• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another WAVE "poll"

MKEgal

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15086&post=72689&uid=273516596235#post72689

"Research tells us more people carrying more guns in more places won't make us safer. Yet, there is an attempt in Wisconsin to normalize guns in public places like, parks, Culver's, Starbucks, grocery stores and churches. If you encounter people carrying guns in public places, how will you react? What will you do?"

Hey, she knows about the Madison 5 & the Brookfield incident! Aside from the obvious lie included in the question, some of the responses are flat-out hilarious.
Several of them seem to think that criminals won't bring guns into a "gun-free zone", and one of them goes on a rant about "8,900 licenses were just issued to kill peaceful, playful, intelligent bears for heads on wall" [sic].
And then there's the one that says "Any gun is a threat to my safety and peace of mind." Really? So you wouldn't want a police officer to come help you after you were attacked, raped, & robbed?

Wonder how long they'll leave mine up before deleting it as unsupportive?
"The WI Constitution protects the right to keep & bear arms even more strongly than the federal one. The amendment was approved by a 74% vote (a major landslide) in 1998 (modern times). It's open to being re-amended, but with so many people in support that would be hard.

As for what I'd do, seeing someone with a gun, it would depend on what the person was doing. Ordering coffee? I'd probably walk over & chat. Pointing it at someone? I'd get out of the way & try to get where I could stop the bad guy without endangering anyone else.

Instead of basing your responses on feelings, how about learning some facts from the FBI? They published a study several years ago that says criminals DON'T open carry and DON'T use holsters. So if you can see the gun (& it's not pointed at someone) you're probably OK.
(PDFs of the study are posted. IIRC, the finding I referenced is in Ch. 4: http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/08/violent-encounters.html )

Don't make the mistake of thinking that someone else would act the same way you would. IOW, just because you'd suddenly become deranged & commit mass murder if you had a gun, don't think that other people would. If you look at the facts, people who have permits are even less likely than police to misuse their pistols.

I'm interested to know what WAVE is doing to keep criminals from having weapons? From what I'm reading, it seems that most of your efforts are against law-abiding citizens who don't harm anyone. It's criminals who are the problem. How are you stopping them? (Remember, they don't follow laws, so pushing for more laws won't help the situation.)
"

I'm guessing that since I'm not supporting their position, I give facts to support my opposition of their claims, I'm not calling people names, & I'm asking them for real results, my post won't be up long... or maybe they'll treat it like sharks treat chum.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
WAVE using some of that Joyce Foundation money to develop an internet "community."

for the lady that was concerned about the bears being shot, here is a favorite family recipe:

Take about a 4 pound roast.
Season with garlic and minced onion
sprinkle with pepper
wrap in bacon
place on a cedar board on a large sheet of foil
place potatos and carrots all around
wrap up the foil
bake at 350 for 3 hours
remove foil and allow to cool
remove all meat and veggies
eat board

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=253341

Canard

Not worth the time trying to convince the sheeple that the stories that exist in their heads are ones they have made up for themselves and have no base in reality.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
OKay, after reading some of those comments I'm going to go throw up now..... I especially love the ones that bash bear hunters LMAO. These idiots should be dropped in the middle of the forest in northern Wisconsin and be forced to be "one" with nature for a week.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Not worth the time trying to convince the sheeple that the stories that exist in their heads are ones they have made up for themselves and have no base in reality.

Although I agree, THEY will not change their mind, WE must make the argument for when a fence sitter happens by he/she will see both side, not just the anti argument.

M

McX

i generally decline to speak to the leftists, i have found them to be the most ignorant, uninformed, lying, cheating, backstabbing group of parasites to infest this planet.

added on edit: i can site an example; friend refers a lefty to the shop, they come in envoking the name of the friend for service. has me do $1000 worth of work, pays me $200, and envokes friend's name yet again to get car back, promicing to pay later. splits, and later claims to have not authorized the work- gee what a surprise huh? I turn to the friend who's name the lefty envoked; will you help me recover payment from your leftist friend? answer: no. My response; you are ALL banned from the shop. lesson learned; 1. friend who's name was envoked no friend of mine. 2. Lefty lied through their teeth to obtain what they wanted, and let their friend hang for it. 3. Dont have crap to do with the leftys.

