• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two women were killed in Tennessee post office shooting

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
This is an excerpt from a fictional story I was writing years ago. It could be just as poignant today as it was back when I wrote it. It echoes the mindset and position of so many in the news media. How their view of the world around them is filtered and tainted by both the lives they lead and their feeling of pseudo-identification. In this light, I would not be surprised one bit to hear of calls for increased control and restrictions on the private ownership of firearms.

“Around 6:45 this morning, the early shoppers at this little neighborhood center were suddenly and brutally reminded of the danger that lurks around all of us. A man returning to his car was overtaken by two young men who demanded his car keys and his wallet. While they were trying to steal his car, he pulled one from the driver’s side and stabbed him in the neck, then shot the other assailant as he tried to come to the aid of his cohort. Both of the assailants were killed in the attack. Their victim received no injuries and has asked that his name not be given out as a precaution. Police have not filed any charges against the man who was attacked for killing his attackers and have indicated that it is doubtful that charges would be filed. However, it is this reporter’s opinion that if he had just cooperated, then two young men would still be alive tonight and not laying in some morgue. Vigilante justice must not rule our streets. Otherwise, we are all at a greater risk from such misguided actions. This incident underscores the need to get the guns out of the homes so that young people will not be able to use them for things such as what happened here. The victim was lucky this time. But the two young men were not so lucky. And they were also victims. Victims of a system that allows people to stockpile killing weapons in homes where anyone can get to them. Who will be next? Get the guns out of the homes.”

Jack House

What reporter are you quoting, SB? That sounds just like something that someone from MSNBC or CNN would say and I'm fairly sure I've similar sentiment on the Donahue Show when it actually aired. Though he doesn't really count. :rolleyes:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
What reporter are you quoting, SB? That sounds just like something that someone from MSNBC or CNN would say and I'm fairly sure I've similar sentiment on the Donahue Show when it actually aired. Though he doesn't really count. :rolleyes:

Please take a look at the first sentence and note that I said this was a fictional story. I had started a book and this reporter piece is all fictional. I worded it as though it could have come from any one of the local or national network news broadcasts. My intent in my post here was just to show how an event can be turned or twisted via a news report into something promoting an agenda.

Almost makes me want to say, "gotcha" just for the fun of it. I take your comments as a plus for my little piece.

Jack House

I take your comments as a plus for my little piece.
That's how they were meant. I did read the first sentence. My comment wasn't serious, but rather pointing out that you did a good job conveying the psychosis of antis, and said something that they are very likely to have said.

since9

Campaign Veteran
It can't be real. Everyone knows Postal facilities are GFZs. Maybe they were attacked with baseball bats. Anything except being shot.

Say, you're right! It even says so right here in black and white: "No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes." - 39 CFR 232.1

So, nope! It can't possibly be a shooting. It's probably just another one of those stabbings made to look like a shooting. You know, like the Virginia Tech stabbing massacre...

When are local, state, and federal legislators going to wake up and realize that establishing gun free zones actually creates TARGETS for criminals? :banghead:

Last edited:

gravedigger

My intent in my post here was just to show how an event can be turned or twisted via a news report into something promoting an agenda.

President Bush was riding on a ferry boat one day with a group of reporters from the liberal left media. A woman walked out onto the deck to enjoy the view, when suddenly, a gust of wind took her hat from her head. The hat flew a hundred feet from the boat and landed on the water.

The newspaper reporters were all anxiously watching to see what President Bush would do about it.

Mr. Bush assured the woman that there was no need to worry. Then he rose up over the rail, and floated in the air down to the water's surface. When his shoes barely touched the water, he walked over to the hat, picked it up, and walked back to the boat, rising again into the air and landing softly on the deck.

The reporters were astonished at the sight. They quickly grabbed their Blackberry phones and began typing away.

The following morning, the newspapers came out at the stands. There, in BIG, BOLD PRINT was the headline:

BUSH CAN'T SWIM!