• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri-Cities Open Carry Report

cbpeck

Local Gun & Shooting Businesses

I'll check em out tomorrow. CBPeck had PM'd me with a place to go shoot outdoors. I havent been there yet, but I'm gonna have to go check it out. I dont think I can wait till Thanksgiving to go shoot.

I'll be back up in that area soon - maybe this weekend - shooting pumpkins. Its sort of a tradition this time of year.

Columbia Gun Rack is a decent place to look at guns. Their selection is small, but they'll order anything.

Griggs in Pasco is 2nd in town, only to Ranch & Home.

You might also check out:
- Hole in the Wall in Kennewick, near Ranch & Home
- 2 Brothers Tactical in West Richland
- "Boonies" in Richland is very small, but worth checking out if you can find it (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=boonies+richland)

Jayd1981

I use Boonies for a lot of my reloading supplies. Your right it is a small shop, but that guy does a great job at keeping the common reloading stuff in stock.

For a great place to shoot, I would check out Tri-City Shooting Association. It is a series of outdoor ranges, with standard 100yrd, skeet, cowboy action, and 1000 yrd ranges. They charge 5 a visit or 30 a year to be a member. The only down side I have seen is their hours. They are open from like 9am to 3pm wed, and fri - sun. Thier website is http://www.tcsa.info if you want more information.

Jayd1981

Columbia Gun Rack is a decent place to look at guns. Their selection is small, but they'll order anything.

I first started dealing with them when I wanted a particular NAA pocket revolver. All the stores in town said they carry them, but it wasn't in stock and I would need to call them each week to see if they had any. When I talked to Columbia Gun Rack, they told me they will place it on back-order for me and contact me as soon as it became available. I thought that was great service having them willing to call me instead of the other way around.

amzbrady

Thanks for the info guys. It seems like there is alot the Tri Cities has to offer. You would think with all the space here, there would be a ton of places to just pull over and shoot. I get a kick out of chasing tumble weeds down the highway. I was going to go looking for the columbia gun rack, but after I got done cleaning the gutters at the Fairchild cinema, I was pretty beat. Might try tomorrow.

cbpeck

...You would think with all the space here, there would be a ton of places to just pull over and shoot. I get a kick out of chasing tumble weeds down the highway...

There are still a few places to pull off the road and shoot. I gave you directions to one of them. A few others have been shut down in recent years due primarily to shooter stupidity. Most of them are on private property where the owner doesn't mind, until an old refrigerator shows up at the site with 183 bullet holes in it. Please my fellow shooters, do not dump trash at uncontrolled shooting areas. This includes animal carcasses, by the way. Please don't do this! It makes us all look bad and gets our shooting areas shut down.

I enjoy chasing tumbleweeds too. I've been told its dangerous though. Something about them getting stuck under your car and then catching on fire. Seems unlikely.

cbpeck

For a great place to shoot, I would check out Tri-City Shooting Association. It is a series of outdoor ranges, with standard 100yrd, skeet, cowboy action, and 1000 yrd ranges. They charge 5 a visit or 30 a year to be a member. The only down side I have seen is their hours. They are open from like 9am to 3pm wed, and fri - sun. Thier website is http://www.tcsa.info if you want more information.

Two things keep me from joining TCSA:

1) Limited Hours of Operation
2) Location - They are way outside of town. A 2 hour range session is a 3.5 hour trip.

I am a member of and do most of my shooting at the Pasco Rifle & Pistol Club: http://prpcinfo.com/

I've also thought about joining these guys, but at this point I know very little about their association: http://www.tcmsa.org/

Stretch

Two things keep me from joining TCSA:

1) Limited Hours of Operation
2) Location - They are way outside of town. A 2 hour range session is a 3.5 hour trip.

I am a member of and do most of my shooting at the Pasco Rifle & Pistol Club: http://prpcinfo.com/

I've also thought about joining these guys, but at this point I know very little about their association: http://www.tcmsa.org/

Took my hunter's safety field test there. I think they're all given at that location. It too is a bit on the outskirts of Pasco, but I think closer than the other place. As to non-pay sites, i.e side of the road, there is one south of Kennewick, but man is it used and abused. It'd be nice to see people clean up after themselves out there.

Chris.R.Anderson

The same disagreement occurs through out the world and here in the U.S. is the only place that accommodate the few over the majority.