Last edited:

protias

i generally decline to speak to the leftists, i have found them to be the most ignorant, uninformed, lying, cheating, backstabbing group of parasites to infest this planet.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about them? :p

BJA

Campaign Veteran
The only good thing about lefties? There women are usually easier to get with than independant minded women LMAO. BTW sorry to hear about that MCX thats really shady what they did.

M

McX

The only good thing about lefties? There women are usually easier to get with than independant minded women LMAO. BTW sorry to hear about that MCX thats really shady what they did.

i appreciate the thought BJA, but i also point out several facts i learned from the encounter:
never release a vehicle without payment- no matter who they are, or who's name they envoke. I knew this person was a lefty up front, and I should have figured on it, and taken steps to safeguard against them. what goes around comes around- this bunch will now have to go out into the 'real world' and maybe get screwed over by another shop. lefty left 2 victims here; me, AND their friends, who got stuck with the responsibility of their (lefty's) conduct, and broken word. Laughable that their friends would take the responsibility, and let lefty walk huh? And what amazes me most: lefty walks through the world, knowing what they did to me, and to their friends, and thinks nothing of it.

it should also be noted here; i have extended courtesy to open carriers, and NEVER had a problem with them keeping their word.

rcav8r

FWIW, the "bear lady" is patricia randolph, a well known anti-hunting advocate, esp. bears. She's the one that got elected to the conservation congress a few years ago by the simple fact that enough pro-hunting people didn't show up to that meeting, but she and her anti pals did.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
FWIW, the "bear lady" is patricia randolph, a well known anti-hunting advocate, esp. bears. She's the one that got elected to the conservation congress a few years ago by the simple fact that enough pro-hunting people didn't show up to that meeting, but she and her anti pals did.

Lesson learned.... we can get one of us elected with an agenda of getting the DNR out of the carry for defense and shooting recreation regulation business and tell it to stick to regulating hunting where it belongs.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The gig for Judy Miner who has a comment on the WAVE Facebook is that of professional protester.

See last signature:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town.../9cd1cb64-53c8-11df-85cb-001cc4c002e0.pdf.pdf

Her organization:

http://www.wnpj.org/

What we have to aware of is that the Joyce Foundation has been networking for a long time. For example, go from Joyce Foundation to WAVE to WNPJ to the organizations on the referenced April 28, 2010 letter. Remember the Executive Directors of these organizations play "I supported you, it's your turn now." The Joyce Foundation hands out million$ in grants every year to nonprofit organizations with executive directors.

Attach some tentacles to the WAVE branch on the Joyce Foundation mind map.

http://wapedia.mobi/thumb/14c8496/e...g,gif&ctf=0?format=jpg,png,gif&loadexternal=1

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
WAVE has LEFT THE BUILDING

First, we know WAVE, like LEO, monitors this board.

A few OCDO members commented on the various articles on the WAVE facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Anti-Violence-Effort/273516596235

The WAVE people have ENDED the debate and are removing any pro-rights comments from the posts. Apparently, WAVE stands against the free exchange of ideas as well. They (WAVE) are also preventing the pro-rights crowd from even "liking" them on FB.

To the WAVE leadership, your actions will be remember and we will spread news of these actions across the state of WI. The public will come to see WAVE, what could have been a wonderful Anti Violence organization (with support from firearms owners), as just another well funded anti-rights hate group.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
A few OCDO members commented on the various articles on the WAVE facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Anti-Violence-Effort/273516596235

The WAVE people have ENDED the debate and are removing any pro-rights comments from the posts. Apparently, WAVE stands against the free exchange of ideas as well. They (WAVE) are also preventing the pro-rights crowd from even "liking" them on FB.

To the WAVE leadership, your actions will be remember and we will spread news of these actions across the state of WI. The public will come to see WAVE, what could have been a wonderful Anti Violence organization (with support from firearms owners), as just another well funded anti-rights hate group.

Wisconsin Carry members tried to engage in a meaningful dialogue with them. It is to WAVE's shame that they are unwilling to let their members hear what the other side says.

A complement to those from Wisconsin Carry that went into the lair of the beast. You made persuasive arguments for the right to bear firearms for protection. That is the Joyce Foundation's worst fear.