• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster Recommendation

Tribunal Power

I believe the Fobus HK1 will give you what you want. Although I've never had one myself, I strongly considered one in my search for a holster for my Springfield XD45. The HK1 is modeled for your piece.

Molded, click-retention system, and inexpensive. Sounds good to me. :p

jimd_21

Nice...I care the same pistol...in a blackhawk retention holster....love the feel and the adjustability of the blackhawk system.....go blackhawk....you will love it

Tribunal Power

I eventually decided on the Blackhawk Serpa as well. I strongly reccomend it. Although you can spend a lot of money on a BH holster, you don't have to-- I paid ~$30 for mine.

DCKilla

Yep, Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level 2 is where it's at. It's a very very good deal for what you get. I can't speak enough about it.

Jordan6679

Can anyone recommend a good leather holster for the sw40ve?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ron73440

Can anyone recommend a good leather holster for the sw40ve?

I bought a FIST Holster for my Baby Eagle, and I love it. They had a lot of different styles and you can choose which options you want. Mine is the #12 Basic and cost about $130, with a thumbreak, reinforcement of the top, a tension screw and boning. Not cheap, but I'm very happy with it. If you check their website, they have a list of the guns they make holsters for. Also, it took about 6 weeks from the time I ordered until I received it.

http://www.fist-holsters.com/

I've also heard good things about Tucker gunleather, but don't have any experience with them.

http://www.tuckergunleather.com/

Jordan6679

Awesome thank you. I am not a fan of the plastic holsters at all.

OC for ME

Belt or paddle?

I use a DeSantis Viper for my XD40. below is a link to the options DeSantis has for the 40VE. Unfortunately you do not have a paddle version of the Viper for your gat. I am not a fan of having to take off my belt to remove the holster.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/SW/SIGMA-40G-40V-9G-9V-9VE-40VE

I use a CQC for hunting and other activities where the firearm need to be retained and the holster is not a fashion accessory at the same time. My CQC, while very functional and in good working order has seen better days.

Good luck.

ron73440

Belt or paddle?

I use a DeSantis Viper for my XD40. below is a link to the options DeSantis has for the 40VE. Unfortunately you do not have a paddle version of the Viper for your gat. I am not a fan of having to take off my belt to remove the holster.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/SW/SIGMA-40G-40V-9G-9V-9VE-40VE

I use a CQC for hunting and other activities where the firearm need to be retained and the holster is not a fashion accessory at the same time. My CQC, while very functional and in good working order has seen better days.

Good luck.

I use a belt holster, I thread it with my belt loop at about 3 o'clock. I don't take it off that often, but it is a PITA when I do.

I also have a cheap Camel holster I bought in Afghanistan, 6 months old and it still smells like a camel, but it's good for dirtier occasions.

WalkingWolf

I use a belt holster, I thread it with my belt loop at about 3 o'clock. I don't take it off that often, but it is a PITA when I do.

I also have a cheap Camel holster I bought in Afghanistan, 6 months old and it still smells like a camel, but it's good for dirtier occasions.

I have a Camel coat that I have had over 20 years, tough stuff.

ron73440

I have a Camel coat that I have had over 20 years, tough stuff.

Actually I bought that (instead of a leather one at the same place) because you told me that when I was trying to find a holster for my pistol, since it's uncommon and I didn't know much about buying a holster.

I didn't even know you could by a holster that just fit a normal sized pistol, thought the only option was custom made.

Your coat didn't stink did it?

My camel holster sure does, I can smell it when I'm wearing it and on long trips my wife can smell it in the truck.

Got to love the "authentic" Afghani leather treatment.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Actually I bought that (instead of a leather one at the same place) because you told me that when I was trying to find a holster for my pistol, since it's uncommon and I didn't know much about buying a holster.

I didn't even know you could by a holster that just fit a normal sized pistol, thought the only option was custom made.

Your coat didn't stink did it?

My holster sure does, I can smell it when I'm wearing it and on long trips my wife can smell it in the truck.

Got to love the "authentic" Afghani leather treatment.

No it didn't, well when it was new there was the smell of the tanning. Even when it was wet it did not smell, any skin if tanned correctly should not smell. Pig, goat, lamb have the worst smell before tanning, IMO. Lamb being the worst, but after the process all that can be smelled is a trace of the chemicals.

I worked for a small processing plant when young, I got to smell the skins before they were shipped off.

Firearms Iinstuctor

None of my nylon or composite holsters have any problems with smell.:lol:

Never had a leather one smell.

I never found one holster that does it all for most of my hand guns I have several holsters.

ron73440

Just to be clear, my camel skin holster I bought at the Afghani store on base is the one that stinks, not the FIST one.

WalkingWolf

Just to be clear, my camel skin holster I bought at the Afghani store on base is the one that stinks, not the FIST one.

Was the camel skin holster a hair on skin, or a smooth skin like leather. It could be the holster was not tanned, and is nothing more than dried skin.

ron73440

Was the camel skin holster a hair on skin, or a smooth skin like leather. It could be the holster was not tanned, and is nothing more than dried skin.

Smooth and light brown, with a symbol and the word "Afghanistan" embossed on it.

Maybe you're right, but wouldn't it start to fall apart or rot if it isn't tanned?