• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekly San Diego OC meet

elsensei

Responsible Citizens of California San Diego Islands Open Carry Meet

Low-key small group, we are meeting at Islands in La Jolla Village Square to have a burger. New OCer's or the merely curious are encouraged to attend, as there will be some tried-and-true OCer's present who will be able to offer advice or answer any questions.

Monday October 18, 2010, 7 pm until whenever. See you then!

Sam (elsensei)

Last edited:

elsensei

oh, whoops. Sorry. It's tomorrow, monday the 18th. And yes, the one off Nobel.

Devilinbp

Sorry, both Leo and Rocker that you couldn't attend. It was a great dinner. I heard it mentioned that it may become a regular Monday thing to meet for dinner at different places. There were a dozen of us in total IIRC with much good discussion and storytelling by all. The highlight of the evening was the opportunity to start the conversion process of one of the attendees who doesn't yet understand why we are so passionate about our 2nd Amendment rights. I think we made good progress on that front and encouraged her to join us at another dinner; not to mention that everyone offered to take her to the range. I was honored to meet everyone there and look forward to the next dinner. No LEO encounters nor any issues with the public as a whole. Ironically....our waitress didn't even notice most of us were armed till we pointed it out at the end of the night; and even then she was fine with it.

Finally, Leo.....even someone with a wrist injury still needs to eat.......no excuse buddy! :p

RockerFor2A

Wow... Sounds great. I am sorry I missed it. I think it's terrific to let the public see that responsible LACs can enjoy their rights protected by the 2nd Amendment and the world doesn't come to an end and the sort of hysteria that was promoted by Saldaña (good riddance) was exactly that-- hysteria and fear mongering.

On a side note my FL non-resident CCW arrived in the mail today. Not that it is worth squat in California. :(

1245A Defender

odd

Wow... Sounds great. I am sorry I missed it. I think it's terrific to let the public see that responsible LACs can enjoy their rights protected by the 2nd Amendment and the world doesn't come to an end and the sort of hysteria that was promoted by Saldaña (good riddance) was exactly that-- hysteria and fear mongering.

On a side note my FL non-resident CCW arrived in the mail today. Not that it is worth squat in California. :(

oddly enough, your new florida carry permit may not even be good IN FLORIDA!!
since they are one of six states that dont recognize non resident permits.
of coarse you are covered in a bunch of other states.:lol:

RockerFor2A

oddly enough, your new florida carry permit may not even be good IN FLORIDA!!
since they are one of six states that dont recognize non resident permits.
of coarse you are covered in a bunch of other states.:lol:

That's interesting. I'm trying to research it. They may not recognize other state's non-resident permits, but I'd be surprised if they didn't honor their own. I know they don't recognize states that don't recognize them, hence a CA permit is no good in Florida.

They have a detailed page about current reciprocity and it doesn't look too bad. But I'm OT now.

leoffensive

Finally, Leo.....even someone with a wrist injury still needs to eat.......no excuse buddy! :p

yea man i was seriously struggling to use my wrist even to eat here at home. im probably gonna go to the doctors office today to get it checked out cause this one is really painful anytime i try to pick something up with the weight of a glass or heavier it like someones shoving needles through it. im rather unimpressed with my injury cause its annoying as hell.