballs from here even OCed to Hubert's wife's funeral. He was the only one and seems to be consumed not with personal safety but to make the same type of statement as you are.