• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Starbucks to serve Beer & Wine

Bill Starks

State Researcher
A renovated Starbucks opened Monday in Seattle with something new on the menu - beer and wine.

The Olive Way Starbucks on Capitol Hill is the first under the Starbucks brand to offer alcohol.
The beer and wine go on sale after 4 p.m. The idea is to offer drinks and a wider variety of food that will attract customers after the morning espresso rush.
The store closed in July for the renovation that includes a circular coffee bar.

What will this do for weapons carry I wonder?

amlevin

Interesting. Let's see, high octane coffee all day long and some beer or wine to bring you down for the evening. Sounds like they're going for a "balanced diet".

As for becoming 21+ after 4, why? Doesn't happen at the ball park. It's been a while since I've been on a ferry but I assume they still serve beer. They don't make the concession area 21 or older, do they?

I would think that since they have "other fare" Starbucks won't be required to go 21+ just to to serve their new products.

daddy4count

They already peddle the most widely available addictive drug in America... why not add alcohol to the list?

As far as OC, state law says you can carry unless it the alcohol serving venue is restricted to 21-or-over.

Ballpark is a different issue, not an age or alcohol one, but rather a trespassing issue as I understand... since it is an "agree to abide by the rules printed on the back of the ticket" type thing.

jt59

I can't imagine that it would be any different than any other place that serves alcohol and food....

We'd just sit in the area that serves the food and stay out of any area signed as "restricted" for minors.

They're not going to shut out customers with a 4:00 deadline....and they likely aren't going to take this model system wide....at least not for a while. Although, if the state monopoly on liquor sales changes with the intiative on the ballot, maybe I'll be able to get my McCallan 10yr along with my 1lb of ground beans on #3 at the same time I am browsing for other retail sales items.....hmmm, maybe those starbuck folks are more clever than we know....:lol:

amzbrady

It will bring in more of the liberal anti's. I think it is mandatory they start drinking by no later than 3 pm to stay in their warm fuzzy rainbow filled worlds where the police protect them 24 hours a day, and no harm will ever come to them as long as guns dont come within 4 states of them.

amlevin

Although, if the state monopoly on liquor sales changes with the intiative on the ballot, maybe I'll be able to get my McCallan 10yr

I prefer my Scotch to be of "Legal Age"

11710.gif

amlevin