• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is a Liquor License definition?

Hardwater

I want to start to open carry in MI but what exactly is the definition of "A" store having a liquor license. Is this a WalMart that sells beer or a Meijers that sells Beer and Liquor or is this a Bar or a restaraunt that sells Beer and Liquor or just beer? Thanks for clarifying this. And just so I am 100% sure I can carry in a restaraunt long as they don't sell beer and liquor.

Thanks for any help.

budlight

For the term Liquor License it means ANY establishment with a license to sell alcohol whether or not they have any in the building for sale doesn’t matter. This could be a Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer, party store, bar or restaurant. You can only OC in these places with a CPL.

For CC, when a bar, tavern, or restaurant receives the MAJORITY of their income from the sale of liquor by glass, then it becomes a PFZ for CC. You can only OC in these places with a CPL.

Last edited:

jimd_21

well in idaho we don't have those restrictions so.....i would deff pressure your legislature into looking into repealling the laws....

stainless1911

Banned
Stick around, there is a lot to learn, and a lot of ways to get jammed up unless you really know what you are doing. Ask lots of questions, we love to help people out around here. Did you know that you can't carry on the premises of any place that has a liquor license, whether they have any alcohol for sale or not? I assume you don't have your CPL yet? Do not OC on a bycicle without a CPL, it's considered a vehicle too!. I'm not trying to scare you off, in fact, I commend and encourage you to continue OCing, but learn the ins and outs first. If you ask around, Im confident that someone will be happy to go OCing with you, and get you briefed on a few do's and don'ts.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for not being a sheep.;)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I want to start to open carry in MI but what exactly is the definition of "A" store having a liquor license. Is this a WalMart that sells beer or a Meijers that sells Beer and Liquor or is this a Bar or a restaraunt that sells Beer and Liquor or just beer? Thanks for clarifying this. And just so I am 100% sure I can carry in a restaraunt long as they don't sell beer and liquor.

Thanks for any help.

Lists all businesses with liquor license.
http://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/llist/

If the place you want to go into is listed here they have a license.

stainless1911

Banned
Be careful, I walked into a Mobil gas station the other day, and noticed the coolers full of beer. I thought, beer? Really!? Guess I'm not used to that. At least I have a CPL. This law is more of a scorpion in a boot than a deterrent to crime.:mad: