• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good encounter Open Cary in Lucedale Wal-Mart!!

Benndale_Ms_OC

Yesterday I was OC in Wal-Mart when two Lucedale Police Officers approached me. They asked for ID so I handed them my DL and Firearms cards. They didn't even call the numbers in, just checked the dates and said I was "leagal".

One officer said someone called in with a concern and they had to check it out. I explained that I understood, and thanked them for doing just that. They said they would prefer me to conceal, but what I was doing was perfectly leagal, and they let me go still open carying. Actualy one of them said "Although open cary is leagal in Mississippi, we would prefere you conceal, just to keep people from causing a scene and calling 911 everytime you came in". I have open carried several times in the same Wal-Mart without any LEO encounters. This time I saw a guy following me, trying not to let me see him following me, and he was on his cell phone so I was expecting LEO at any moment. I continued to do my shopping and calmly awaited the LEO to show up. I will continue to OC in this Wal-Mart and everywhere that is leagal, and knowing Lucedale PD is educated makes me feel good about where I live!

After the LEO left me, I saw them talking to my "folower" so I am sure they told him I was not breaking any laws, and they probably schooled him on the gun laws in Mississippi.

-Bandit

robbyw

Yesterday I was OC in Wal-Mart when two Lucedale Police Officers approached me. They asked for ID so I handed them my DL and Firearms cards. They didn't even call the numbers in, just checked the dates and said I was "leagal".

One officer said someone called in with a concern and they had to check it out. I explained that I understood, and thanked them for doing just that. They said they would prefer me to conceal, but what I was doing was perfectly leagal, and they let me go still open carying. Actualy one of them said "Although open cary is leagal in Mississippi, we would prefere you conceal, just to keep people from causing a scene and calling 911 everytime you came in". I have open carried several times in the same Wal-Mart without any LEO encounters. This time I saw a guy following me, trying not to let me see him following me, and he was on his cell phone so I was expecting LEO at any moment. I continued to do my shopping and calmly awaited the LEO to show up. I will continue to OC in this Wal-Mart and everywhere that is leagal, and knowing Lucedale PD is educated makes me feel good about where I live!

After the LEO left me, I saw them talking to my "folower" so I am sure they told him I was not breaking any laws, and they probably schooled him on the gun laws in Mississippi.

-Bandit

The same thang happend to me when i was cutting grass in my front yard . A nabor called the police.they came out and said i was legal to oponcarry in or out of my yard

DCKilla

I haven't had any LEO encounters yet. There hasn't been any crazies like the one that followed you either. I'm hoping that it'll stay that way.
The other night I was at the Pearl Walmart picking up ice cream for my wife. As I left there was a Mississippi Highway Patrol cruiser parked near my 4runner. I didn't see the officer inside.