• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oral Arguments Monday, November 1, 2010

Virginiaplanter

In the case of DiGiacinto v. The Rector and Visitors of George Mason University oral arguments will be heard on Monday November 1, 2010 at the Virginia Supreme Court. There is no pre-scheduled time for cases to be heard. Seven cases will be heard that day with the arguments lasting 30 minutes for each case. Public seating is first come first serve and they do not allow admittance once arguments begin. The court begins at 9:00am and people are expected to be seated before that time.

http://www.virginia1774.org/GMULawsuit.html

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Another round of rubbing totems, incanting spells, and otherwise sending good wishes your way.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
so is it not important enough for slaying of chickens and goats?

"incanting spells" cannot be accomplished without entrails. Dumb amatuers have to have everything spelled out for them. [Yes, that's a bad pun.]

stay safe.

25sierraman

"incanting spells" cannot be accomplished without entrails. Dumb amatuers have to have everything spelled out for them. [Yes, that's a bad pun.]

stay safe.

SKIDMARK! didn't we just have a conversation on another thread about my wording? Can you imagine what the Anti's could do with this???? ......... Just kidding

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
SKIDMARK! didn't we just have a conversation on another thread about my wording? Can you imagine what the Anti's could do with this???? ......... Just kidding

This thread (his post) was before the other, not after the other. Gotta keep the Skid in proper relationship to the horse. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Back on thread -

Today is Monday November 1st and oral arguments were to commence on the case of DiGiacinto v. The Rector and Visitors of George Mason University.

Any word?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Oral Arguments went well.

Details? A hint? Maybe a summary instead of merely a hint? Inquiring minds want to know.

But in the meantime - glad to hear that things went well. Breath is appropriately bated in anticipation of a ruling.

stay safe.

eye95

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good read. I know the author has a dog in the fight, but, if what he posted is an accurate representation of the hearing, I think a good outcome is on the horizon.

IMHO the state's argument certainly sounds weak.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
IMHO the state's argument certainly sounds weak.

Disagree. "weak" seems to imply that they have some modicum of viability, applicability, or usefulness other than filling up empty space. All I read was "But we did this! We have to be allowed to get away with it or we'll look stupid." Oh! And, "it's for the children!" except that they apparently abandoned that argument somewhere between the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court. Woner why.

stay safe.

The Donkey

Thanks for the link.

While the Commonwealth's argument sounds like it was a bit scattered, it was coherent enough to put to rest any notion that Cuccinelli was not "in it to win it" in this case.