Thread: Baltimore MD gets $300K Federal Grant to Suppress Guns...

Baltimore MD gets $300K Federal Grant to Suppress Guns...

No, this does NOT mean that everyone in Baltimore is getting a free silencer...

What is means is that BPD is getting a grant of $300,000 dollars to do a study for "Gun Suppression". Ostensibly this is to figure out how they can keep guns out of the hands of "the wrong kinds of people". (we all know what THAT means...)

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...h-gun-violence

How about a grant to teach law-abiding citizens their rights and responsibilities when it comes to Self Defense? How about spending that money on their collapsing school system, and community outreach? How about using to SERVE the people, rather than using it to figure out new ways to further oppress and subjugate the populace?...

Gov. O'Malley, and BSA Jessamy, you'd better have U-Haul on speed-dial. You're going to need to call them come Nov. 3...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 11-05-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BS un
    led by Daniel Webster of the Center for Gun Policy and Research at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
    'Nuff said. Bought and paid for, utterly impeached.

You'll note (w/dismay) that there are NO Marylanders addressing this situation. There never are.

Perhaps the city should change its name to "Baaaaahtimore"...

Which would, I suppose make the state "Muttonland"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    You'll note (w/dismay) that there are NO Marylanders addressing this situation. There never are.
    I think Marylanders are so used to being oppressed that its become 'normal' for them.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Federal Government pays $300K to supress the civil rights of Baltimore citizens

Sad, sad commentary. What are the FOIA laws like in Md?

We should also FOIA the Feds to find out what their criteria are for awarding $$$ to supress rights.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    I think Marylanders are so used to being oppressed that its become 'normal' for them.
    There are many Marylanders that are working very hard to make changes to Maryland law, but is is a monumental struggle.

I am a Virginian, just across the river, and my 2A rights are guaranteed by the VA Constitution. It really grinds on me to have to stop and disarm as I approach the river....

I was surprised to how many women oppose firearms, particularly as firearms are about the only thing in our modern society which can actually serve and protect women from criminals, particularly ones much larger than themselves, whether they're armed or not.

OC has never been any sort of an issue or problem, as OCers aren't the ones breaking the law. If you're one of those who're supporting banning OC, you need to pull your head out of the sand and check your crime statistics. Criminals are the ones who kill people, and they almost never OC. Meanwhile, OC deters such criminal activity.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

You don't see any Marylanders responding because all of those who had an IQ above room temperature are no longer Marylanders... No one worth a damn lives there anymore, most who do are so dumb they barely qualify as sentient life forms.