• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

does this sound familiar? :)

amlevin

Of all the contacts, how many were by State Police officers?

Reflecting on my contacts with Police Officers over the years, in different States, and even different Countries, it has been my impression that the State Police seem be less confrontational. Just my observation.

Tomas

Reflecting on my contacts with Police Officers over the years, in different States, and even different Countries, it has been my impression that the State Police seem be less confrontational. Just my observation.

Heck, even the French Foreign Legion patrolling with the full auto weapons during an "incident" in one of their territories were nicer, better trained, and better controlled than many local cops in the US. Safer to be around, too!

But you are right, I've never had any problems with state level officers, only local...

amzbrady

They've been training them for years, that's why we have what we have now!

Let me rephrase that. You think the other police dept's will retrain those officers to work according to the law, they must have forgot this is America?

Most State patrol dont want to stop and talk to someone who will possibly create more paperwork for them.

amlevin

Let me rephrase that. You think the other police dept's will retrain those officers to work according to the law, they must have forgot this is America?

Most State patrol dont want to stop and talk to someone who will possibly create more paperwork for them.

Hasn't stopped them from stopping a ton of drivers here in the I-5 Area north of Everett. Oh, wait, that's because each of those pieces of paper is worth a minimum of $124 to the State.