• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baltimore MD gets $300K Federal Grant to Suppress Guns...

Dreamer

No, this does NOT mean that everyone in Baltimore is getting a free silencer...

What is means is that BPD is getting a grant of $300,000 dollars to do a study for "Gun Suppression". Ostensibly this is to figure out how they can keep guns out of the hands of "the wrong kinds of people". (we all know what THAT means...)

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...registry-gun-policy-and-research-gun-violence

How about a grant to teach law-abiding citizens their rights and responsibilities when it comes to Self Defense? How about spending that money on their collapsing school system, and community outreach? How about using to SERVE the people, rather than using it to figure out new ways to further oppress and subjugate the populace?...

Gov. O'Malley, and BSA Jessamy, you'd better have U-Haul on speed-dial. You're going to need to call them come Nov. 3...

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

You'll note (w/dismay) that there are NO Marylanders addressing this situation. There never are.

Dreamer

Perhaps the city should change its name to "Baaaaahtimore"...

Which would, I suppose make the state "Muttonland"...

Thundar

Federal Government pays $300K to supress the civil rights of Baltimore citizens

Sad, sad commentary. What are the FOIA laws like in Md?

We should also FOIA the Feds to find out what their criteria are for awarding $$$ to supress rights.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I think Marylanders are so used to being oppressed that its become 'normal' for them.

There are many Marylanders that are working very hard to make changes to Maryland law, but is is a monumental struggle.

I am a Virginian, just across the river, and my 2A rights are guaranteed by the VA Constitution. It really grinds on me to have to stop and disarm as I approach the river....

since9

Campaign Veteran
I was surprised to how many women oppose firearms, particularly as firearms are about the only thing in our modern society which can actually serve and protect women from criminals, particularly ones much larger than themselves, whether they're armed or not.

OC has never been any sort of an issue or problem, as OCers aren't the ones breaking the law. If you're one of those who're supporting banning OC, you need to pull your head out of the sand and check your crime statistics. Criminals are the ones who kill people, and they almost never OC. Meanwhile, OC deters such criminal activity.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You don't see any Marylanders responding because all of those who had an IQ above room temperature are no longer Marylanders... No one worth a damn lives there anymore, most who do are so dumb they barely qualify as sentient life forms.