I spent 2 1/2 years in Germany while in the Army and you had better get to know a little Deutsch our of respect for the Community and a show of Respect to meld with their culture, otherwise you will find difficult times with many not offering assistance when you could use it.

This is similar of someone walking into your home and speaking a language that you and your family does not know nor is language of your Country.

To summarize it is just plain rude not to try and learn the language of the land.

+1000

amzbrady

Took my hunter's safety field test there. I think they're all given at that location. It too is a bit on the outskirts of Pasco, but I think closer than the other place. As to non-pay sites, i.e side of the road, there is one south of Kennewick, but man is it used and abused. It'd be nice to see people clean up after themselves out there.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's time for an Open Carry clean up, if someone wants to provide a dumpter, and trash bags. Maybe we can show them that, NOT ALL guns owners are heathens.

CaptainAttila

Tcsa

One of the great things about the TCSA is that range officers can open the range for themselves on the off days or after hours for the price of a few duty days a year. With the proper qualifications, that also includes the high power range and pistol bays.

I've also been a guest at the TCMSA range a few times and found it to be a good facility too.

Freedom First

Tri Cities meet up?

Anyone interested in doing some gun shopping at the Gun Rack this Saturday? I am sure the tattoo parlor folks would get a kick out of a bunch of OCers on Kennewick Ave...

cbpeck

Anyone interested in doing some gun shopping at the Gun Rack this Saturday? I am sure the tattoo parlor folks would get a kick out of a bunch of OCers on Kennewick Ave...

I just started a new thread proposing another OC meet up in the Tri-Cities area. Will you please post there?

amzbrady

I have to work this Saturday and Sunday. I hope to get a weekend off soon so that I can go shooting. Maybe we'll cross paths in Wally World...

Oh, Welcome to the forum Freedom...

amzbrady

First of Merry Christmas all.

We got cabin fever so we decided to go for a drive, figured we go over the blue bridge and see if there were any cool lit up houses that just had to be seen. Went past West Pasco and on into Kennewick, figured we would just make the loop past Richland and back home. After driving around a while, we wound up over by the mall and the family suggested we see what was open for dinner. We didnt feel like dealing with the mess for 3 in an RV, so we figured Granny's sounded good. Notta, but Wok King was open so we went there. I had the same problem this time open carry as I had last time, which was NONE.
On a good note the food was fresh this time and the place didnt smell like urine. Yay, we win.

Have a great night everyone.

BTW, any suggestion on Auto parts places? Any problems at any of them? NAPA, AutoZone, Schucks?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I need to do a follow up on Autozone. I got verbal confirmation that they follow state law (after an incident I had back in March) but the lady never sent me any thing in hard copy.
The only reason I had an issue was the some guy robbed the place a few days earlier and the store manager was a bit concerned.

As far as the others I have not had an issue in my visits.

amzbrady

I need to do a follow up on Autozone. I got verbal confirmation that they follow state law (after an incident I had back in March) but the lady never sent me any thing in hard copy.
The only reason I had an issue was the some guy robbed the place a few days earlier and the store manager was a bit concerned.

As far as the others I have not had an issue in my visits.

Keep us posted on the corporate policy. A hard copy would be awesome.

amlevin

On a good note the food was fresh this time and the place didnt smell like urine.

I make it a practice to never return to a restaurant where the dining room smells like the restroom. Just something about the connection between taste buds and smell.

BTW, any suggestion on Auto parts places? Any problems at any of them? NAPA, AutoZone, Schucks?

I worked PT at Shucks for a "retirement job" for a couple of years. Had lots of Customers come in OC'ing. Nobody said a word. They're now owned by O'Reilly Auto Parts and of course their policy for Employees is "No Way", even for ammo. When it comes to Customers it's going to depend on how big an a-hole the manager wants to be. The Manager in the store I worked in was a gun nut so it was no big deal for Customers. We had a lot of LEO's coming into our store so the sight of a gun was not all that disturbing to the younger salespeople.

Schuck's had an incident several years ago at one of their Tacoma stores. Someone tried to take one of the small motorbikes from the sales floor at gunpoint. Ended up getting shot 7 times by a Customer. Clerk took a round too but they never said who, the BG or the Customer, fired the round. Only bad thing about that incident is the BG took 7 hits from a .45 and still made it to the hospital, alive. Never heard what his disposition was after he healed. Was interested in how much time he might have gotten for his efforts.