Thread: Weekly San Diego OC meet

Weekly San Diego OC meet

Responsible Citizens of California San Diego Islands Open Carry Meet

Low-key small group, we are meeting at Islands in La Jolla Village Square to have a burger. New OCer's or the merely curious are encouraged to attend, as there will be some tried-and-true OCer's present who will be able to offer advice or answer any questions.

Monday October 18, 2010, 7 pm until whenever. See you then!

Sam (elsensei)
    Last edited by elsensei; 10-18-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: forgot the date!

What date?

Is that the one on Nobel Dr, just west of I 5?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

oh, whoops. Sorry. It's tomorrow, monday the 18th. And yes, the one off Nobel.

I'll be there. Unarmed of course . . . Stupid Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy352 View Post
    I'll be there. Unarmed of course . . . Stupid Taurus.
    You lost it in a boating accident?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

i may show up unarmed as well(why? because i want to)

Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    Oh I forgot to say yes Leo you can catch a ride with me.

Why unarmed Leo? Is it because everytime you UOC with me you get Butt Ra134 by the cops? lol

whatever. armed, unarmed, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    But, but, but...your 1911 is famous.

I plan on attending as well....and Leo.....ya gotta show off the famous 1911!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilinbp View Post
    I plan on attending as well....and Leo.....ya gotta show off the famous 1911!
    haha i wasnt even able to show up haha i screwed up my wrist pretty bad while fixing guardrail today

Hope there's another. Had a conflict tonight and couldn't attend. I'm in Lemon Grove, BTW.

Sorry, both Leo and Rocker that you couldn't attend. It was a great dinner. I heard it mentioned that it may become a regular Monday thing to meet for dinner at different places. There were a dozen of us in total IIRC with much good discussion and storytelling by all. The highlight of the evening was the opportunity to start the conversion process of one of the attendees who doesn't yet understand why we are so passionate about our 2nd Amendment rights. I think we made good progress on that front and encouraged her to join us at another dinner; not to mention that everyone offered to take her to the range. I was honored to meet everyone there and look forward to the next dinner. No LEO encounters nor any issues with the public as a whole. Ironically....our waitress didn't even notice most of us were armed till we pointed it out at the end of the night; and even then she was fine with it.

Finally, Leo.....even someone with a wrist injury still needs to eat.......no excuse buddy! :P

Wow... Sounds great. I am sorry I missed it. I think it's terrific to let the public see that responsible LACs can enjoy their rights protected by the 2nd Amendment and the world doesn't come to an end and the sort of hysteria that was promoted by Saldaña (good riddance) was exactly that-- hysteria and fear mongering.

On a side note my FL non-resident CCW arrived in the mail today. Not that it is worth squat in California.

odd

Quote Originally Posted by RockerFor2A View Post
    Wow... Sounds great. I am sorry I missed it. I think it's terrific to let the public see that responsible LACs can enjoy their rights protected by the 2nd Amendment and the world doesn't come to an end and the sort of hysteria that was promoted by Saldaña (good riddance) was exactly that-- hysteria and fear mongering.

On a side note my FL non-resident CCW arrived in the mail today. Not that it is worth squat in California.
    oddly enough, your new florida carry permit may not even be good IN FLORIDA!!
    since they are one of six states that dont recognize non resident permits.
    of coarse you are covered in a bunch of other states.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    oddly enough, your new florida carry permit may not even be good IN FLORIDA!!
    since they are one of six states that dont recognize non resident permits.
    of coarse you are covered in a bunch of other states.
    That's interesting. I'm trying to research it. They may not recognize other state's non-resident permits, but I'd be surprised if they didn't honor their own. I know they don't recognize states that don't recognize them, hence a CA permit is no good in Florida.

They have a detailed page about current reciprocity and it doesn't look too bad. But I'm OT now.

Finally, Leo.....even someone with a wrist injury still needs to eat.......no excuse buddy! :P
    yea man i was seriously struggling to use my wrist even to eat here at home. im probably gonna go to the doctors office today to get it checked out cause this one is really painful anytime i try to pick something up with the weight of a glass or heavier it like someones shoving needles through it. im rather unimpressed with my injury cause its annoying as hell.

Wink

Yeah, going to the doctor sounds like a wise decision based on your description of the injury. I hope it heals well. Also remember that you can order soup and just use a spoon with your good hand, silly.

Great meet, I enjoyed meeting all of you will send out email today when time permits...Sadly next 2 mondays im scheduled to work but have the next 3 mondays after available. I hope this becomes a regular monday event and that it grows and brings more RCC members out.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Ironically....our waitress didn't even notice most of us were armed till we pointed it out at the end of the night; and even then she was fine with it.
    She actually thought we were an AA group meeting cause nobody ordered alcohol.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    She actually thought we were an AA group meeting cause nobody ordered alcohol.
    I almost did but just didn't feel like it. Oh well.